What's new

Bangladesh Cricket

HP names cricketer Tamim Iqbal as its brand ambassador in Bangladesh
Posted on: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 06:05:15 EST

Symbols: HPQ
Dhaka, Jan 06, 2011 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) --

Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world?s largest technology company, has named vice-captain of Bangladesh national cricket team Tamim Iqbal as its brand ambassador in Bangladesh for one year.

Tamim signed a contract to this effect with HP at Hotel Sheraton in the city today (Thursday). General Manager, Personal Systems
Group of HP Philip Lau signed on behalf of his organization.

The one-year contract comes into effect from December 10 last year.

As per the contract, Tamim will take part in different promotional activities in print media, television, outdoor campaigns and also mass engagement programs in Bangladesh.

Tamim, Wisden?s cricketer of the year for 2010, will also represent HP products and services including the PC and notebooks which already have significant performance and share in Bangladesh market.

After signing the deal, the dashing opener Tamim said: ?I am extremely happy to be a part of HP family... HP is excellence in quality and technology and believes in quality and performance which also has been the guiding force throughout my career.?

HP?s country business manager Imrul Hossain Bhuiyan was present at the signing ceremony.

For full details on Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ) HPQ. Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ) has Short Term PowerRatings at TradingMarkets. Details on Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ) Short Term PowerRatings is available at This Link.

when is pakistan playing bangladesh................will be a intresting match

when is pakistan playing bangladesh................will be a intresting match

All of the pakistans match will be held on sri lanka... as srilanka and Pakistan is on the same group...

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

go india go !! time to kick some butt...:lol:

Yes ... hopeully bangladesh will start wc match on feb 19th by kicking indian butt in dhaka like the previous world cup... :)

Sunday, January 9, 2011
Sports
Indian Premier League
Shakib now a Knight Rider

2011-01-09__sps112.jpg

SHAKIB COMES TO THE PARTY: The world's no.1 all-rounder and Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan cuts a cake in celebration of being bought by IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders for USD 425,000 yesterday.Photo: STARSports Reporter

In a matter of three minutes yesterday afternoon, the rampant Kolkata Knight Riders swooped on Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan in the auction of the India Premier League held in Bangalore.

There were high expectations last year with the young all-rounder but frustratingly Shakib remained unsold, but this time the Shahrukh Khan-owned franchise bought him for a bargain price of $425,000 on the first day of the money-spinning auction.

Shakib, whose base price was $200,000, will line up with the likes of the highest paid Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Jacques Kallis, Manoj Tiwary, Brett Lee, Eoin Morgan and Brad Haddin.

Considering Shakib's recent international performance (he is still the No 1 all-rounder for the successive second year), the Kolkata franchise made a low cost buy to rope in a real asset for their team. Pune made the first bid to get the ball rolling for Shakib and there was a tussle between them and the Kolkata bidders, the latter finally winning the battle.

Shakib was delighted with the ultimate outcome and he was hardly bothered with the amount of money, rather he wanted to play in the popular competition. He was also not ready to compare him with the other players who got much more than him.

“My job is to play cricket as much as possible. I'm happy with the ultimate bidding that is double my floor price. As far as I know, the Indian players' demand was high,” said Shakib in an instant reaction during a break in the shooting for a commercial at the Botanical Garden in Mirpur.

“I am really delighted because last time I had high hopes but could not make it,” he added.

Shakib's inclusion was however the only good news for Bangladesh as dashing opener Tamim Iqbal, who broke the good news to Shakib over phone, remained unsold. For the thousands who watched the daylong auction, it was quite a shock as the new Tigers vice-captain was a bargain at $100,000 base price.

“Tamim (Iqbal) called me first. I was a little nervous when I didn't receive any calls for a certain period, though I knew that this time it will happen as Dav (Whatmore) told me during his recent visit to Bangladesh that he will bid for me,” revealed Shakib.

He was particularly happy that he can play for the Kolkata outfit. “It's really good for me that Knight Riders bought me. Not only Dav, but also the fact is that I will get a lot of Bengali-speaking people around me,” he said.

With the latest success the young Bangladesh skipper, who was the only Bangladeshi player to play County cricket and was a successful performer for Worcestershire, put another feather on his cap to get 2011 off to a bright start.

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza was Bangladesh's hot pick in the 2009 auction as Knight Riders bought the country's leading paceman for $650,000.

Beximco official sponsor of nat'l cricket team for World Cup

Beximco official sponsor of nat'l cricket team for World Cup

Beximco group becomes the official sponsor of the Bangladesh national cricket team for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup, reports UNB.

Beximco Executive Director Intekhab Mahmud signed a contract with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) at Sonargaon Hotel Tuesday. BCB chief executive officer Manzur Ahmed signed for the BCB.

Beximco participated in the bidding process where the floor price was Tk 35.0 million (3.5 crore). The sponsorship allows Beximco to use its logo on players' jerseys, leading arm, practice and travel clothing.

"We are glad to become the official sponsor of the national cricket team for the ICC World Cup 2011 as the event is the biggest in cricketing action and thus the perfect platform Beximco its passion for the game as well as for the country," said Sayan F Rahman, director of Beximco group at a signing ceremony.

Sunday, January 9, 2011
Sports
Indian Premier League
Shakib now a Knight Rider

2011-01-09__sps112.jpg

SHAKIB COMES TO THE PARTY: The world's no.1 all-rounder and Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan cuts a cake in celebration of being bought by IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders for USD 425,000 yesterday.Photo: STARSports Reporter

In a matter of three minutes yesterday afternoon, the rampant Kolkata Knight Riders swooped on Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan in the auction of the India Premier League held in Bangalore.

There were high expectations last year with the young all-rounder but frustratingly Shakib remained unsold, but this time the Shahrukh Khan-owned franchise bought him for a bargain price of $425,000 on the first day of the money-spinning auction.

Shakib, whose base price was $200,000, will line up with the likes of the highest paid Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Jacques Kallis, Manoj Tiwary, Brett Lee, Eoin Morgan and Brad Haddin.

Considering Shakib's recent international performance (he is still the No 1 all-rounder for the successive second year), the Kolkata franchise made a low cost buy to rope in a real asset for their team. Pune made the first bid to get the ball rolling for Shakib and there was a tussle between them and the Kolkata bidders, the latter finally winning the battle.

Shakib was delighted with the ultimate outcome and he was hardly bothered with the amount of money, rather he wanted to play in the popular competition. He was also not ready to compare him with the other players who got much more than him.

“My job is to play cricket as much as possible. I'm happy with the ultimate bidding that is double my floor price. As far as I know, the Indian players' demand was high,” said Shakib in an instant reaction during a break in the shooting for a commercial at the Botanical Garden in Mirpur.

“I am really delighted because last time I had high hopes but could not make it,” he added.

Shakib's inclusion was however the only good news for Bangladesh as dashing opener Tamim Iqbal, who broke the good news to Shakib over phone, remained unsold. For the thousands who watched the daylong auction, it was quite a shock as the new Tigers vice-captain was a bargain at $100,000 base price.

“Tamim (Iqbal) called me first. I was a little nervous when I didn't receive any calls for a certain period, though I knew that this time it will happen as Dav (Whatmore) told me during his recent visit to Bangladesh that he will bid for me,” revealed Shakib.

He was particularly happy that he can play for the Kolkata outfit. “It's really good for me that Knight Riders bought me. Not only Dav, but also the fact is that I will get a lot of Bengali-speaking people around me,” he said.

With the latest success the young Bangladesh skipper, who was the only Bangladeshi player to play County cricket and was a successful performer for Worcestershire, put another feather on his cap to get 2011 off to a bright start.

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza was Bangladesh's hot pick in the 2009 auction as Knight Riders bought the country's leading paceman for $650,000.

How crazy to play in IPL! :sick:

After kicking you repeatedly and still you think like that?

Chill man...WC is a different issue...!! ;)

Having said that, i respect Indian cricket team...whatever the case is, currently they are one of the hot favorites to win WC, given their current form...as a result it would be a pull-off if we win...

Sami probably didnt mean it that way, its just the 'heat of the game'...!!

Cheers!!!

2011-01-19-14-31-21-bcb_press_innerjpg.jpg

Shakib skipper, Mashrafe out

Dhaka, Jan 19 (bdnews24.com) — Bangladesh has declared the 15-member cricket World Cup squad with Shakib as skipper; Mashrafe left out.

The declaration was made at Mirpur's Grameenphone-BCB Academy Complex around 2pm on Wednesday.

Bangladesh Cricket Board officials said Mashrafe bin Mortuza, popularly known as the Narail Express, had not been included in the team because he was not hundred percent fit yet.

THE SQUAD

Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Tamim Iqbal (vice-captain), Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Naeem Islam, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain and Suhrawadi Shuvo.

haere Mashrafe :cry::disagree::cry:

Every test playing asian nation has won cricket world cup except for BD.It can be there chance to fulfill their dream and complete the circle.So support BD.....................

Every test playing asian nation has won cricket world cup except for BD.It can be there chance to fulfill their dream and complete the circle.So support BD.....................

BD doesn't deserve a Test status to begin with.

As Sehwag said they are nothing but ordinary which is repeatedly proven.

GB

Back
Top Bottom