What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

If I am not wrong, this stmt of Pranab M. was bf4 25feb...I may be wrong here....also....don't u think he issue warning who r destablizing BD...he infact as FM of india want stable BD.

As for gr8 game...i guess there is nothing can be done...in todays world...2or3 superpowers are using other countries as pawn....And not India is not one of them

tx

No. You are perhaps wrong about timing.

At the same meeting, Pranab also talked about the attack on the Lankan cricket team ---reports OutlookIndia.com in the same article. See for yourself : The Hidden Emirate Of Anarchistan : outlookindia.com

But, on which right, FM Pranab can ignore Bangladesh Armed Forces’ presence or capability, and suggest “Direct Intervention” ? Is not that aunt is appearing more loveable than mom ?

As for Great Game---do you think there is any near/distant possibility that Super Powers will lure India to become a false Captain in South & near-Mid East Asia---actually to war with Pakistan and I/Militants in Pak & Afghan and hegemony w/ SAARC countries, thus stripping of your all achievents in the process, and finally bringing back India again to Square 1 ?

Maybe in such later days--if at all come---Bangladesh & other smaller SAARC states will remain relatively less scratched to have the last laugh? A Poetic Justice ??

Last edited:
No. You are perhaps wrong about timing.

At the same meeting, Pranab also talked about the attack on the Lankan cricket team ---reports OutlookIndia.com in the same article. See for yourself : The Hidden Emirate Of Anarchistan : outlookindia.com

But, on which right, FM Pranab can ignore Bangladesh Armed Forces’ presence or capability, and suggest “Direct Intervention” ? Is not that aunt is appearing more loveable than mom ?

I can understand and respect when U says that BD-AF are capable but as U have refered gr8 game....you will not now who U have to fight....case in pt...current BDR incident....we r still not sure who is behind this...

But again I don't think India would have crossed the IB without the req from BD PM otherwise this will be simply wrong action by India

tx

I agree with you. We should remain alert on all sides till truth is revealed, and appropraite action taken.

Would you throw more light on the "appointment" event ?

He won an award in Israel,so he had to go there to take it,which in turn is a crime in Bangladesh as we do not recognise Israel.Moreover the content of his writing also had an hand for his "appointment".He was probably charged with treason.

That's all I know.May be Mr.Munshi could give you a better reply in this regard.

Nothing to be puzzled. Recently RAW and Mossad did have differences in BD.

The agents of both the agencies had been at each others' throats in BD.

Yes I heard that a group of Israelis under disguise of muslim leaders of tableeg was not allowed to enter Bangladesh from India.They are alleged to be from MOSSAD.It seems they did not have proper co operation with RAW.They were sent back by Indian law enforcers from Kolkata as far as I remember.

Brother Straight,

My intention is not to insult our arm force as it is a potential one but perhaps you are duped by Bdmil.com type of ultra nationalist’s glorification and don't realize that how insignificant/Peps quake of our arm force's might is compare to India's one. Please don't take it as an insult but truth needs to be told as it would only set us free. We can fool ourselves as much as we want but can't a clever Indian like Pranab though since he knows the nucleus of our weakness, thanks.

Yes I heard that a group of Israelis under disguise of muslim leaders of tableeg was not allowed to enter Bangladesh from India.They are alleged to be from MOSSAD.It seems they did not have proper co operation with RAW.They were sent back by Indian law enforcers from Kolkata as far as I remember.
I could vouch that the Tableagui story is true as it had appeared in many news papers but RAW's disagreement with MOSSAD in regards BD could actually be having conflicting interests. BTW, being a Tabligui (But non-comittal to its mission now), I want to reveal that it is facile to infiltrate in its rank, which could be very dangerous for BD.

We can fool ourselves as much as we want but can't a clever Indian like Pranab though since he knows the nucleus of our weakness, thanks.

No one claims our armed forces is better than India,its not possible,it never will be.Even we spend all our money on defence it will take 20 years to get to their size.But the question is how much damage can it inflict upon our enemy,if it attacks our beloved country.Our armed force is not aggressive but defensive.People just need to use their sense to understand the difference between the two.

Even Bdmil does not claim our armed forces are better than India's.Maybe in some aspects our armed forces are on par and even better than Indian force but that just because of the training they receive.As far as "hardwares" are concerned,India is 100 miles in front of us.

I could vouch that the Tableagui story is true as it had appeared in many news papers but RAW's disagreement with MOSSAD in regards BD could actually be having conflicting interests. BTW, being a Tabligui (But non-comittal to its mission now), I want to reveal that it is facile to infiltrate in its rank, which could be very dangerous for BD.

Yes it is very easy to infiltrate that way and MOSSAD is very successful regarding this in the Middle eastern countries.Probably they already infiltrated Bangladesh.

@bull

I am afraid I have to say your questions are begging information way in junior league when we have posted information and analysis from much high from premier league.

Although, most of your questions answered by analysis and post already you have lot to catch up.

But start with the premise that root of the contention here is that Indian doctrine and its hegemonic interest advocate control and interference in Bangladesh social, political, economic, defense and all most all other elements of Bangladesh independence and sovereignty. While Bangladesh and majority of its people do not accept Indian design and interferences as no self respecting nation can accept that either. India and most Indians on the other hand see Indian controlling interest as legitimate doctrine as part of aspiration for greater India.

Brother Straight,

My intention is not to insult our arm force as it is a potential one but perhaps you are duped by Bdmil.com type of ultra nationalist’s glorification and don't realize that how insignificant/Peps quake of our arm force's might is compare to India's one. Please don't take it as an insult but truth needs to be told as it would only set us free. We can fool ourselves as much as we want but can't a clever Indian like Pranab though since he knows the nucleus of our weakness, thanks.

'Qustion of right' I raised to ask to indicate any possibility of hegemony by way of such statement (by Pranab) and elaboration (by OutlookIndia). I am not under any false impression that BA is stronger---in terms of size/equipent---than IA, nor I am referring to some expert's view: BA's in-house training, morality and performance in UN duty have showed superiority over many Armies of the world including India. These are not premises of my point.

You too as Muslim know very well that Army of Islam facing Romans & Persians in those days were much inferior in terms of size/equipment even training. They won on the strength of their Islamic virtues & morality---that always ensured them Allah's help.

But, in present days, most wars (or even many so-called jihads) are based on size/equipment/training. Even, unfortunately so-called Jihadis (forgive me for being outspoken for the sake of truth) are oblivious to their own upliftment in moral aspects of Islam and 'personal relationship' with Allah through own rectification and purity of personal Iman and Ikhlas. Personal relationship with Allah grows---as said by Hazrat Abu Bakr---not for scores of extra-good deeds but based on how much he refrains from bad deeds / sins (not in fear of police but for Allah).

Sometimes I wonder : Are Jihadis practicing enough before or during or after Jihad, or just playing a deadly killing false game of Jihad for very excitement of it using the name of Islam---for (or not) the worldly benefit of himself or other bigger political beneficiaries ? Is it for that reason Jihadis are losing---in Phillipines, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Palestine--to stronger parties---interestingly though it appears like winning & spreading further because more jihadis are sprouting & joining than those are disappearing. One needs to scan each event of claimed jihad under microscope of Islam to know whether it is 'real' or fake. Sorry, I veered away from the topic, and not sure whether you or any agrees with my above view.

Back to the point : Question is if Indian FM says like that---with no respect for others' right---and still any member of this forum comes forward with support; then I will at least know whose future comments are worth of elightening/educating, full of trust/resourcefulness etc. for me & others.

@bull

I am afraid I have to say your questions are begging information way in junior league when we have posted information and analysis from much high from premier league.

Although, most of your questions answered by analysis and post already you have lot to catch up.

But start with the premise that root of the contention here is that Indian doctrine and its hegemonic interest advocate control and interference in Bangladesh social, political, economic, defense and all most all other elements of Bangladesh independence and sovereignty. While Bangladesh and majority of its people do not accept Indian design and interferences as no self respecting nation can accept that either. India and most Indians on the other hand see Indian controlling interest as legitimate doctrine as part of aspiration for greater India.

Nicely said...idune. May I add that we, Bangladeshi--come accross 2 Categories of Hegemony from Indians:

1st Category : from certain Officials : Their view seems "We are bigger, We are stronger"---like the Wolf against the Lamb in Aesop's Fable.

2nd Category : both from certain officials and certain citizens: As if they want to say " We gave you arms & refugee-shelter during your freedom struggle. What did you give us in return ?" When we reply : "Why! we gave the best thing you had longing for : A broken Pakistan " They don't feel impressed or staisfied but go on posing: "Not enough. Pay something yet right now".

Last edited:
FBI urged to check local, foreign links
8-member 2nd FBI team in town
The Daily Star Report : 19-3-09

The government has sought assistance from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in finding out local and foreign links to the February 25-26 massacre at the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) headquarters in the capital.
“The second FBI team has arrived. We have sought their help to find out the local and international connections to the BDR carnage,” Commerce Minister Faruk Khan, who is coordinating the mutiny probes, said yesterday.

At one hand BAL Govt. is inviting FBI and on the other hand it is alleged lately that the military's own investigation team was denied from having access to converse with three particular ministers who had entered the BDR compound during the mutiny [See Holiday / 13th March 09 : M. Shahidul Islam]

Does it smell allright ? Not any thing fishy, yet ?

Last edited:
Intelligence agencies deny link of JMB to BDR carnage

we have no information or evidence which indicate the connection with banned militant outfit Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) or that of extremists inside the country.

f6ed33cbca811fc771d4a9a2cb9887ef.jpg

Wednesday March 18 2009 23:24:02 PM BDT

Mamunur Rashid

Intelligence agencies have found no link of militant organisations to last month's mutiny at the BDR headquarters on February 25- 26 that left 74 army officers dead.(The New Nation )

Some 900 members of BDR have so far been arrested in connection with the massacre and alleged involvement in looting inside the headquarters during the two fateful days.

Investigators have reportedly found direct involvement of 650 members of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) in the carnage. Most of them are in sub jail at Peelkhana BDR headquarters.

Members of Operation Rebel Hunt have so far rounded up 222 BDR personnel.

Police said most of them did not resume duties and violated the government order. They were being quizzed at the camp of Operation Rebel Hunt in different districts.

Law enforcement agencies have further geared up their operations in the Sundarbans on the information that some fugitive BDR men have joined notorious groups of pirates with arms they looted from Peelkhana.

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID)A on Monday produced 19 BDR jawans before a Metropolitan court in the capital seeking another five-day remand for each.

Of them two BDR personnel were in Task Force Interrogation Cell.

Intelligences agencies said they already interrogated more than 50 BDR personnel who were directly involved in the mutiny.

But we have no information or evidence which indicate the connection with banned militant outfit Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) or that of extremists inside the country with the Taliban militants in Afghanistan. The remanded of ringleader of the BDR mutiny Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) Syed Towhidul Alam and his four others colleague DAD Mohammad Abdur Rahim, Habilder Azad Ali, Nayek Mohammad Firoj Ahmed, Jawan Mohammad Zakir Hossain and cook Amirul Islam ended seven days ago.

Meanwhile, Commerce Minister Faruk Khan, who is coordinating the high-powered probe into the incident, said yesterday that militants had used the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) soldiers to make happen the carnage on February 25 and 26.

He said the government would pass necessary amendments to laws, if needed, to fight militancy and to try the BDR soldiers who are still on the run.

The ministers told journalist after a seminar at the auditorium of the Engineers Institute in the city.

"There is no need to make a fresh decision to uproot the extremists. Every citizen of Bangladesh wants the extremists to be uprooted. But as we said, this task will be done according to the existing laws. Noting will be done unlawfully," he added.

The minister also said the government has asked the people to remain alert to any possible ill attempts from the BDR soldiers who had fled with grenades and firearms during the mutiny.

Khan said investigation would reveal how such radical militants had been inducted into the BDR.

I wonder what will be crazy faruk's reaction now
????:undecided:

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=252826

Bangladesh government influencing report of BDR Massacre

Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury
March 13, 2009

One of the most influential members of the ruling party as well as Commerce Minister in Bangladesh, Lieutenant Colonel [Retired] Faruk Khan told reporters on Thursday that there were hands of banned Islamist militancy group named Jamaatul Mujahedin Bangladesh [JMB] behind the massacre, that took place inside the headquarters of Bangladesh Riffles [BDR] on February 25 & 26.

He said some of the border troops rounded up for alleged role in the bloody mutiny are found to have connections with JMB, the banned Islamist outfit responsible for terrorist attacks including the near-simultaneous countrywide blasts in 2005.

Faruk, who has lately been tasked with coordinating the probes into February 25-26 bloodbath at Pilkhana, was talking to reporters at his secretariat office around noon.

"We have gathered that a number of BDR jawans arrested in the mutiny case were involved in JMB somehow or other."

This comment from the top figure who has been assigned by the government to coordinate the investigation process is very significant. But at the same time, this comment will surely influence the investigation report, especially of those non-army bodies and more precisely of Criminal Investigation Department [which is controlled by the Home Ministry] in exclusively alleging JMB behind the entire massacre, thus excluding many of the potential culprits who belong to the ruling party as well the opposition quearters.

Yes, Faruk Khan´s statement is partially correct. There was JMB hand behind the massacre, possibly, otherwise, who Colonel Gulzar was killed in the most barbaric manner? Moreover, it is important to note that, Mirza Azam, brother-in-law of JMB kingpin Shaikh Abdur Rahman, who is a whip in the Parliament from the ruling party was evidently having some contact points inside the BDR headquarters, which let him and Jahangir Kabir Nanak in entering the massacred area right on February 25, 2009, when no one else [even members of the press or Red Cross Society] could even approach the area. But, this is only one fraction of the entire conspirators. For, example, Jahangir Kabir Nanak is not connected to JMB. Or, how about Awami League leaders like Abdul Jalil, Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, Liakat Sikder, Hassan Mahmud [now state minister for Foreign Affairs], Bahauddin Nasim, Sajeda Chowdhury [who is now deputy leader of the house], Jahangir Kabir Nanak or BNP leaders like Moudud Ahmed, Mirza Abbas, Nasiruddin Pintu, Shah Abdhul Hannan, Salauddin Quader Chowdhury, Khandekar Delwar Hossain etc., who had been demanding ´stern action´ against army officers? Their body language in a number of television talk-shows were sufficiently vindictive.

Now, let us also examine some of the comments by the Commerce Minister, Lt. Colonel [Retired] Faruk Khan on the massacre:

He said, "Some links of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh [to the rebellion] have been found, it will be cleared once the investigation is completed."

Here is the question! If the matter is still under investigation, why the minister belonging to the ruling party felt extra-zealed in disclosing portional facts of the investigation? Just to give an impression that his party had no hands behind this notorious murders and brutalities?

Why Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Mirza Azam and the Home Minister Sahara Khatun should not be interrogated by the army investigation team as to why they allowed the 14-member team of the killers to enter the residence of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for a close-door meeting without registering their names and designations in the register book? Who helped these men in keeping their identities suppressed?

Why the government sent Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Mirza Azam to handle this extremely important case, while they had many other senior leaders like Tofael Ahmed, Suranjit Sen Gupta or even Syed Ashraful Islam? There are evidences that Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Azam were active during October 2006 broad-day-light murder of people on the streets of Dhaka in the name of political agitation. Some of the government leaders try to justify saying both Nanak and Azam were ´courageous peope´ and ´experienced in tacking such situation´. What kind of experience do they have? Experience to instigate and provoke?

The entire nation is willing to see a very neutral investigation into the murders and brutalities inside the BDR headquarters during February 25 and 26. Killers and conspirators, whoever they may be, should be brought into book and accorded stern punishment. Any influenced investigation will bring virtually no result in this case. Members of each of the investigation teams should remember this point for the sake of their own image and credibility. There is no room for anyone to show minimum sympathy to the killers and their instigators and patrons.

There is another bad news already by now centering the BDR massacre. A leader of the ruling party has already been arrested for his involvement behind this massacre. It is learnt that a significant volume of arms, ammunitions and grenades were already smuggled out of the BDR headquarters by the fleeing jawans of the Bangladesh Riffles. It is even reported that, some of the pro-ruling party terrorists are already possessing such arms, ammunitions and grenades and even some of them are already trading in such looted items. Investigators should also keep close-eyes on this matter.

And, finally a small scoop. A Captain of Bangladesh Army was murdered inside a residential hotel owned by an Awami League leader in the city. This murder mystery is yet to be unearthed by the members of the law enforcing agencies. Since February 25, 2009, we are witnessing death of several army officers in Bangladesh from BDR massacre to hotel murder to helicopter mystery. Each of the incidents should be properly investigated for the sake of independence and sovereignty of this nation. No one should be accorded minimum opportunity of playing foul with the patriotic members of our armed forces. This is a noble responsibility to each of the patriotic citizen of Bangladesh.

American Chronicle | Bangladesh government influencing report of BDR Massacre

Back
Top Bottom