What's new

Bangladesh - India Relationship: Challenges for Progressive Politics

Why are you being nasty? This was wholly uncalled for. She has nothing to do with the discussion.

Just wanted to say that NOT every women who wears a bindi or dresses up in Saree is an 'Indian nationalist'.

Not mine. :cray:

Who wants to be seen as a pontificating old fart without a sense of humour?

Erm.....'the mighty Joe Shearer'? What's that about?

Well if it helps, I felt like a fool for you to quote my comment before the edit. :D

Jst wanted to say that every women who wears a Bindi or dresses up in Saree is an 'Indian nationalist'.

As it happens, this woman is one. She is also half-Bengali, and is steeped in Bengali culture, as were her sisters. I really didn't get the point, but since from your language, you were not making a spiteful remark, but were being sarcastic about her - mistakenly so, if I might add - I would rather drop the subject.

It did feel not right, however.

I though communist were against the very principle of nationalism. I'm from Kerala BTW.

They are, but nobody's looking at textbook definitions. Here it sounds as if the lady is being held up as a typical hiding behind the bushes anti-nationalist, and I happen to know that she is not that sort.

Let's move on.

PS: Her abominated step-mother was from Kerala, too, Susheela Mathai, the sister of Rear Admiral Kuruvilla of Karachi Harbour attack fame. Doesn't seem to have made too negative an impression about other people from Kerala, though.

Last edited:
I used to think that "Progressive" meant "educated" and "secular" in the modern sense in Bangladesh like everywhere else.
Then I realized that in the Bangladesh context it means "Wannabe Kolkata Aantel (intellectual)", i.e. "Chetona subscriber", or if you want to be really direct - "Indian lackey".
Mostly these people pervade our entertainment/advertising/political spheres.
These people will have no issues if Bangladesh turns into a province of India, in fact they support the idea.
I have met and interacted with some of these folks (supposedly Dhoti-clad Muslims), and the intellectual exchanges were eye-openers to say the least.
I want to re-inforce the fact here that I have no personal issues with these folks, just the 'Deshdrohi' ideas that they are feeding our gullible semi-educated populace about Bangladesh-India-relationship, which of course favors India.Some examples,
Ferdausi, Tropa and Ramendu Majumdar (Ferdausi is supposedly a Muslim woman whose faculties are not stable it seems, with Sindur, Tilak etc.)
images.aspx

Please observe Ramendu's 'Baller' attitude above....

1475075889.jpg

Ali Zaker - he spends more time India (mostly Kolkata) as lackey's of Indian businesses and promoting Indian products on our shores than anyone through his advertising firm. The uninitiated would tend to think that Indian govt. may have given him some kind of mandate for this, worth about fifteen billion dollars of Indian FMCG products (fast moving consumer goods) within Bangladesh in favor of India every year.

Khushi-Kabir.jpg

Khushi Kabir (if that dot got any bigger, it would cover her whole forehead - children can you say 'Nutball'?)
WEB_Sultana-Kamal_Nashirul-Islam_Edited_02.06.2017-1024x606.jpg

Sultana Kamal is a Bangladeshi lawyer and 'supposed' human rights activist. Daughter of Sufia Kamal (poet), and trained by the famous leftist Leela Nagh, she married Supriyo Chakrabarti and has been a lifelong 'Chetona' activist. In 2014 she led a, "Call against land acquisition for army installations". Another India-appeaser Nutball.

These senior 'Ekattor-er Chetona' promoters have done serious harm to our national interest, as they are essentially resident Indian agents promoting anti-Bangladesh ideas.
SYNONYMS
1. Modern, liberal, advanced, forward-looking, forward-thinking, go-ahead, enlightened, enterprising, innovative, up-and-coming, new, dynamic, avant-garde, modernistic, disruptive

2. Radical, left-wing, reforming, reformist, revolutionary, revisionist, progressivist

Progressive Minded people, are defined falls in the above two categories, I was referring to the 2nd one or the Economic reformist ones only.

The few ones you have referred to or "Atals ,Chotanajibis,Shahbagis,etc., are a deranged bunch of Ghotis, the list in fact is much longer indeed, than the ones you have mentioned are just the tip a of an iceberg. These nastiks or Atheists have never been taken into cognizance by me, neither do I have any grudge against, them nor do I indulge myself with these groups.

The cultural invasion of the print/electronic media, educational institutions,etc, was firmly established during 1971, starting right from "Swadin Bangla Betar Kenrdo",in Calcutta.

Post 71, in recent years, these groups have become hyperactive, in every sphere of our society,and are presently embedded in each and every sector.
Hope this post of mine clarifies all your doubts.:-):-):-)

Last edited:
SYNONYMS
1. Modern, liberal, advanced, forward-looking, forward-thinking, go-ahead, enlightened, enterprising, innovative, up-and-coming, new, dynamic, avant-garde, modernistic, disruptive

2. Radical, left-wing, reforming, reformist, revolutionary, revisionist, progressivist

Progressive Minded people, are defined falls in the above two categories, I was referring to the 2nd one or the Economic reformist ones only.

The few ones you have referred to or "Atals ,Chotanajibis,Shahbagis,etc., are a deranged bunch of Ghotis, the list in fact is much longer indeed, than the ones you have mentioned are just the tip a of an iceberg. These nastiks or Atheists have never been taken into cognizance by me, neither do I have any grudge against, them nor do I indulge myself with these groups.

The cultural invasion of the print/electronic media, educational institutions,etc, was firmly established during 1971, starting right from "Swadin Bangla Betar Kenrdo",in Calcutta.

Post 71, in recent years, these groups have become hyperactive, in every sphere of our society,and are presently embedded in each and every sector.
Hope this post of mine clarifies all your doubts.:-):-):-)

I get your drift Sir - completely. :agree:

What I was also saying - is that, in the name of pushing their own twisted brand of Kolkata progressive 'Atel' cultural ideas (some of them unproductive marxist ideas) these Ghotis have caused unfathomable damage to a section of our national psyche and set it back at least a couple of decades behind even effed up Indian standards, when it should have ideally developed (like you mentioned) as a modernistic, practical, inclusive, enlightened, enterprising, innovative Muslim democracy like, say - in Malaysia.

Malaysian democracy is not of course ideal - they have their own set of corruption and other issues, but they have demonstrated that you can have a highly industrialized, practical, wealthy nation that has a successful Muslim leadership that competes regionally very well having second world if not first world living standards in spite of letting Islamic modernity having a central place in society.

Is there not a single intelligent or well-read Bangladeshi? Have you heard of the Owl of Athena?

I am sorry that I could not get up to your self-prescribed 'Aatel' standards.

With all due respect - what most working people in Bangladesh need right now (instead of reading about not-so-useful aatel tidbits about the Owl of Athena),

1. How to sew clothes better so they can export them for raw dollars
2. How to produce small electric items so they can export them for raw dollars
3. How to produce electric motors for practical uses like running industrial sewing machines
4. How to code in Java and other recent languages like PHP and Ruby on Rails - so they can export software for raw dollars

Those are skills needed to export value-added items that are marketable by Bangladesh.

No one is looking for (or will pay good money for) aatel skills that the 'Chetona crowd' specializes in.

The Owl of Athena is not relevant in Bangladesh context, the Ghoti wannabes here use the Bengali Hindu 'Lokkhi-Pecha' symbol (Lakshmi's Owl) to unite 'Ekattorer Chetona' crowd. The owl is the 'vehicle' or 'Vahana' for Bengali Goddess Lakshmi.

Here is the symbol in the 'Bengali New Year' celebration.

Pohela%2BBoishakh%2B1421%2BHD%2BWallpaper006.jpg

full-day-tour-of-bengali-new-year-celebration-in-dhaka-in-dhaka-290510.jpg

We don't want to replicate Kolkata Marxist ideals and have bus conductors carry out philosophical conversations about Sartre. Plain living and high thinking does not work out too well in Bangladesh or anywhere else for that matter.

I get your drift Sir - completely. :agree:

What I was also saying - is that, in the name of pushing their own twisted brand of Kolkata progressive 'Atel' cultural ideas (some of them unproductive marxist ideas) these Ghotis have caused unfathomable damage to a section of our national psyche and set it back at least a couple of decades behind even effed up Indian standards, when it should have ideally developed (like you mentioned) as a modernistic, practical, inclusive, enlightened, enterprising, innovative Muslim democracy like, say - in Malaysia.

Malaysian democracy is not of course ideal - they have their own set of corruption and other issues, but they have demonstrated that you can have a highly industrialized, practical, wealthy nation that has a successful Muslim leadership that competes regionally very well having second world if not first world living standards in spite of letting Islamic modernity having a central place in society.

I am sorry that I could not get up to your self-prescribed 'Aatel' standards.

With all due respect - what most working people in Bangladesh need right now (instead of reading about not-so-useful aatel tidbits about the Owl of Athena),

1. How to sew clothes better so they can export them for raw dollars
2. How to produce small electric items so they can export them for raw dollars
3. How to produce electric motors for practical uses like running industrial sewing machines
4. How to code in Java and other recent languages like PHP and Ruby on Rails - so they can export software for raw dollars

Those are skills needed to export value-added items that are marketable by Bangladesh.

No one is looking for (or will pay good money for) aatel skills that the 'Chetona crowd' specializes in.

The Owl of Athena is not relevant in Bangladesh context, the Ghoti wannabes here use the Bengali Hindu 'Lokkhi-Pecha' symbol (Lakshmi's Owl) to unite 'Ekattorer Chetona' crowd. The owl is the 'vehicle' or 'Vahana' for Bengali Goddess Lakshmi.

Here is the symbol in the 'Bengali New Year' celebration.

Pohela%2BBoishakh%2B1421%2BHD%2BWallpaper006.jpg

full-day-tour-of-bengali-new-year-celebration-in-dhaka-in-dhaka-290510.jpg

We don't want to replicate Kolkata Marxist ideals and have bus conductors carry out philosophical conversations about Sartre. Plain living and high thinking does not work out too well in Bangladesh or anywhere else for that matter.

Since we are talking about what Bangladesh needs and does not need, it does not need disruptive influences like you, always looking back at a paradise lost and a present that has been secured by others with greater communications skills and - dare I say it? - a more relevant message than your constant obsession with the possibility of domination by your neighbours.

Once you get over your massive inferiority complexes, you can get on with your lives. Until then, stop pontificating on a defence platform on what must be done, and do something practical in daily life to achieve those same goals.

Since we are talking about what Bangladesh needs and does not need, it does not need disruptive influences like you, always looking back at a paradise lost and a present that has been secured by others with greater communications skills and - dare I say it? - a more relevant message than your constant obsession with the possibility of domination by your neighbours.

Once you get over your massive inferiority complexes, you can get on with your lives. Until then, stop pontificating on a defence platform on what must be done, and do something practical in daily life to achieve those same goals.

Ouch.

Go to the corner naughty boy.

No more hilsa for you.

You are maintaining strict radio silence on WhatsApp per mutual friend.

Cheers, Doc

Ouch.

Go to the corner naughty boy.

No more hilsa for you.

You are maintaining strict radio silence on WhatsApp per mutual friend.

Cheers, Doc

No, not at all, I have been trying him, as a matter of fact, to wheedle your number out of him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disruption and relevancy according to who Dada?

Like Marxists who have disrupted and run down Kolkata to the point where people are fleeing Kolkata for other places in India in droves, both for jobs and for quality of life?

Does Singur/Tata ring a bell?

Is that going to be our ideal in Bangladesh?

Obviously the leadership in Kolkata must not be very good Marxists if they don't care about people having three square meals a day, but in Bangladesh we do. You see - practical people in Bangladesh don't really care about lazy aantels from Kolkata spewing lofty theories. People in Bangladesh have already decided to dump those false theories by the wayside to choose what Taiwan, Korea and China already chose as far as export-led growth and development. Hollow theories don't feed empty stomachs.

লম্বা লম্বা বুলি কপচালেই তো আর হবেনা, পেটে কিছু দিতে হবে.

Most Bangladeshis feel that their country is not inferior compared to India. They have largely seen India more or less.

And I don't realize who gave you the right to ask me to stop doing anything on this forum - given of course that I abide by forum rules.

Shutting down dissent smacks of another concept - totalitarianism. :-)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom