What's new

Bangladesh fish export ban hits Tripura

Hilsha spawns in rivers. They live in the sea but returns to freshwaters to spawn. Fishing of hilsha takes place in rivers not the sea.

Reduced rivers and increased salinity impacts their ability to spawn and dams prevent them access to their spawing grounds.

The environmental degradation of rivers and human intervention is impacting hilsha yield.
Do you have any data to show the impact of damming. Is bangladesh not guaranteed certain amount of water?

Do you have any data to show the impact of damming. Is bangladesh not guaranteed certain amount of water?

This is nothing to do with India and Bangladesh. Human habitation is impacting the natural balance and Eco system. Damming is unnatural and is impacting all fish. Irrigation takes away water which increases salinity which also impacts water quality and their natural environment.

Guaranted water is human thing between India and Bangladesh. This has little to do with the ecosystem and impact on fish.

Human habitation is the cause of reduced fish production. Remedial steps are being taken but fish production is down do a simple internet search dude.

Hilsha ia a nonesense fish. It's overprice and over hype. This damn fish is full of small bone. It almost choke me death once. Hell with Hilsah. You guys can have it for free.

Haha I feel for you. I had to visit the doc to remove this damn piece of bone stuck in my throat. Stupid Hilsha!

Haha I feel for you. I had to visit the doc to remove this damn piece of bone stuck in my throat. Stupid Hilsha!

fish bones struct in gums number of times, so I refrain from chewing soft fish bones.

River Ilish is tastier than Sea ilish! Why is that like this?? Then again Padma ilish tastes better than Meghna Yamuna! Why ?

You guys should try boneless hilsa in Oh Calcutta which has branches in all major cities in India. The reasturant is bit costly but worth every poisa.

The bones in fish is what separates men from the boys.

Come on guys, you'll on a defense forum, scared of little fish bones!!

Hilsa is for people who genuinely love fish. You love Hilsa for its strong smell and also many first timers won't like it for the same reason. I love Hilsa but my favorite fish is Chital.

DSCF6892+copy.jpg

Lakh Lanat on you for blaming the poor Ilish mach.A bengali can put the whole ilish peti in his mouth and pick out each bone/kanta one by one!
heheheh
Anyways i always swallow a bunch of rice when face this situation.Always does the trick!

Picking off fish bones increases dexterity. That's why Bongos are smart :D

Lakh Lanat on you for blaming the poor Ilish mach.A bengali can put the whole ilish peti in his mouth and pick out each bone/kanta one by one!
heheheh
Anyways i always swallow a bunch of rice when face this situation.Always does the trick!

The only time I visit Homeopath doctor to get rid of fish bones. Few drops of Homeopath does the miracle. How, it still a mystery to me.

The only time I visit Homeopath doctor to get rid of fish bones. Few drops of Homeopath does the miracle. How, it still a mystery to me.
No way. You are kidding. How can homeopathy get rid of fish bones.

^well it does, it melts the fish bones I guess.
Is not homeopathic medicine diluted 1:1000 in water of something, how will that dissolve anything so fast.
@iajdani- how many days it took to get rid of bones?

1. Hilsa is our national fish and a favorite dish at any BD table. GOB must cater for local needs first before exporting this. However, BD should treat NE differently than India in its commercial dealings.

2. This move by GOB may be more to do with the traders in P/bangla end. They are all CPM guys who are under pressure from TMC.

3. It is pertinent to point out the very negative attitude of India in its commercial dealings with BD. Last year making an issue of flood damages of cotton plantations in Pakistan, India hiked up its cotton price to BD. Being used to and dependent on Indian sources our textile sector suffered a loss of B/Tk 5,000.00 Crore only in the last year. This year, urged on by the textile manufacturers, Minister Latif Siddiqi threatened India with raising our jute prices if they did not normalize their cotton costs. India, always receptive to danda, has now brought down textile export costs to normal.

Back
Top Bottom