What's new

Bangladesh donates medical supply to Sri Lanka

Whatever labor job you do, why don't you get rid of your unpolished cockney labor class English in this forum and learn proper English with correct grammar?

And don't pretend you had a proper education.

So you are not going to post the dictionary definition? So let me face palm you again....

Screenshot_20220508-110459_Chrome.jpg

You hindutva are so hilariously inept.....

Now enlighten me about my education and your proficiency in english.

সেটাই, শ্রীলংকার প্রতি হঠাৎ এত পীড়িত উথলে উঠল কেন বুঝি না। ফকিন্নি দেশটিকে টাকা ধার দেয়, আবার এখন ওষুধ দিচ্ছে।

Ok fine but what exactly is giving loan to a bankrupt country going to achieve?
Thinks long term.

1. Export market: Do you think Sri Lanka will remain bankrupt forever? Sri Lanka is still a wealthier and more educated a nation than BD and is likely to become a developed country before Bangladesh. We need access to their markets. Helping them now can help us obtain trade concessions later.

2. Eat a humble pie: Bangladesh's forex reserve build up is highly vulnerable to external shocks as we are highly dependent on export of one single product category (clothing) and overwhelmingly low skilled labour for our forex earnings. Our import bills are likely to cross $70 billion this FY. If import bills keep up this trajectory, we will be bleeding forex soon and may end up in a position worse than Sri Lanka's regardless of what silly claims some delusional clowns post on this forum. Do not also forgot how much we used to beg to other countries until the 90's. For example, other countries especially the US literally airlifted the entire BD economy out of the hole we got ourselves into during the 1991 cyclone.

3. Improve global image: Bangladesh is still seen as a global basket case by regular people in other countries who do not follow the news. You know it from living in Australia.
However, BD bailing out Sri Lanka has made news globally including in the West. People in economic and establishment circles around the world have taken notice.

4. Geopolitics/Security: Look at Sri Lanka's geographical location. If Bangladesh wants to ever deal with India on equal terms, we have to build up our military capabilities enough to overpower the Indian military in the event of aggression by India. If we can create a strong bond with Sri Lanka, they just might allow our military to set up observation posts, replenish ships at their ports and use their air strips. Perhaps even allow an air base.

Last edited:
Thinks long term.

1. Export market: Do you think Sri Lanka will remain bankrupt forever? Sri Lanka is still a wealthier and more educated a nation than BD and is likely to become a developed country before Bangladesh. We need access to their markets. Helping them now can help us obtain trade concessions later.

2. Eat a humble pie: Bangladesh's forex reserve build up and highly vulnerables to external shocks as we are highly dependent on on export of one single product category (clothing) and overwhelmingly low skilled labour for our forex earnings. Our import bills are likely to cross $70 billion this FY. If import bills keep up this trajectory we will be bleeding forex soon and may end up in a position worse than Sri Lanka's regardless of what silly claims some delusional clowns post on this forum. Do not also forgot how much we used to beg to other countries until the 90's. For example, other countries especially the US literally air lifted the entire BD exonomy out of the hole we got ourselves into during the 1991 cyclone.

3. Improve global image: Bangladesh is still seen as a global basket case by regular people in other countries who do not follow news. You know it from living in Australia.
However, BD bailing out Sri Lanka has made news globally including in the West. People in economic and establishment circles around the world have taken notice.

Geopolitics/Security: Look at Sri Lanka's geographical location.
If Bangladesh wants to ever deal with India on equal terms, we have to build up our military capabilities enough to overpower the Indian military in the event of aggression by India. If we can create a strong bond with Sri Lanka, they may allow our military to set up observation posts, replenish ships and allow us to use their air strips.

I am not boastful and think we should remain humble and conduct ourselves with humility. I just don't believe giving them non performing loans will give us better access to their market when they recover. Export-import, these things are business, nobody imports your stuff just because you gave them some loan in their bad times. Besides the geopolitics of the subcontinent is very compliacted with a third rate country full of roadshitters and infested by Hindu nazis trying to spread their so called influence. Sri Lanka is a hopeless case, we shouldn't spend any money on it.

I am not boastful and think we should remain humble and conduct ourselves with humility. I just don't believe giving them non performing loans will give us better access to their market when they recover. Export-import, these things are business, nobody imports your stuff just because you gave them some loan in their bad times. Besides the geopolitics of the subcontinent is very compliacted with a third rate country full of roadshitters and infested by Hindu nazis trying to spread their so called influence. Sri Lanka is a hopeless case, we shouldn't spend any money on it.
Sri Lanka will rebound and become an important player in a few year's time. Mark my posts for the future.

Sri Lanka will rebound and become an important player in a few year's time. Mark my posts for the future.

I may be, I am not arguing that. My question is what will be our benefit if they rebound? Are you we going to get more business from them when rebound compared to others just because we gave them some loan?

I may be, I am not arguing that. My question is what will be our benefit if they rebound? Are you we going to get more business from them when rebound compared to others just because we gave them some loan?
This $100 million credit is just one step. A lot of other gestures will need to be made in the long run.
Geo-political manoeuvres do not yield results in 2 minutes like Indomie noodles. We have to be patient.

Why we are donating to a Rohingya Genocide supporting country? They can get help from their dear Buddhist brother burma...

As BD needs to gain influence in Sri Lanka for political and trade reasons.

It is a strategic goal for BD at the end of the day to move the smaller S. Asian states away from undue Indian influence.

This $100 million credit is just one step. A lot of other gestures will need to be made in the long run.
Geo-political manoeuvres do not yield results in 2 minutes like Indomie noodles. We have to be patient.

And what exact geopolitical maneuvers are we trying? We are a country that doesn't even have a speak able air force or a negligible military. What geopolitical ambitions do we have?

Anyone who knows English knows the meaning of exploitation. But, a blackey Cockny like you do not know it so you asked BD to exploit the dire SL situation to EXPLOIT that country.

What a Godless Mullah crap!! Do not you fear God?

Correct .....anyone who knows english..... you clearly dont .... i just gave you the google dictionary definition of the word "exploit" screenshot..... go argue the toss with them and maybe you will become a meme for ignorance.

What are you arguing about just hide your shame, tuck tails and crawl under the rock you emerged from.... lol..

Correct .....anyone who knows english..... you clearly dont .... i just gave you the google dictionary definition of the word "exploit" screenshot..... go argue the toss with them and maybe you will become a meme for ignorance.

What are you arguing about just hide your shame, tuck tails and crawl under the rock you emerged from.... lol..
An illiterate Mullah with cave dwelling 1500 year old mindset would not know proper English. So, he uses wrong word to finger point some needy country's dilemma. You are such a brilliant criminal enjoying the suffering of others. No wonder Mullahs are hated worldwide!!

And what exact geopolitical maneuvers are we trying? We are a country that doesn't even have a speak able air force or a negligible military. What geopolitical ambitions do we have?
The ground work laid out by the current government can be built on by more competent regimes in the future.

An illiterate Mullah with cave dwelling 1500 year old mindset would not know proper English. So, he uses wrong word to finger point some needy country's dilemma. You are such a brilliant criminal enjoying the suffering of others. No wonder Mullahs are hated worldwide!!
Bro, the word "exploit" can be used in a positive/neutral sense. Let it go.
@mb444 Please stop responding further.

You are asking a very pertinent question. What is the bigger BD geo strategic ambition.

Personally i feel BD needs to be flexible and agile in its approach. None of the big powers shares our interest so we need to align with them only and up until it is no longer advantageous for us to do so or the potential cost of disengagement is less than the return of a new realignment.

BD making a loan to SL without specific returns i do not agree with it. We do not have anything in common and they enthusiastically supported the burmese regime during pogroms against the rohingya . Our position with them should be strictly transactional. SL also enjoys an trade surplus with BD, our loans should be used to force them to reduce their trade barriers. Time to press advantage is now.

Loan to Maldives, absolutely and always. They are muslims, have many BD expats and we need extend help without reservation, questions or anything beyond repayment of loan when they are able.

BD to establish middle power status it needs to be able to build strong alliances first regionally and then beyond. We do not yet have the economic clout to achieve this at this moment but we can begin to lay the foundations.

BD needs alignment with indonesia, malaysia, turkey and pakistan. Our part in the larger game will have to wait for a bit.
Why are you having difficulty refuting the definition of the word exploit? You clearly dont undetstand it as direct dictionary definition has been presented to you. What are you complaining about? Go ahead, argue with oxford dictionary genious....

Dying in the ditch after loosing everypoint i suppose has been drummed into you at hinduvta school of street shitting...

You are asking a very pertinent question. What is the bigger BD geo strategic ambition.

Personally i feel BD needs to be flexible and agile in its approach. None of the big powers shares our interest so we need to align with them only and up until it is no longer advantageous for us to do so or the potential cost of disengagement is less than the return of a new realignment.

BD making a loan to SL without specific returns i do not agree with it. We do not have anything in common and they enthusiastically supported the burmese regime during pogroms against the rohingya . Our position with them should be strictly transactional. SL also enjoys an trade surplus with BD, our loans should be used to force them to reduce their trade barriers. Time to press advantage is now.

Loan to Maldives, absolutely and always. They are muslims, have many BD expats and we need extend help without reservation, questions or anything beyond repayment of loan when they are able.

BD to establish middle power status it needs to be able to build strong alliances first regionally and then beyond. We do not yet have the economic clout to achieve this at this moment but we can begin to lay the foundations.

BD needs alignment with indonesia, malaysia, turkey and pakistan. Our part in the larger game will have to wait for a bit.

Why are you having difficulty refuting the definition of the word exploit? You clearly dont undetstand it as direct dictionary definition has been presented to you. What are you complaining about? Go ahead, argue with oxford dictionary genious....

Dying in the ditch after loosing everypoint i suppose has been drummed into you at hinduvta school of street shitting...

As per @Destranator we are giving them money for a future competent leader to set our geopolitical goals and use the favorable relationship because of the loan we gave them. This kind of argument is a non-starter. No country gives any other country any favor because the said country once upon a time helped them with some million dollars of loan. Also an incompetent government can't give loan in the hope of a future competent leader exploiting the relationship, if that was what the incompetent government was doing then it would not be an incompetent government to start with. The truth is BAL morons did a blunder by giving money to a country on the verge of bankruptcy and now they have gone bankrupt and we don't know if and when we will get our money back. There is no point trying to sweeten the blunder by cooking up some imaginary advantage we will get, Sri Lanka is a minnow and it is not that important a country to start with. What is there have from them?

As per @Destranator we are giving them money for a future competent leader to set our geopolitical goals and use the favorable relationship because of the loan we gave them. This kind of argument is a non-starter. No country gives any other country any favor because the said country once upon a time helped them with some million dollars of loan. Also an incompetent government can't give loan in the hope of a future competent leader exploiting the relationship, if that was what the incompetent government was doing then it would not be an incompetent government to start with. The truth is BAL morons did a blunder by giving money to a country on the verge of bankruptcy and now they have gone bankrupt and we don't know if and when we will get our money back. There is no point trying to sweeten the blunder by cooking up some imaginary advantage we will get, Sri Lanka is a minnow and it is not that important a country to start with. What is there have from them?
BD is too institutionally and industrially deficient to extract benefits right at this moment but that does not mean you cannot start laying groundwork now.
Not every aid or donation is transactional on paper. When the US donates metal shark boats to BD or raises a new SWAT unit for us, they do not demand a written contract from us promising to sink Chinese naval ships in the event of a conflict in Bay of Bengal. The US is buying goodwill that they will cash out later. I am proposing something similar for BD in relation to SL.
However, if you have convinced yourself that SL will remain bankrupt forever and feel permanently scarred by the yelling and screaming of idiot Buddhist monks in SL, we just have to agree to disagree.

BD is too institutionally and industrially deficient to extract benefits right at this moment but that does not mean you cannot start laying groundwork now.
Not every aid or donation is transactional on paper. When the US donates metal shark boats to BD or raises a new SWAT unit for us, they do not demand a written contract from us promising to sink Chinese naval ships in the event of a conflict in Bay of Bengal. The US is buying goodwill that they will cash out later. I am proposing something similar for BD in relation to SL.
However, if you have convinced yourself that SL will remain bankrupt forever and feel permanently scarred by the yelling and screaming of idiot Buddhist monks in SL, we just have to agree to disagree.

When did I say Sri Lanka will permanently remain bankrupt, why are you reading selectively? Even if it recovers what exact benefit do we get by going through the inconvenience of giving loan to them while not knowing if and when it will be returned. And Sri Lanka is not exactly Japan or Germany where we can send a lot of exports, it's still a third world country, it can only be our competitor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom