What's new

Bangladesh Army

120033200_735752197002485_6793319769134773736_n.jpg

Getting the MRAP was a very good first step - especially for UN use.

Given that we will be using at least a thousand of these (we use 2000 some odd BTR-80's), we should make plans to build them locally. maybe with US help and parts at first, then slowly indigenize production to use common off the shelf commercial part of Korean or Japanese vintage (Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Hino come to mind).

All the MaxxPro Dash MRAP is, is a commercial truck on a shortened chassis, lifted up with a lift-kit - and with plenty of blastproof armor on the underside as well as sides. Bulletproof glass, solid tires, cannons and electronics can be imported. This is dead easy to make locally.

Here is a International Navistar MaxxPro with rooftop turret. The version with the single wheels on the rear axle is called Dash - the one we are getting.
1024px-Navistar_MaxxPro.JPG

Here is the International Durastar 4400 SBA Chassis Truck it was derived from (available commercially). Importing these chassis (minus the cab which we don't need) do not have to comply with any defence embargo. Other hooded commercial trucks (semi tractors as well) can be used (Volvo comes to mind). As you can see the chassis has been shortened (made single axle in the back or ordered that way), wheels and bumpers changed and armor added.
International_Durastar_4400_SBA_Chassis_Truck_2011_1000_0001.jpg

Here is an armored cash collection truck made from the International commercial truck. There are niche mfrs. in the US specializing in this customized vehicle market. Very similar to the MRAP except a lot less protected (no mines in the City).

iu

Amar Khan says, it depends, army will pick between Hisar, CAMM & Whatever Chinese system they chose from the shortlist published last month.
He is saying these are signed deals then again he is saying army still haven't decided which Sam they will buy ?
Ok 😕

Hey man are we getting any new modern rifles ? The picture did show an M4 I think
He is saying these are signed deals then again he is saying army still haven't decided which Sam they will buy ?
Ok 😕

Probably to keep it a secrete until it comes out like a suprise lol , I mean Army leadership is more competent than the Air Force and I feel like the Hisar O might be the SAM

Back
Top Bottom