What's new

Bangladesh Military prepares to defend motherland in the face of Myanmar aggression .

Most of the Bangladesihis you will find here on the forum are either Pakistani posters or anti-Indian ones. Most of the Bangladeshis in real life hate Pakistan.

And you know better than a BD'shi like myself?

Some BD'shis hate Pakistan but the majority realise that what happened was a long time ago and BD needs to align with Pakistan to keep India in check.

DJWe3utXcAE5Eot.jpg

Most of the Bangladesihis you will find here on the forum are either Pakistani posters or anti-Indian ones. Most of the Bangladeshis in real life hate Pakistan.
Either way good luck with your war with Mayanmar.

And you know better than a BD'shi like myself?

Some BD'shis hate Pakistan but the majority realise that what happened was a long time ago and BD needs to align with Pakistan to keep India in check.
I have my opinions due to discussions on several forums, reading news articles and speaking with people from Bangladesh. The hatred is real. The current tensions between BD and Mayanmar has been played on social media with several videos under the title Bangladesh Vs Mayanmar. BD commentators have used 1971 as a platform to bost of their 'supposedly' military might over mayanmar. BD commentators cannot control themselves and have to drag Pakistan into their bravado discussions. This alliance you refer to will never become a reality because India and BD are connected in many ways through business, military ties, social and economic, cultural exchange etc. The elite in BD will never allow BD to become close to Pak. BD isn't even willing to send its cricket team to play short T20s in the Pakistan.

Last edited:
I have my opinions due to discussions on several forums, reading news articles and speaking with people from Bangladesh. The hatred is real. The current tensions between BD and Mayanmar has been played on social media with several videos under the title Bangladesh Vs Mayanmar. BD commentators have used 1971 as a platform to bost of their 'supposedly' military might over mayanmar. BD commentators cannot control themselves and have to drag Pakistan into their bravado discussions. This alliance you refer to will never become a reality because India and BD are connected in many ways through business, military ties, social and economic, cultural exchange etc. The elite in BD will never allow BD to become close to Pak. BD isn't even willing to send its cricket team to play short T20s in the Pakistan
I will make some point against these observation.
1.Debate on military affairs is done by a very small segment of active facebook or youtube users usually with extreme views.They are no way correct representative of the whole population.You can correctly gauze the public perception only by taking random poll on the street or from a mass spectacle cheering for something where people from all walk of life meet.For example, a cricket match where 40k-50k people gather from all segment of the society.These 40k-50k people correctly represent the country, it is like a massive public opinion poll.And if you follow Indo-Pak cricket match in Bangladesh, you will notice ,at least 75-80 percent people are cheering for Pakistan.This phenomenon is enough to convince anyone about the true mood of the people of a country.

2.It is true that, many Bangladeshi people give the example of 1971 war.But it doesn't mean all of them have negative attitude towards current Pakistan.It is much like how many American boast about the American victory in ww2 over Germany and Japan.It doesn't mean they hate current German or Japanese population.Same is true with Bangladeshi people.

3.Whatever you find some Bangladeshi people are criticising Pakistan on social media, you will find 10 times more of that criticising India.Because India is our current adversary.

4.Bangladesh's relation with India was rather frosty all the time except Awami League rule.It is only during Awami League rule when relation with India become warm.All other times, Bangladesh is much closer to Pakistan than India.Military tie with India was non-existent until very recently,there is not much cultural exchange except West Bengal due to similar language.This type of cultural tie also present among two Punjab.And for business, China is our bigger partner than India.

True, our population is 3 times larger and economy is 4 times larger than Myanmar.Our current defence budget is also 1.5 times larger.But what we lack is leadership.We have got one ball less woman ruling over us by selling their dead father.

you post corrected.

I will make some point against these observation.
1.Debate on military affairs is done by a very small segment of active facebook or youtube users usually with extreme views.They are no way correct representative of the whole population.You can correctly gauze the public perception only by taking random poll on the street or from a mass spectacle cheering for something where people from all walk of life meet.For example, a cricket match where 40k-50k people gather from all segment of the society.These 40k-50k people correctly represent the country, it is like a massive public opinion poll.And if you follow Indo-Pak cricket match in Bangladesh, you will notice ,at least 75-80 percent people are cheering for Pakistan.This phenomenon is enough to convince anyone about the true mood of the people of a country.

2.It is true that, many Bangladeshi people give the example of 1971 war.But it doesn't mean all of them have negative attitude towards current Pakistan.It is much like how many American boast about the American victory in ww2 over Germany and Japan.It doesn't mean they hate current German or Japanese population.Same is true with Bangladeshi people.

3.Whatever you find some Bangladeshi people are criticising Pakistan on social media, you will find 10 times more of that criticising India.Because India is our current adversary.

4.Bangladesh's relation with India was rather frosty all the time except Awami League rule.It is only during Awami League rule when relation with India become warm.All other times, Bangladesh is much closer to Pakistan than India.Military tie with India was non-existent until very recently,there is not much cultural exchange except West Bengal due to similar language.This type of cultural tie also present among two Punjab.And for business, China is our bigger partner than India.
Currently very difficult to see an alliance between Pak and BD. The elite in BD have an old Indian habit of blaming the rise of extremism in BD on Pakistan. Even the Dhakka cafe siege some blamed Pakistan for organising the attack.

Currently very difficult to see an alliance between Pak and BD. The elite in BD have an old Indian habit of blaming the rise of extremism in BD on Pakistan. Even the Dhakka cafe siege some blamed Pakistan for organising the attack.

Hey just to let you know. Many bengalis I have spoken to hate Hasina and her anti Pakistan policy. Myself included.

If this rohingya situation should have taught us anything, it's that muslims have no one else but ourselves to depend on. The rest of the world really doesn't care. It's counterproductive to be fighting amongst ourselves.

Rather, I think we really have to follow what Islam advises on this topic and be united and take care of each other.

Unfortunately, our leaders ignore these thoughts and have alterior motivations which drive their policies.

The result of which is a powerless and oppressed Muslim world.

A negligent proportion of the population blames Pakistan for Gulshan attack. IDK where you got that from. I myself haven't met a single person who thinks Pakistan mobilized these kids. Even our security forces have been adamant on the fact that its the local extremist groups like ABT, New-JMB behind the attack. Any foreign influence was denied from day one. Secondly, many of the raids which followed later revealed that their weapons came from India. Though these news did not get much publicity, but people aren't dumb over here.

It is Hasina's ego and probably her personal grudge that hails back from 1971. And her closeness with India explains a lot of comment she makes on Pakistan. Its obvious that they are written and sent from Delhi. But apart from that, even she is not dumb enough to cut-off ties with Pakistan. That will never happen. Just call it a period of transition. All she is now worried about is securing her term in the next election and she needs India for that.

A negligent proportion of the population blames Pakistan for Gulshan attack. IDK where you got that from. I myself haven't met a single person who thinks Pakistan mobilized these kids. Even our security forces have been adamant on the fact that its the local extremist groups like ABT, New-JMB behind the attack. Any foreign influence was denied from day one. Secondly, many of the raids which followed later revealed that their weapons came from India. Though these news did not get much publicity, but people aren't dumb over here.

It is Hasina's ego and probably her personal grudge that hails back from 1971. And her closeness with India explains a lot of comment she makes on Pakistan. Its obvious that they are written and sent from Delhi. But apart from that, even she is not dumb enough to cut-off ties with Pakistan. That will never happen. Just call it a period of transition. All she is now worried about is securing her term in the next election and she needs India for that.
Not only that BD openly accused Pak of masterminding the BD border guards mutiny a decade ago whereby dozens of senior BD military officers lost their lives. BD also accused Pak of involvement in bomb blasts across Dhaka a decade ago.

Not only that BD openly accused Pak of masterminding the BD border guards mutiny a decade ago whereby dozens of senior BD military officers lost their lives. BD also accused Pak of involvement in bomb blasts across Dhaka a decade ago.

Consider the source.

and this?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...an-in-the-frame-over-Bangladesh-uprising.html

Regardless of the news channel the person interviewed is making damming claims of Pakistans ISI involvement and is a advisor to PM Hassina.

Exactly what I meant by consider the source.

It's well known Hasina is anti Pakistan.

Most bengalis are not.

And furthermore, going forward, Bangladesh must be aware that a BJP led India government is not a friend.

There needs to be a reset of foreign policy.

Exactly what I meant by consider the source.

It's well known Hasina is anti Pakistan.

Most bengalis are not.

And furthermore, going forward, Bangladesh must be aware that a BJP led India government is not a friend.

There needs to be a reset of foreign policy.
Student exchange programs were stopped after Dhaka university expelled Pakistani students as well as Pak embassy staff evicted from BD. What relations can there be when Pakistanis are presented with these shameful gestures? Pakistanis have accepted there can't be any normal Relations. People such as Imran Sarkar burnt the Pakistani flag outside the Pak embassy in BD. Pakistanis are a very tolerant people even when Affhans burnt the Pak flag at the Chaman border gate Pak border guards (FC) didn't respond but chose to ignore the disgraceful act. What was the purpose for BD to bail out of the SAARC summit last year? Hassina openly gave full support to Mr Modi to boycott Pakistan. These messages are seen as disrespectful in Pakistan.

Last edited:
why you indians now trying to hide behind China?? China can speak for itself. We all know india is actively supporting Myanmar genocide and supporting Myanmar against Bangladesh.

You must be either delusional or crazy to think that India is favoring Myanmar or Bangladesh against the other.

India is non aligned. Both Bangladesh and Myanmar are part of BIMSTEC and important partners for India's connectivity to South East Asia.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom