What's new

Bangladesh congratulates Pranab on Presidential election

I don't know why they are short, specially Mushfiq Ashraful! tamim's height is standard bangladeshi height for male! And thats okay i guess!

Watch your mouth !!
Secondly i told you what i experienced .
I mean i am 6'1 and the endless Bengalis that i've came across were pretty short .
I already mentioned no offence but if u felt some hard time then i'm sorry for that ......ok :hitwall:

People of north India are generally taller than south and east Indians including the people of BD. The tall Aryans settled mostly in the north that include also Pakistan. However, the ample harvest of WHEAT in those regions and nutritious food intakes for the last 200 generations or so have supported the tall physical heights of these northerners.

In case of south/east India including Bangladesh rice is the staple food. Rice is known to be 40% less nutritious than wheat. Now, think of 200 generations of people in these two parts of Hindustan who are eating at least 40% less nutrition for the last four thousand years. You get a less taller group of people.

When the poverty stricken europeans arrived and settled in the USA they were short because they were poor. But, in the course of only 100 years these people became taller by more than 10 cm. It means food nutrition is very important.

Think of the Japanese. They were short during the 2nd WW. But, they are taller now by more than 10 cm during the course of only 60 years. It happened because gradually they reduced the intake of rice and increased the intake of wheat, fish, poultry and meat.

So, I think, although genetics of a group of people certainly determines the height, but with the consumption of more nutrions it is also possible to get rid of this gentics phenomenan. A richer BD people of tomorrow will certainly become taller than the average BDians of today. I think, it is already happening. However, I must say, even today Bd people are ranked only 2nd after the north Indians (including Pakistanis).

Back
Top Bottom