What's new

Bangladesh Army

@ghost250 bhai is Taj Hashmi being inaccurate?
bhai,u r more knowledgeable thn me but tell me which army chief was there without the blessing of ruling political party? u can deny as much as u want but from moen u ahmed to aziz everyone was politically aligned...everytime there is a new guy in army hq these choda***ls like taj hashmi (heard about this guy for the frst time) like to earn sum paisa by dancing in front of mullahs(youtube)..!! u can badmouth aziz as much as u want but this is the guy who changed army's war fighting capability dramatically...from tanks to mlrs,from howitzers to apc, he purchased every big ticket item for army ...if he was a dalal why he didnt buy any single item from india?...bidesh boisha desh er kotha chinta koira naak daika ghumamu r youtube diya poisa income kormu.... amago moto abul mumin ra to aseiii view dewar jnno. ..desh er onek upokar hoilo !!

bhai,u r more knowledgeable thn me but tell me which army chief was there without the blessing of ruling political party? u can deny as much as u want but from moen u ahmed to aziz everyone was politically aligned...everytime there is a new guy in army hq these choda***ls like taj hashmi (heard about this guy for the frst time) like to earn sum paisa by dancing in front of mullahs(youtube)..!! u can badmouth aziz as much as u want but this is the guy who changed army's war fighting capability dramatically...from tanks to mlrs,from howitzers to apc, he purchased every big ticket item for army ...if he was a dalal why he didnt buy any single item from india?...bidesh boisha desh er kotha chinta koira naak daika ghumamu r youtube diya poisa income kormu.... amago moto abul mumin ra to aseiii view dewar jnno. ..desh er onek upokar hoilo !!

Very apt and humorous post. :-)

I am not an army person in Bangladesh so good to know - I don't know if you are currently serving but if you are, then Thanks for your service to Bangladesh.

The allegation Taj Hashmi makes though - is that newly appointed Army Chief went to India in June 2020 to get directives. It has little to do with ruling party and is a rather serious allegation.

kasirgas r being comissioned !!

195615068_2552785021696513_4898311969010215246_n.jpg
203109505_2552785231696492_8254703681030887195_n.jpg
195615068_2552785021696513_4898311969010215246_n.jpg
203109505_2552785231696492_8254703681030887195_n.jpg

Very apt and humorous post. :-)

I am not an army person in Bangladesh so good to know - I don't know if you are currently serving but if you are, then Thanks for your service to Bangladesh.

The allegation Taj Hashmi makes though - is that newly appointed Army Chief went to India in June 2020 to get directives. It has little to do with ruling party and is a rather serious allegation.
Suhrawardy said Aziz got directives from India too...he also said raw had offices in the cantonment...are Indians that distrustful of their own weapons that they wouldn't get BD to buy them...I mean with a snap of a finger they could get BD to become their largest customer and the amount BD spends is not that small..They got Nepal to buy their rifles....they couldn't get us to buy at least a couple of bullets??

Suhrawardy said Aziz got directives from India too...he also said raw had offices in the cantonment...are Indians that distrustful of their own weapons that they wouldn't get BD to buy them...I mean with a snap of a finger they could get BD to become their largest customer and the amount BD spends is not that small..They got Nepal to buy their rifles....they couldn't get us to buy at least a couple of bullets??

Exactly. It's all sensationalist bs.

Even the most secular and liberal Bangladeshis have innate distrust of Indian hegemony, barring a few sellouts. Not out of love for religion, but rather nationalistic and cultural pride.

If BA military was really in Indian pockets, then why have we gone for inducting offensive hardware? Starting all the way back in 2007 with C-802s, then subs and now the TRG-300s. BA could have simply procured more BTR-80s and Mi-17s for more UN missions instead.

Insulted Other Member/Nationality

Last edited by a moderator:

It will look supremely bad for Bangladesh Govt. to buy Indian weapons publicly. It is more of an 'optics' issue.

I have it on extremely (extremely!) credible Army sources that RAW does have a whole floor of sectioned off area for RAW use at Army HQ (that Bangladesh Army seniors themselves cannot go into) and scrutinizes all Army purchases/activity/logistics and keeps tabs on them per orders from New Delhi. I will not disclose who they are for obvious reasons but come on - this is an open secret already, every one in the Army knows. Has been going on for years now....

The opposition and the Jamatis would have a field day with public purchase of Indian weapons and the viability of Hasina's rule will become questionable. The risk is not worth the profits.

Bangladesh Govt. already allows almost $6~7 Billion yearly for all types of non-defence Indian imports LEGALLY (ILLEGALLY through SMUGGLING probably again as much totaling around $10 Billion or so yearly). Thanks to Indians bribing our ministers and manipulating our trade policy by lowering tariffs for Indian benefit.

We export a paltry $600 million or so yearly to India in return (Thanks to their Tariff and Non-Tariff barriers).

Case in Point, they may have bribed the current food minister - Sadhan Chandra Majumdar, a few crore and he lowered the tariff on rice from 62.5% down to 25% recently to allow import of Indian rice.

360px-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%81_%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A7%E0%A6%A8_%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0_%28cropped%29.jpg

This corrupt moron then proceeded to buy 1.5 Million tons of Rice from India to Bangladesh, when Bangladesh is a net exporters of rice. I don't know how much Indian traders profited, but you can imagine it is not a small amount. And this is just what is publicly disclosed, there could be more undisclosed impropriety. Here is the news,

https://indiaseatradenews.com/bangladesh-import-700000t-of-rice-from-india-in-6-months/

Why did we appoint this RAW agent Hindu as a food minister? I am sure Indian machinations were at play to no small amount (via Hasina), for him being in place to this much damage and to be India-friendly.

I think that is just an inkling showing how much damage (Trade Deficit) which has been going on yearly for the last fifty years (some $10 Billion on average yearly for the last twenty and maybe half as much for the previous thirty years before that).

No nation on earth (that I know) runs a trade deficit like this with their neighbor on an uneven keel, and for so long. Fifty years of screwing over that still continues!

Plus our armed forces are already standardized on Chinese weapons and expendables (ammunition). To switch to Indian weapons now would be rather expensive (both standardization and training-wise). When one weighs the benefits vs. liabilities, it is better not to import Indian weapons publicly.

We did buy Indian trucks and logistics vehicles (Tata). That publicity alone was not good for the govt. as I recall.

We don't need to buy small arms and ammunition from India. We make plenty ourselves (including small guided missiles, in Joydevpur armory).
Exactly. It's all sensationalist bs.

Even the most secular and liberal Bangladeshis have innate distrust of Indian hegemony, barring a few sellouts. Not out of love for religion, but rather nationalistic and cultural pride.

If BA military was really in Indian pockets, then why have we gone for inducting offensive hardware? Starting all the way back in 2007 with C-802s, then subs and now the TRG-300s. BA could have simply procured more BTR-80s and Mi-17s for more UN missions instead.

Having C-802s, subs and TRG-300s does not matter a lot, if Indians are controlling the personnel (chain of command). Think clearly please.
BUT MUH HUH BD SLAVVVVVVVVV TO INDIA MUH MUH - Some foolish person from a nation in debt to China

It is better to think carefully why things happen - and what is at stake.

Think about all angles - and present your arguments.

Last edited:
The issue is not ruling political party. They issue is corruption and criminal gangs. Your former Army Chief was not only corrupt but he was a bloody criminal. Pakistan also had bad share of Army Chiefs but your former one beats all of them. Also issue of Indian influence is really big problem.

It will look supremely bad for Bangladesh Govt. to buy Indian weapons publicly. It is more of an 'optics' issue.

I have it on extremely (extremely!) credible Army sources that RAW does have a whole floor of sectioned off area for RAW at Army HQ that Bangladesh Army seniors themselves cannot go into and scrutinizes all Army purchases/activity/logistics and keeps tabs on them. I will not disclose who they are for obvious reasons but come on - this is an open secret already, every one in the Army knows. Has been going on for years now....

The opposition and the Jamatis would have a field day with public purchase of Indian weapons and the viability of Hasina's rule will become questionable. The risk is not worth the profits.

Bangladesh Govt. already allows almost $6~7 Billion yearly for all types of non-defence Indian imports LEGALLY (ILLEGALLY through SMUGGLING probably again as much totaling around $10 Billion or so yearly). Thanks to Indians bribing our ministers and manipulating our trade policy by lowering tariffs for Indian benefit.

We export a paltry $600 million or so yearly to India in return (Thanks to their Tariff and Non-Tariff barriers).

Case in Point, they may have bribed the current food minister - Sadhan Chandra Majumdar, a few crore and he lowered the tariff on rice from 62.5% down to 25% recently to allow import of Indian rice.

360px-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%81_%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A7%E0%A6%A8_%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0_%28cropped%29.jpg

This corrupt moron then proceeded to buy 1.5 Million tons of Rice from India to Bangladesh, when Bangladesh is a net exporters of rice. I don't know how much Indian traders profited, but you can imagine it is not a small amount. And this is just what is publicly disclosed, there could be more undisclosed impropriety. Here is the news,

https://indiaseatradenews.com/bangladesh-import-700000t-of-rice-from-india-in-6-months/

Why did we appoint this RAW agent Hindu as a food minister? I am sure Indian machinations were at play to no small amount (via Hasina), for him being in place to this much damage and to be India-friendly.

I think that is just an inkling showing how much damage (Trade Deficit) which has been going on yearly for the last fifty years (some $10 Billion on average yearly for the last twenty and maybe half as much for the previous thirty years before that).

No nation on earth (that I know) runs a trade deficit like this with their neighbor on an uneven keel, and for so long. Fifty years of screwing over that still continues!

Plus our armed forces are already standardized on Chinese weapons and expendables (ammunition). To switch to Indian weapons now would be rather expensive (both standardization and training-wise). When one weighs the benefits vs. liabilities, it is better not to import Indian weapons publicly.

We did buy Indian trucks and logistics vehicles (Tata). That publicity alone was not good for the govt. as I recall.

We don't need to buy small arms and ammunition from India. We make plenty ourselves (including small guided missiles, in Joydevpur armory).

Having C-802s, subs and TRG-300s does not matter a lot, if Indians are controlling the personnel (chain of command). Think clearly please.

It is better to think carefully why things happen - and what is at stake.

Think about all angles - and present your arguments.
It not as straight forward as you say.

Armed forces and government enjoy a mutual beneficial relationship.

If push comes to shuv BA BAF and BN is more than capable of shaking off the pro India staff members.

If things were as much in Indian pocket as you say . Then Govt would have been comfortable saying that BD is buying Indian weapons and is allowing Indian Military to use BD territory for logistics use. It has not done so. Simply because they are scared that this will give the military a perfect excuse to unleash a coup .

No BD military members want close relationship with India. Rather its a relationship where Awami league is simply providing the military a lot of benefits and incentives to not fight the Awami league and Indian interests. When those incentives dry up, or the militaries interest is threatened and recieves foreign backup. BD military will not side with awami league any longer.
The issue is not ruling political party. They issue is corruption and criminal gangs. Your former Army Chief was not only corrupt but he was a bloody criminal. Pakistan also had bad share of Army Chiefs but your former one beats all of them. Also issue of Indian influence is really big problem.
Gen Aziz was stupid enough to get caught. PA has its own share of Aziz as well..

Corruption by men in uniform is something india pakistan and bangladesh share brotherhood in .

You are right on point.

All army administration are more or less corrupt in the subcontinent, but at least in PA it is (and possibly IA as well) a meritocracy as far as I know. Families having goonda thug sons do not produce Army Generals in Pakistan Army or Indian Army AFAIK. There is a lot more scrutiny before they rise to that level.

The fact that we had Aziz-Gate (and we can never shake down that stigma) is a black mark on Hasina's rule and legitimacy.

Scrutiny before promoting to General in the army is unfortunately not the case in Bangladesh, where personal political favors from PM herself appoints Generals (knowing full well that the person comes from questionable criminal complicity) and in fact the whole govt. (cabinet) is propped up not on meritocracy but largely on goonda political cadre thuggery of small and large varieties combined.

Our dirty India-compliant politics has now more or less politicized and corrupted the armed forces in turn (definitely the Army) whom we formerly considered a sanctified tower, a savior of our sovereignty...

Me questioning this is a sad admission that I do not do lightly, but with a heavy heart and enormous regret....

Last edited:
If things were as much in Indian pocket as you say . Then Govt would have been comfortable saying that BD is buying Indian weapons and is allowing Indian Military to use BD territory for logistics use. It has not done so. Simply because they are scared that this will give the military a perfect excuse to unleash a coup .

Bhai the days of coup d'états are gone, even in unstable African countries, much less a developing stable country like Bangladesh. Coups will not happen because the repercussions by large powers (excuse to invade and occupy) are too risky and large. A lot at stake actually. Bangladesh is not Darfur.

Things will happen under the covers, before it even approaches that possibility. So ultimately - Army has no power, in Bangladesh it has been more or less completely politicized. The Xanadu of idyllic independence that you think Bangladesh Army of, exists only in people's imaginations.

No BD military members want close relationship with India. Rather its a relationship where Awami league is simply providing the military a lot of benefits and incentives to not fight the Awami league and Indian interests. When those incentives dry up, or the militaries interest is threatened and recieves foreign backup. BD military will not side with awami league any longer.

BD military generals themselves are politically appointments by the PM herself. We saw what background Aziz had, his goonda thug brothers, convicted criminals. And the new General after Aziz also has underclass back ground but very closely aligned with Awami League (his dad who was a small time manager of Sheikh Hasina's relative who had a rice storage - gudam), didn't you see the video and Taj Hashmi's comments above? If anyone can refute these allegations, they can, let it stand up to scrutiny.

If Generals themselves are running under Hasina's orders, and go to New Delhi to take orders, as Taj Hashmi says (everyone knows this too), then where is the "independence" of the Bangladesh Army everyone says exists? The subject is a non-starter.

Gen Aziz was stupid enough to get caught. PA has its own share of Aziz as well..

Corruption by men in uniform is something india pakistan and bangladesh share brotherhood in .

PA may have corrupt officers (everyone is looking out for their own future - i.e. Akhir) but they AFAIK do not come from Goonda families. That is a whole other dimension brother. When you have criminals in your own family (like Aziz did) you have a weakness, and people (meaning those above you) can manipulate you. Like Hasina did.

Bhai the days of coup d'états are gone, even in unstable African countries, much less a developing stable country like Bangladesh. Coups will not happen because the repercussions by large powers (excuse to invade and occupy) are too risky and large. A lot at stake actually. Bangladesh is not Darfur.

Things will happen under the covers, before it even approaches that possibility.

BD military generals themselves are politically appointments by the PM herself. We saw what background Aziz had, his goonda thug brothers, convicted criminals. And the new General after Aziz also has underclass back ground but very closely aligned with Awami League (his dad who was a small time manager of Sheikh Hasina's relative who had a rice storage - gudam), didn't you see the video and Taj Hashmi's comments above? If anyone can refute these allegations, they can, let it stand up to scrutiny.

If Generals themselves are running under Hasina's orders, and go to New Delhi to take orders, as Taj Hashmi says (everyone knows this too), then where is the "independence" of the Bangladesh Army everyone says exists? The subject is a non-starter.

PA may have corrupt officers (everyone is looking out for their own future - i.e. Akhir) but they AFAIK do not come from Goonda families. That is a whole other dimension brother. When you have criminals in your own family (like Aziz did) you have a weakness, and people (meaning those above you) can manipulate you. Like Hasina did.
No one expects the generals of BA to oppose the Awami league or India.

If any opposition comes it will be from the rank of Col or below. Why would generals oppose the Awami league when they enjoy all the benefits? Mid - and low ranked officers are the work horse and dont get no where near they benefits compared to generals.

If BA gets the backing of a major power. What is stopping mid ranking officers from staging a coup ? very little . The mid -ranking officers can then get easy promotions and all the benefits that come..

Awami league should take steps to eliminate this threat posed by Mid ranking officers..

True . Gen Aziz is in a league of his own. But he has managed to upgrade the Army very much compared to what he inherited.

Wish someone would upgrade the Ansar.

BA and the rest of the armed forces are compromised to a degree but not to a critical level. BD needs a military intervention to completely liquidate to the last BAL scum and remove indian taint. Unfortunately there needs to be a creadible alternative to BAL who needs to takeover and that is missing at the moment. We can not have the army running politics, that would is always a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom