What's new

Bangladesh India’s ‘most important neighbour’

The simple fact that the ease of doing business for Indian businesses in Bangladesh is far greater than that of Bangladeshi businesses doing business in India.

The reason for that difficulty for Bangladeshi businesses is because it is placed in India's list of countries with terrorism risks along with Pakistan.

Though, that is not to say that it is impossible for Bangladeshi businesses to set up production or service facilities and distribution channels in India. It is simply more time-consuming and potentially more expensive for them relative to Indian businesses in Bangladesh. Even for Bangladeshi private airlines wanting to set up operations in India.

And I know this for a fact since I have dealt with Indian agents in the corporate world.

I never said that India should compromise on its security, but do at least offer Bangladeshi businesses more ease of doing business in India.

Let's not handle things with gloves on :no:

Which particular law or rule? I need references before I as a citizen can express my opinion to my lawmaker, no?

Which particular law or rule? I need references before I as a citizen can express my opinion to my lawmaker, no?

Indians are not known particularly as law abiding people. There are unwritten laws by which Indian authorities stop BD businesses to make an entry into Indian market. I do not think this unwritten law has been codified yet. So, there is no Clause Nos.

Indians are not known particularly as law abiding people. There are unwritten laws by which Indian authorities stop BD businesses to make an entry into Indian market. I do not think this unwritten law has been codified yet. So, there is no Clause Nos.

Bangladeshis are not known to be particularly logical people, so your reply does not surprise me.

When you can't provide data and make a constructive contribution, make generalisations and weird claims. Case closed as far as I am concerned. Keep repeating your propaganda though, you guys don't have much else.

The simple fact that the ease of doing business for Indian businesses in Bangladesh is far greater than that of Bangladeshi businesses doing business in India.

The reason for that difficulty for Bangladeshi businesses is because it is placed in India's list of countries with terrorism risks along with Pakistan.

Though, that is not to say that it is impossible for Bangladeshi businesses to set up production or service facilities and distribution channels in India. It is simply more time-consuming and potentially more expensive for them relative to Indian businesses in Bangladesh. Even for Bangladeshi private airlines wanting to set up operations in India.

And I know this for a fact since I have dealt with Indian agents in the corporate world.

I never said that India should compromise on its security, but do at least offer Bangladeshi businesses more ease of doing business in India.

Let's not handle things with gloves on :no:

Where did you find this list?

And FYI, Bangladesh's airlines cannot operate in India not because of obstacles, but because Indian airlines themselves have been operating at losses to retain market share for over a decade. I know only SpiceJet's low cost operations in India are profitable. Rest all are bleeding. You should read about Sahara Airlines, more recently Kingfisher airlines and a bunch of smaller airlines which shutdown or sold out their operations.

Can you give some info as to how BD is being discriminated against in India?

BD conducts business through benapol /petrapol boarder.where everything is (paperwork/permission/checking/customs)done in the same area.but India has custom/permission division in shilong.BD clears consignment till 7 in the evening.India close down at 5pm.there are no shade and security in Indian side of the cargo clearance section so all products get wasted in the rainy season. BSF is known to harass and assault business man and CNF agent of BD and detain them without cause.without prior notice any cargo can be ceased.once out have the papers they still can reopen and kill valuable time.These are some of other facts about doing business with India.to days Prothom Alo.

Back
Top Bottom