What's new

Bangladesh Navy

@BDforever, Ming class is good for training purpose and to familiarize or crewmen with basic sub operations. But 2016? A bit late don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hip hip hurray! Hipp hipp hurray! Hip hip hurray!

Is it impossible to get a sub from germany? Because few years back on news I heard that, non-nuclear sub, most advance non-nuclear sub is in production. I know they cost, but can't we atleast get tech help from germany?

One naval personnel said that in a meeting high official told them Bangladesh navy getting 16 warships apart from patrol vessel and other light attack craft within 5-6 years.

after that i did little study and here is the analysis:

in rapid modernization program: 7 frigate , 6 corvette and 3 submarines are mentioned.
we are getting 1 Hamilton class cutter USCGC Dallas (WHEC-716).
so 7+6+3+1= 17>16 (it is justifying his claim)

more detail analysis:

Frigate: (8)
2 Type053H2G frigate arriving in mid 2013 (confirmed)
1 Hamilton class cutter USCGC Dallas (WHEC-716) will be modified to guided frigate (confirmed)

4 MEKO 200 class frigates:
The Turkish Navy will be retiring four early MEKO 200 class frigates, which reportedly have been offered to Bangladesh. Those warship's combat systems would be upgraded to BN requirement before delivery.
source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/bangladesh/navy-modernization.htm

As of 2005 Bangladesh was thinking about purchasing Lupo class frigates from Italy. Bangladesh was interested in Type-23 Duke class friagtes but could not confront the cost. as of 2007 Bangladesh was said to be interested in a "Sapsan 2100" Ukranian frigate, but nothing came of this. (Bangladesh Navy probably going to get one of those frigate)
source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/bangladesh/navy-modernization.htm

2+1+4+1=8 Frigate

Corvette: (6)
2 Type056 corvette (confirmed)
2 South Korean corvette (confirmed) (type unknown)

Bangladesh interested in 2 Milgem Class Corvette

2+2+2 = 6

Submarine:
(2)
2 Type53B (Ming Class) submarine (confirmed)

So, 8 Frigate + 6 corvette + 2 submarines = 16 warships (again justify his claim)

@BDforever "2 Type 056 corvette" (confirmed) is what you stated. I have been checking this for a few weeks, but could not get any reliable links to prove the purchase. Can you cite any reliable source? 056 is a stealth type of China-made frigate or corvette. I doubt, China will sell this new platform so soon. Please check this. Thanks in advance.

Milgem class i think, competed with 056 of China and 056 won it so cross out Milgem. Add to that, 4 locally built landing ship dock(Not warship but a good addition, i will say). And we are locally building 4-5 more LPC too so i think he calculated those too. FYI Submarines are classified as boats and not warships.

Milgem class i think, competed with 056 of China and 056 won it so cross out Milgem. Add to that, 4 locally built landing ship dock. And we are locally building 4-5 more LPC too so i think he calculated those too. FYI Submarines are classified as boats and not warships.

check my post again ,
1.he claimed 16 warships apart from patrol vessel and other attack craft.
2. the program was about 10 years which suppose to be finish by 2020. so 2013+6=2019 it again justifies.
3. is landing ship considered as war ship ? (i do not know)

@BDforever "2 Type 056 corvette" (confirmed) is what you stated. I have been checking this for a few weeks, but could not get any reliable links to prove the purchase. Can you cite any reliable source? 056 is a stealth type of China-made frigate or corvette. I doubt, China will sell this new platform so soon. Please check this. Thanks in advance.

it is little old news.. hard to find link. even defense.pk bangladesh sub forum confirmed it
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...sh-navy-bn-ordered-two-type-056-corvette.html

check my post again ,
1.he claimed 16 warships apart from patrol vessel and other attack craft.
2. the program was about 10 years which suppose to be finish by 2020. so 2013+6=2019 it again justifies.
3. is landing ship considered as war ship ? (i do not know)

Oh ye i see it now
probably not but i wouldn't count in 4 frigates from Turkey just yet, sounds like a huge procurement. And i heard we are interested in Minerva corvettes from Italy.
Probably not, just informing the other guys about the stuffs we are getting :P

It was said in the Navy Eid program and some Chinese members confirmed it. So we are probably getting those

Oh ye i see it now
probably not but i wouldn't count in 4 frigates from Turkey just yet, sounds like a huge procurement. And i heard we are interested in Minerva corvettes from Italy.
Probably not, just informing the other guys about the stuffs we are getting :P

It was said in the Navy Eid program and some Chinese members confirmed it. So we are probably getting those

so tell me how was my analysis ? :D

Everything except the Turkish frigates sounded right. Would be great if we do though. Now you need to find out what the other 4 ships are, goodluck ;)

i did analysis , now you do for your claim that those 4 ships will not be Turkish frigates

Back
Top Bottom