What's new

Bangladesh Army

Is Bangladesh army in Lebanon or is it just the navy for the UN mission.

I want Bangladesh army to fight the israelis at least once in my lifetime.

Why would we put our people in harms way fighting someone elses war?

You want to fight the israelies you are free to do so but its rather bizzare that you want to put BD lives on the line for fun...

Why are we getting VT5s?? It has steel armor that any modern APFSDS will penetrate..type 59 has very old composite armor that any modern apfsds will penetrate...what purpose will it serve that type59(durjoy) couldn't?? VT5 with armor package weighs around 36tonnes...type 59 weighs around the same at basic config...how much could the era and the new gun possibly add? 4 tonnes?? durjoy still has a bigger gun...the only upside I see is that VT5 has better power to weight ratio...is that it? or are there any other upsides?

Why are we getting VT5s?? It has steel armor that any modern APFSDS will penetrate..type 59 has very old composite armor that any modern apfsds will penetrate...what purpose will it serve that type59(durjoy) couldn't?? VT5 with armor package weighs around 36tonnes...type 59 weighs around the same at basic config...how much could the era and the new gun possibly add? 4 tonnes?? durjoy still has a bigger gun...the only upside I see is that VT5 has better power to weight ratio...is that it? or are there any other upsides?

VT5 was specifically designed to be nimble in traversing mountaineous terrain.

Though if you asked me, I'd prefer a wheeled tank over any tracked vehicle any day, for that role. Way more nimble in turning circles than any tracked vehicle.

This is a Centauro B1T (Italy). JASDF has a similar vehicle, but as we all know - Japan does not sell defence items to other countries. Even if they did, they'd be much more expensive than other competitive items worldwide.

iu

Last edited:
VT5 was specifically designed to be nimble in traversing mountaineous terrain.

Though if you asked me, I'd prefer a wheeled tank over any tracked vehicle any day, for that role. Way more nimble in turning circles than any tracked vehicle.

This is a Centauro B1T (Italy). JASDF has a similar vehicle, but as we all know - Japan does not sell defence items to other countries. Even if they did, they'd be much more expensive than other competitive items worldwide.

iu

what do you mean???
tracked vehicles could turning 360 degrees without moving forward an inch.
German example:

though tracked vehicles have a lower top speed, over rough terrain, tracked vehicles are actually faster.
VT5 is meant for high altitudes and very rough terrain ,in such a situation it could run circles around something like the type-59, since its engines are optimize to keep providing high power at such altitudes while something like the type-59 might lose 40% of its engine power.

what do you mean???
German example:

though tracked vehicles have a lower top speed, over rough terrain, tracked vehicles are actually faster.
VT5 is meant for high altitudes and very rough terrain ,in such a situation it could run circles around something like the type-59, since its engines are optimize to keep providing high power at such altitudes while something like the type-59 might lose 40% of its engine power.
Bangladesh is pretty flat...how would you compare vt5 and type 59 at regular altitude?

what do you mean???
German example:

Good points my man. I stand corrected.

I guess both wheeled and tracked have their pluses and minuses.

In top speed, wheeled vehicles (with airless tyres) can reach over 100 KMPH very easily, older tracked tanks, not so much. This agility will help in certain types of scenarios and terrain. Maybe not the mountain scenario as much, unless the platform is really small, which brings into focus the PTL02.

PTL02 Export Model aka WMA301
PTL02 Export model WMA301

This vehicle (PTL02 Export model WMA301) is in service with Cameroon, Chad, Djibouti and Myanmar. It has a 100 mm Tank Destroyer gun.

The PTL02 (nee WMA 301) is very light (in the vicinity of 20 tons), so ideal for traversing mountain trails.

When I saw this, my thoughts immediately raced to the Cockerill 105mm turrets offered for various platforms. That if integrated to this hull, would be an ideal mountain platform which can use NATO high performance ammunition, even missiles fired from the gun are available.

https://johncockerill.com/en/press-...nstrated-its-gun-launched-missile-capability/
Bangladesh is pretty flat...how would you compare vt5 and type 59 at regular altitude?

@Anubis Bhai, VT5 was purchased for Chittagong Hill Tracts and border with Myanmar.

Why are we getting VT5s??
or are there any other upsides?

Cause the other offers weren't better. I think multiple armor configurations, delivery and local Durjoy upgrade mattered in the deal. Philippine didn't choose the Turkish one either. You can check the old discussion.

There are new videos describing the new Army Chief. Apparently the guy is a full Hasina compliant guy, and no less of an India shill than Aziz was. A very big disappointment for Bangladeshis since this guy was called to new Delhi to get their directives last June 2020 and was also complicit in some criminal activity just like Aziz. Dr. Taj Hashmi explains (sorry Bengali only),

Truly sad, that all qualified people have left Bangladesh, so thugs and thieves are running Bangladesh at high levels.

In some ways Dr. Taj Hashmi's description is hilarious. :-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom