What's new

Bangladesh Cricket

BD doesn't deserve a Test status to begin with.

As Sehwag said they are nothing but ordinary which is repeatedly proven.

GB

well well wasn't there an indian member asking why are we hostile towards them?
Thats because of losers like above.

Hartal in Narail over Mashrafe's exclusion

Narail, Jan 19 (bdnews24.com)—Locals in Narail have called a general strike for Thursday protesting the exclusion of Mashrafe Mortaza from the World Cup squad.

Several hundred cricket fans on Wednesday noon demonstrated and brought out a procession in the town over the decision.

Earlier, they burned effigies of the selectors and the coach on the Court Road.

The fans demanded Mashrafe's immediate inclusion into the squad, and threatened to boycott the World Cup and other programmes.

Former Upazila chairman and a local Awami League leader Golam Nabi declared the shutdown on behalf of the locals.

Narail district Jatiya party general secretary Sharif Munir said that people of Narail would go tough if Mashrafe is not included.

Abdul Kader, district BNP general secretary also expressed his frustration and demanded his inclusion.

Bangladesh declared the 15-member cricket World Cup squad on Wednesday noon keeping Mashrafe out.

Bangladesh Cricket Board officials said Mashrafe, popularly known as the Narail Express, had not been included in the team because he was not hundred percent fit yet.

^^^
Do you suppose some dirty politics involved behind his exclusion? If so then it's unfortunate for the nation.

obviously there are some dirty politics behind.
well someone wrote in a forum
"The indian cricket board is stupid 'cos they have 4 injured players in their pocket, the australian board is more stupid 'cos they have Mike in the list who's in hospital right now and our board is so god damn genius that they kicked out our fastest bowler because he wasn't 100% fit!"

Well what can I say.

Hartal in Narail over Mashrafe's exclusion

Narail, Jan 19 (bdnews24.com)—Locals in Narail have called a general strike for Thursday protesting the exclusion of Mashrafe Mortaza from the World Cup squad.

Several hundred cricket fans on Wednesday noon demonstrated and brought out a procession in the town over the decision.

Earlier, they burned effigies of the selectors and the coach on the Court Road.

The fans demanded Mashrafe's immediate inclusion into the squad, and threatened to boycott the World Cup and other programmes.

Former Upazila chairman and a local Awami League leader Golam Nabi declared the shutdown on behalf of the locals.

Narail district Jatiya party general secretary Sharif Munir said that people of Narail would go tough if Mashrafe is not included.

Abdul Kader, district BNP general secretary also expressed his frustration and demanded his inclusion.

Bangladesh declared the 15-member cricket World Cup squad on Wednesday noon keeping Mashrafe out.

Bangladesh Cricket Board officials said Mashrafe, popularly known as the Narail Express, had not been included in the team because he was not hundred percent fit yet.

WTF
How did they leave out mortaza?

^^^
Not to worry. He will play in world cup. Perhaps not in first game against Bharati. I still reminiscence that day when Mashraffe kicked out Bharati from last world cup. What a scenery. :cheers:

I would like to see the same again in Dhaka. :partay:

Last edited:
^^^
Not to worry. He will play in world cricket. Perhaps not in first game against Bharati. I still reminiscence that day when Mashraffe kicked out Bharati from last world cup. What a scenery. :cheers:

I would like to see the same again in Dhaka. :partay:

Well, Mashrafe will probably play...Siddons said, he is bowling in the nets with short run-ups and he is expected to get fit before the 1st match...if so, he will be used as a replacement bowler instead of Nazmul probably...

Siddons is determined to get him, so lets pray he gets fit soon...

World Cup 2011: Mashrafe Mortaza not in World Cup squad | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Cheers!!!

I hope all the host countries reach the semis, TV broadcasters will get some serious veiwership :cheers:

Well, Mashrafe will probably play...Siddons said, he is bowling in the nets with short run-ups and he is expected to get fit before the 1st match...if so, he will be used as a replacement bowler instead of Nazmul probably...

Siddons is determined to get him, so lets pray he gets fit soon...

World Cup 2011: Mashrafe Mortaza not in World Cup squad | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Cheers!!!

Yes let us all pray for his quick recovery. I personally like him. Bangladesh team incomplete with the name Mashrafe bin Mortaza. Him and Tameed Iqbal Khan are my two favorite player. :tup:

I hope Tameem will be very aggressive against Bharati in this world cup since he is now older, stronger and mover experienced. :agree:

Hope its all true and then I wanna see mashrafe kicking the hell outta everyone from the first match. We must win the first match at any cost.

All the best for the WC. Bangladesh playing good cricket is good for Asia & subcontinent and also for economy. I support Bangladesh against all counties other than India. It will be a good match. BTW Murtaza was part of KKR last year. Good player to have in the team.

All the best for the WC. Bangladesh playing good cricket is good for Asia & subcontinent and also for economy. I support Bangladesh against all counties other than India. It will be a good match. BTW Murtaza was part of KKR last year. Good player to have in the team.

One of his legs is injured and recovery time is limited before the WC kicks up.

Mashrafe trying to regain fitness

Dhaka, Jan 21 (bdnews24.com) — Injured fast bowler Mashrafe Bin Mortaza is trying hard to get back his fitness and included in the World Cup squad.

Mashrafe with his follower pacer Rubel are going through vigorous exercises to overcome injury problems with the assistance of physio Mike Henry as still there is a small chance for him to get back into the World Cup squad.

He looks determined to utilise that possibility through hard physical exercise.

Rubel, a squad member, did not go home to overcome a minor injury problem and assist his bowling idol 'Mashrafe'.

Mashrafe along with Rubel came to Sher-e-Bangla stadium at 9:30am and started exercise at 10am. He continued it till 11am. Almost five hundred of his fans gave him company and courage during the exercise.

The former captain faced his fans as he was leaving the stadium around 12pm. Earlier at about 11am, they demonstrated in the stadium area demanding his inclusion in the squad.

Mashrafe quelled his frustrated fans promising his return soon.

Physio Mike Henry told reporters regarding Mashrafe's injury that the condition has virtually not changed as it was improving slowly.

He, however, hoped that Mashrafe would be able to run over his full-length bowling mark from the first week of February. "It'll take time for the complete recovery."

He might be sent to Sri Lanka for better treatment.

Talking to reporters, Mashrafe said, "No one of the board informed me about this so far."

Mashrafe urged all to pray for him for his early return to the national team.

I do not know about you guys but I am kind of worried about the completion of four cricket venue that is under improvement. I have seen report on NTV and it's not pretty sight at all. Why is that we have to wait for the last minute for everything is out of my comprehension? I mean we knew about this all most four years ago.....:hitwall:

Anyone else seen it on TV or how about you guys who lives in Dhaka?? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom