What's new

Bangladesh massively depends on India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are academic studies consisting extensive research on these regions. I always participate in arguments where I have proper knowledge. I asked you to get explained by yourself through those reports, I previously tried to explain other things with proper facts to your fellow Indians but they never believed me, so now I have just put forth the link.
But it still doesnot explain you claim that you put forward , albeit it presents various local ways and trade with SEA as an alternative to minimise dependence on mainland economy. Read your link first..

Last edited:
Its actually nothing new for my threads. I got 23 thousand views in another thread within one month. Generally my threads get highest views within few hours. I am happy but I am more happy to prove the double standard character of most PDF BD members. Now when you get quoted by any Jamaatis here in the forum just bring him back to this thread. They will get mum within second and you should just say STFU.
ok boss :tup:

bro you said bit much... :P eg: 250 countries LOL

oh my bad, somewhere I read there are around 250 countries, but now googling says there are 194 countries.

But the rank of bd as 22nd indian goods importer is based on Indian source as I showed earlier.

You don't get it. India is only staying together because it is so poor a:0nd the masses are illiterate and know no better. As people in India slowly start getting more literate they will start to question the anomaly that is India in the world.

Dude India's literacy rate is 75% from 15% at the time of Independence and in India Education does the job of instilling everyone primarily with ideals of Indian Nationalism and Patriotism and teaches to preserve its Unity and Integrity and teaches us to take pride in our country"s diversity. The more education reaches the people the more the bonds holding the country together strengthens :)

In the subcontinent, the old Pakistan split as the power struggle between the Bengalis and the Punjabis could not be reconciled, .Now the dominant Punjabis hold Pakistan together as they are as numerous as all the other ethnicities put together. India has no dominant ethnic group that can hold the country together.

Although no dominant ethnic group in India its what the dominant religion which keeps it together.

India is destined to split into many dozens of states in the end.

That would have been possible in the early years of independence when country was poor, underdeveloped, extremely low economic growth, facing numerous insurgencies and all that shit but that time has long passed and gratefully we survive those difficult times. As the country and its institutions matures and it begins to move fast on the part of development and industrialization with people jointly from all parts of country contributing towards achieving the goal of developed and prosperous India the threat of disintegration of country has been wiped out.

Totally false. People don't eat rice for breakfast in BD. Even lower middle class people eat atar roti.

Should I post thousand of reports on Indian dresses all over shopping centers during Eid? Don't talk rubbish. We have some shops in a big shopping complex in Dhaka. During Eid customer wants Indian cloths. We have to have Indian dresses during Eid. Eid without Indian cloths is unimaginable for girls of BD.

Another false claim. Airtel has way more subscriber than Teletalk. Why do you tell lie to save you from embarrassment? Is it really hard for you to accept that we depend on India for almost everything?

False. India operates Pizza Hut and KFC in BD. Transcom got permission to run Pizza Hut in BD from India. Other multi nationals are also managed by Indians. CEOs are all Indians.

Unilever BD is a subsidiary of Hindustan Unilever. Case closed.
@LaBong And you still take him seriously??

I was averse to comment on this. However multiple mentions of it has forced my hand.

UBL is a Joint Venture of the Government of Bangladesh and Unilever.
100% true :woot:

The 60.4% is Unilever's stake (an Anglo-Dutch company) 100% true :woot:
This is however routed via HUL.
This was never a one shot deal. It happened over a span of 5 years -decade after India's circa 91 financial liberation.
Since UBL is not a listed company, its not mandatory to declare the holding agency.
Since HUL is a listed entity please check the list of assets and Capital injections under HULs public reports.

Reason:
HUL is a financial and leadership powerhouse ....heck an institution on its own!
Vesting shares via HUL and exercising subtle controls is a financially worthwhile option.
It has nothing to do with India or Bangladesh.
Its a mightier subsidiary helping out the little brother.
The little brother is one of the most respected organisations in BD. I'm proud of it!

E.g. Mr. Bakr who has been the MD for almost 2 years now is the first Bangladeshi MD for Levers.
It was a thing to celebrate in the premises:enjoy:
The finance Director will be the last position to have an expat. I guess it would continue for 5 more years.
By stating the above I'm not disparaging BD in any way. Its just that India too has had its journey:woot:
Do you have any reports or evidence that says the 60% of UL's share is routed through HUL??67% of HUL is owned by the UL(The big one) right??Who owns the rest??

Last edited:
There were protests from Indian manufacturers not to allow BD garments in India but still Indian Govt. permitted duty free access to several BD items. Garment industry is the main source of earning foreign currency in Bangladesh.

Indian investment in Bangladesh garment sector to zoom

It is estimated that Indian textile and garment companies have already invested Rs. 30 billion (US$ 600 million) in Bangladesh during the current fiscal 2011-12, and this investment is likely to rise significantly.

ieport News on India's Export Import Matters: Indian investment in Bangladesh garment sector to zoom

Last edited:
@LaBong And you still take him seriously??

Do you have any reports or evidence that says the 60% of UL's share is routed through HUL??67% of HUL is owned by the UL(The big one) right??Who owns the rest??
UBL is an unlisted entity. HUL annual report lists large assets in bangladesh YOY. To top it off I have had erstwhile relationship with HUL.
There was a huge buyback worth $5 B+ some months ago around 15 %. It is 67.26 to be precise.
Banks and financial institutions in India.
Bangladesh is one of the handful of countries where the govt. has a direct stake in Unilever 's subsidiary.
The equity sharing is very weird for an FMCG... Imho

UBL is an unlisted entity. HUL annual report lists large assets in bangladesh YOY. To top it off I have had erstwhile relationship with HUL.
There was a huge buyback worth $5 B+ some months ago around 15 %. It is 67.26 to be precise.
Banks and financial institutions in India.
Bangladesh is one of the handful of countries where the govt. has a direct stake in Unilever 's subsidiary.
The equity sharing is very weird for an FMCG... Imho

You are great Soms. I am quite surprised actually. @Anubis pretends that he knows everything but he doesn't know that Hindustan Unilever owns UBL. He himself uses Hindustan Unilever products.

@Soms....the assets in BD....are those owned by UL or HUL??And please provide a link to the reports.....Whenever I google Hindustan unilever Bangladesh all I get is a guy who served in four or five unilevers.....no mention BD in any of HUL's resources!

@Soms....the assets in BD....are those owned by UL or HUL??And please provide a link to the reports.....Whenever I google Hindustan unilever Bangladesh all I get is a guy who served in four or five unilevers.....no mention BD in any of HUL's resources!
Sala shudhu shudhu kaaj barachis!
Amake annual report gulo bar korte de...janie debo.

Let me make things clear.

Unilever owns majority stake in HUL.
By virtue of ownership of HUL, anything HUL owns in UBL is Unilever's.
Since there is 50% +equity share in almost 98% of Unilever's global subsidiaries, everything is owned by Unilever PLC :-)

However unlike Bangladesh, GOI doesn't have any control over HUL, since Govt. banks are not big shareholders.
The common people of India do own a lot of shares. Even I do:victory:

You are great Soms. I am quite surprised actually. @Anubis pretends that he knows everything but he doesn't know that Hindustan Unilever owns UBL. He himself uses Hindustan Unilever products.
Bhai...he has his views, I respect it. At least he respects mine and doesn't call me a illegal embezzler planning to destroy BD with deceptive propoganda working for RAW and not staying in BD:woot:

Vivek Anand | Management Committee | Unilever

not controlled by HUL officially... but am sure BUL has very close contacts with HUL

You don't get it. India is only staying together because it is so poor and the masses are illiterate and know no better. As people in India slowly start getting more literate they will start to question the anomaly that is India in the world.

In the subcontinent, the old Pakistan split as the power struggle between the Bengalis and the Punjabis could not be reconciled, .Now the dominant Punjabis hold Pakistan together as they are as numerous as all the other ethnicities put together. India has no dominant ethnic group that can hold the country together.

India is destined to split into many dozens of states in the end.

First, Bangladesh is the poorest country in South-Asia in terms of per-capita and everything else. If India is "So poor" than what is Bangladesh?

Second, those who put religion or ethnicity above nationality have already separated, and those who put their nationality above all other sectoral identities have remained as Indians, we don't need religion or ethnicity to stay together, our national identity as INDIANS is strong enough.

Third, when we look at the conditions of our neighbors at either sides, we get enough inspiration to stay together.

Finally, India is destined to rise as one of the most important, most successful, most vibrant nation in the world, just sit back and watch us rise as one strong, united, & proud nation.

Sala shudhu shudhu kaaj barachis!
Amake annual report gulo bar korte de...janie debo.

Let me make things clear.

Unilever owns majority stake in HUL.
By virtue of ownership of HUL, anything HUL owns in UBL is Unilever's.
Since there is 50% +equity share in almost 98% of Unilever's global subsidiaries, everything is owned by Unilever PLC :-)

However unlike Bangladesh, GOI doesn't have any control over HUL, since Govt. banks are not big shareholders.
The common people of India do own a lot of shares. Even I do:victory:

Bhai...he has his views, I respect it. At least he respects mine and doesn't call me a illegal embezzler planning to destroy BD with deceptive propoganda working for RAW and not staying in BD:woot:
Hmmm.....UBL jodi bd stock exchange e dhuke ora deulia hoe jabe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom