What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

2027 ? My dude it takes 7 years to build 3 towers lol ?

Honestly I like the KPC design better but again corruption from the government didn't help.

I dont know how long the CBD will take

Seven years is quite normal, they've got to build 39 more 40 storey+ high rises surrounding these three skyscrapers.... They also have to build the underground sewage and electricity network, which is unprecedented in the history of Bangladesh, not to mention road work and other time-consuming processes besides building the towers themselves.

This is only just sector 19, more to come.

Piling work takes time, seven years is very quick, If you ask me, look up how long Burj khalifa took or Makkah clock tower or Tokyo skytree....

Historic largest exports of steel billets to China, Bangladesh has become exporter instead of steel importers

Battery industry overview, cellphone infra, solar power generation and potential electrical vehicle adoption drives local production and exports to new levels.

Upcoming New Integrated Steel Plant in Bangladesh

GPH Ispat Ltd and Primetal Technologies Austria GmBH (a joint venture of Siemens VAI & Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and partners) have signed agreement on 19th January signed an agreement at to establish an integrated steel plant having most sophisticated production facilities which will be first of its kind in Bangladesh as well as in Asia Region.

ReserachDevelopment1.jpg

ReserachDevelopment2.jpg

Production Capacity: The state of the art technology will ensure world class supreme quality products having production facilities including endless continuous casting & rolling for achieving the production of 840,000 MT per annum of liquid steel and out of which 640,000 MT of long products (rebars& sections).

M.S. Billet : 840,000 MT/Year

Rebars and Sections : 640,000 MT/Year

The total production capacity including existing one would be M.S. Billet 1,008,000 MT and Rebars & Sections 760,000 MT.

The state of the art Technology will not only ensure world class products but also reduce the use of power and gas consumption during production. Power consumption would be reduced by 300 KWh/MT and gas consumption would be reduced by 35 Nm3/MT against traditional practices of Bangladesh.

The new technology would also help to save foreign currency by importing HMS as raw materials instead of importing MS Billets, H-Beam, I Beam etc.

Ensuring of high quality products:
The State-of-the-Art Technology with highest level of automation, precision, and engineering would ensure world-class products. This upcoming Integrated Steel Plant incorporating Melting,Refining, Casting and Rerolling facilities in one go that would be first in Bangladesh as well as in the Asian region. Products would be Reinforced Bars and structural Sections whose quality would confirm various national and international Standards Specifications covering chemical, physical, mechanical, and metallurgical properties.

Highly sophisticated Quality Control Laboratories with stringent QC practices would ensure all sorts of testing facilities of physical, chemical, mechanical and metallurgical properties of on-process and finished products. The company is committed to assure excellent and unparallel quality products in the National and International Markets.

The production process would ensure huge savings with the finished products compared to conventional and existing industries in the arena.

Competitive price:
This project would ensure lower price compared to that of competitors due to lowest operational cost such as:

Saving in power consumptions : 300 kwh/T compared to induction furnace route

Saving in Gas consumptions : 35 M3/T compared to conventional rolling process.

Savings in yield loss on finished products: 2% Max.

Savings in material handling & Transportation cost: 0.2%

By the saving from Power and Gas the society will be benefitted by getting high quality products with competitive prices.

Foreign Currency Savings:
Normally international price difference between billets and scrap is about $150/MT and price difference between Section Steels ( H-beams, I beam etc.) and HMS is about USD 300/MT.

Total FC savings from using HMS as raw material instead of importing MS billet and Section Steel would be 130 Million USD EACH YEAR. This savings will help the country to enrich FC reserve.

Savings in Power:
This project would reduce power consumption by 300KWh/MT against existing steel production practices of Bangladesh, which will save power consumption of 227 Million KWh per year which will make the society benefitted.

Saving in Gas:
The project would reduce natural gas consumption about 35 m3/MT against existing steel production practices in Bangladesh, which will save 17 Million NM3 Natural Gases each year.

Employment opportunity:
There will be an employment opportunity of about 10000 Bangladeshi Workforce, of whose 1050 people will work directly, and about 8950 will work indirectly.

It would help society to get employment resulting reduction of unemployment and poverty of the country.

Emission Control :

1. 5 mg/cubic meter of carbon emission to atmosphere after de-dusting which is 90% less compare to WB (50mg/m3).
  2. Plant will ensure the following level of environmental parameter:
Using this technology, carbon emission will be 90% less than the World Bank’s prescribed limit and 96% less than the Bangladesh Standards’ recommendedlimit. Reduce Suspended Particulate Matters (SPM) of Flue Gases by 60% against Bangladesh standards. The existing contemporary practice has a tendency of violating the standards. But GPH will not only confirm but also keep lesser values of SPM that has been recommended. There would be water treatment facilities with no effluent and Zero discharge technology. It means that waste water would not come out from the plant and all waste water would be recycled inside the plant. As a result the Natural Environment would not be affected.

Specific Area of Differentiation with existing plants in our country:
  • The State-Of-The-Art Technology will require less than 2 hrs Time for production of finished product from raw materials in one go process.
  • No re-heating Furnace required as it is integrated continuous one go process. As a result no usages of Natural Gas for Re-heating the billets. In the continuous process billet with required temperature goes directly into the Re-rolling mills.
  • Wider range of products: Rebars of various sizes and Structural Sections like Channel, Angle, I-Beam, H-Beam, IPE, IPN, Flat bar would be produced in the same production unit.
  • Lower cost of production, including lower yield losses.
  • Lower Billet inventory due to production of finished product in the one go continuous Winlink process.
  • Stabilization of Electrical Power during operation of the plant minimizing flickers and harmonics through Static VarController(SVC), which will never disturb the Nation Power Grids.
  • Highest mill utilization with efficiency and better productivity.
Contribution to National Exchequer:
The project would contribute Tk. 245 Cr every year to National exchequer by means of corporate Tax, VAT, and Custom Duty, etc.. This will ensure significant contribution to the GDP that will support development of Bangladesh.

Skill Development:
For development of expertise of the employees, adequate domestic and foreign trainings would be conducted by the national and international experts. The trained employees would enrich human resources of Steel Sector in Bangladesh with skill, expertise and experiences.

Seven years is quite normal, they've got to build 39 more 40 storey+ high rises surrounding these three skyscrapers.... They also have to build the underground sewage and electricity network, which is unprecedented in the history of Bangladesh, not to mention road work and other time-consuming processes besides building the towers themselves.

This is only just sector 19, more to come.

Piling work takes time, seven years is very quick, If you ask me, look up how long Burj khalifa took or Makkah clock tower or Tokyo skytree....

I guess you're right , I'm just hoping to God that nothing hinders or stalls this project.

You have seen how long this MRT line 6 is taking

What do you guys think of the prospect of reaching (and sustaining) double digit GDP growth?

What do you guys think of the prospect of reaching (and sustaining) double digit GDP growth?

Possible but highly improbable given our weak and untimely policymaking process.

Our government is not proactive, that's their #1 issue.

They don't see a problem until it slaps them on the face.

Possible but highly improbable given our weak and untimely policymaking process.

Our government is not proactive, that's their #1 issue.

They don't see a problem until it slaps them on the face.

Apparently they have set a goal to realize it soon, but seems like empty talk.

Apparently they have set a goal to realize it soon, but seems like empty talk.

10% is possible, like bare minimum double digit, don't hope for anything above 12% and this is hypothetical, all the variables must be just right for that to happen, which they won't.

Still, I will take sustainable growth over anything else, 6%+ for another two decades is the way to go.

Well guys I think one of the nuclear generators have arrived in Bangladesh from Russia in Mongla Port.

Saw it on the news rn :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom