Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer-fist

Reaction score
Ghulam Azam’s clemency sought
Tension arises with Turkey
Khurram Zaman, Diplomatic Correspondent
banglanews24.com

DHAKA: Diplomatic tension has been aroused between Dhaka and Ankara over Turkish President Abdullah Gul`s letter to President Zillur Rahman seeking clemency to the war criminals including Ghulam Azam.

Earlier on December 23, Turkish President Abdullah Gul, in a letter, called President Zillur Rahman for clemency to the war criminals.

In the letter, Abdullah Gul said, “It would create instability in socio-economic arena of Bangladesh if the war criminals are tried.”

Gul said the accused leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami are too old to stand trial.

Besides, the Turkey government summoned Bangladesh Ambassador to Turkey Zulfiqar Rahman over the matter, a day after Dhaka summoned Turkish Ambassador in Bangladesh Mehmet Vakur Erkul on Wednesday.

Foreign Ministry sources said it is an unfair demand in diplomatic policy. There is no way to step back from the trial of war criminals as it is the poll pledge of the ruling government.

Turkish president’s letter is an attempt to hamper the trial process as the government has not announced the verdict yet.

Sources said the government has taken the matter seriously. The on arrival visa facility between Bangladesh and Turkey would be cancelled.

Earlier, a 14-member delegation of Turkey visited Bangladesh through on arrival visa for lobbying on favour of the war criminals.

Ghulam Azam?s clemency sought Tension arises with Turkey

Bangladesh is ready to become a Suicide Bomber and is shooting itself in the foot. This may be the beginning of a Civil War and I can't wait to see the end of this movie.:pop:

1. The Bangladeshi government has made it clear to the Gul & Erdogan regime that they are not impressed or pleased with their recent misbehaviour.

2. The AKP regime sent in pro-Jamati lawyers and activists from Turkey to sneak their way through Dhaka airport on false pretenses, abusing the "on-arrival" visa system reserved only for actual government officials and investors.

The AKP ambassador to Bangladesh was part of this little plot and later on lied to our government claiming he had no knowledge when he himself was in the airport with this gang of pro-Jamati activists.

3. Our government has now decided to cancel this special on-arrival facility for AKP officials and others.

Though the trials against the Jamati leaders e.g. Ghulam Azam and co might have to be re-started (I support trials of suspected war criminals but they must be fair) and the Awami League's integrity is questionable, the Turkish regime has no business in meddling in our own internal affairs.

We were perfectly within our right to summon the AKP ambassador to express our anger, but they had no right to retaliate and do the same to our ambassador as he himself had done nothing wrong.

We are a market of 150 million plus and it is clear that in the remaining 12 months of this current government no major deals will be given to Turkish businessmen e.g. in construction as a result of Gul and Erdogan's misbehaviour, violation of diplomatic protocols, disrespecting Bangladeshi sovereignty and support for fellow fundamentalists in Jamat e Islami.

Tayyip-Hikmetyar.JPG

Erdogan with Afghan fundamentalist and extremist Hekmatyar, this time Erdogan's regime is seeking to support extremists and fundamentalists in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is ready to become a Suicide Bomber and is shooting itself in the foot. This may be the beginning of a Civil War and I can't wait to see the end of this movie.:pop:

As a Bangladesh-hater you would of course be delighted to see violence and "civil war" as you put it in my country.

However

1. Pakistan has two insurgencies, Balochistan and the TTP rebellion in the north-west.

2. Terrorists operate through out Pakistan from Karachi to Gilgit-Baltistan and some even feel that there is a Shia genocide in the country.

3. Recent events:

a: 22 policemen kidnapped around Peshawar
b: 5 policemen killed in Karachi a few days back

Five cops among 15 killed in Karachi attacks - thenews.com.pk

c: 6 killed around Karachi's railway station today.

4. We are not Pakistan which gets bombed every week by America. In fact our government will openly criticize America when it wants to. Our security services ensure that our country is stable and will prevent any civil war.

Sorry to dissapoint you and your voyeuristic urge to see civil war in our country.

Our government has made it clear to Erdogan and Gul's regime they are extremely upset and this misbehaviour of theirs has definitely cost them billions in terms of any potential business deals in a market of 150 million +.

Its already a dead Govt. Some fascist are dancing here and there with them like one here in PDF. BNP JAMAT will be able to recover the relationship!! No worries!

what is BD's beef with Turkey? can someone explain? please and thank you

You Awami League fools are taking Bangladesh to a Civil War and if you don't wake up, you may end up destroying the country with your Hate-Mongering. I certainly hope the Bangladesh Army has the common sense to take out this Cancer causing CARCINOGEN named Sheikh Hasina before she ends up destroying the nation with her hate.

As for you calling me a Bangladesh-hater, Let me tell you fool that I love my Bangladeshi brothers and would give my life to protect my Bangladeshi brothers and sisters from an Indian agent like yourself @Hammer-fist.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Bangladesh-hater you would of course be delighted to see violence and "civil war" as you put it in my country.

However

1. Pakistan has two insurgencies, Balochistan and the TTP rebellion in the north-west.

2. Terrorists operate through out Pakistan from Karachi to Gilgit-Baltistan and some even feel that there is a Shia genocide in the country.

3. Recent events:

a: 22 policemen kidnapped around Peshawar
b: 5 policemen killed in Karachi a few days back

Five cops among 15 killed in Karachi attacks - thenews.com.pk

c: 6 killed around Karachi's railway station today.

4. We are not Pakistan which gets bombed every week by America. In fact our government will openly criticize America when it wants to. Our security services ensure that our country is stable and will prevent any civil war.

Sorry to dissapoint you and your voyeuristic urge to see civil war in our country.

Our government has made it clear to Erdogan and Gul's regime they are extremely upset and this misbehaviour of theirs has definitely cost them billions in terms of any potential business deals in a market of 150 million +.
@Pakistanisage : Sahib ye kiyaa zamanaaa aagiyaaa haiii abbb Bangladesh bhiii hameiiin tariii lagaiiii gaaa ! :blink: :undecided: :rofl:

On topic : Khair you're digging your own grave with this - Good Luck ! :tup:

1. Bangladesh like Pakistan and Afghanistan have good relations with Turkey and are viewed well in the country and we (Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Afghans) like Turks.

2. There is no beef with Turkey, not even with the current AKP regime, but with this particular incident.

If anything in other news reports the government ministers even stated that we have excellent relations with Turkey.

However this is interference in Bangladeshi internal affairs and unacceptable.

It is now up to the AKP regime of Erdogan to decide what they want to do next and if they repeat such misbehaviour there will be severe consequences against him and his regime.

You Awami League fools are taking Bangladesh to a Civil War and if you don't wake up. you may end up destroying the country with your Hate-Mongering. I certainly hope the Bangladesh Army has the common sense to take out this Cancer causing CARCINOGEN named Sheikh Hasina before she ends up destroying the nation with her hate.

1. I do not support the Awami League.

2. Do not make uninformed comments about my country as you know nothing about us.

3. Do not make comments gloating over a possible civil war in Bangladesh. No Bangladeshi here gloats over the actual civil war in Pakistan.

4. Nothing will happen the army will step in if anything deteriorates too badly.

1. Bangladesh like Pakistan and Afghanistan have good relations with Turkey and are viewed well in the country and we (Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Afghans) like Turks.

2. There is no beef with Turkey, not even with the current AKP regime, but with this particular incident.

If anything in other news reports the government ministers even stated that we have excellent relations with Turkey.

However this is interference in Bangladeshi internal affairs and unacceptable.

It is now up to the AKP regime of Erdogan to decide what they want to do next and if they repeat such misbehaviour there will be severe consequences against him and his regime.
what did they do?

BD wants to execute the Jammat-i-Islami's 90 years or something leader (named in the artcile) who was Pro-Pakistan during '71, as was the Jammat itself & many others. BD accuses him of war crimes. :undecided:

Turkey says - Don't do it; Hes old as hell for godsake ! :blink:

The rest @kobiraaz can shed better light on; I'm not following this to be honest !

@Pakistanisage : Sahib ye kiyaa zamanaaa aagiyaaa haiii abbb Bangladesh bhiii hameiiin tariii lagaiiii gaaa ! :blink: :undecided: :rofl:

You are right, Pakistani trolls can come in here and insult Bangladeshis and say anything and if we even retaliate we will get a warning from Webmaster and co.

However I am Bangladeshi and Bangladesh is my country and I will not accept insults against it from ignorant fools like Pakistanisage.

BD wants to execute the Jammat-i-Islami's 90 years or something leader (named in the artcile) who was Pro-Pakistan during '71, as was the Jammat itself & many others. BD accuses him of war crimes. :undecided:

Turkey says - Don't do it; Hes old as hell for godsake ! :blink:

The rest @kobiraaz can shed better light on; I'm not following this to be honest !

Partly correct. The issue is this.

1. Foreign interference in Bangladeshi internal affairs.

Bangladesh would never send a letter to Pakistan asking for it to have clemency on Altaf Hussain or Hakimullah Mehsud.

2. The AKP regime sneaked their henchmen in to the country on false grounds thus disrespecting our sovereignty.

You are right, Pakistani trolls can come in here and insult Bangladeshis and say anything and if we even retaliate we will get a warning from Webmaster and co.

However I am Bangladeshi and Bangladesh is my country and I will not accept insults against it from ignorant fools like Pakistanisage.

That ignorant fool is old enough to be your Dad & has served Pakistan well in the past !

At any rate he was there when history was being made & you may learn a thing or two from him. I know I have.

what did they do?

The AKP sent in a team of 14 Turks (plus one Belgian, maybe of Turkish ethnicity) to Dhaka airport.

They were not official visitors who came in an official capacity and thus our government would have been aware of them.
However they basically lied and pretended to be and their ambassador was there and lied alongside.

They entered the country on false grounds without informing our government of their mission.

This is like Bangladesh sending in government officials to Islamabad airport without telling the Pakistani government, lying and saying they have official visas (rather than regular ones) and then going to visit TTP or Sipah i Sahaba terrorists in jail.

That ignorant fool is old enough to be your Dad & has served Pakistan well in the past !

At any rate he was there when history was being made & you may learn a thing or two from him. I know I have.

No.

1. He needs to learn things as it is clear he knows nothing about Bangladesh and if I said "I will have popcorn to see civil war in Pakistan" that would not be accepted and considered an insult.

2. Yahya Khan is older than him, and Yahya Khan was a drunkard and pervert who lost half his country.

@Armstrong Brother, most Bangladeshi brothers don't have a problem with us, it is these Awami League Indian agents and their Queen Sheikha Hasina who can't let go of their Hate-Mongering against Pakistan.

I don't have a problem with average Bangladeshi. Three million of Bangladeshi brothers/sisters live in peace in Karachi and we support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom