What's new

Bangladesh Army

T34 was one of the most important reasons Russians won the war against the invading Nazi forces and pushed them back. Superb design - though unreliable, they made so many T-34's in so many factories, Nazis simply couldn't keep up.
In the beginning of the war engine wouldn’t last 500 miles but by the end of the war a drive from Moscow to Berlin was possible without breakdowns. That engines forms the basis of many subsequent tanks... t54, 62, early 72s and 80 with diesel plant.

In the beginning of the war engine wouldn’t last 500 miles but by the end of the war a drive from Moscow to Berlin was possible without breakdowns. That engines forms the basis of many subsequent tanks... t54, 62, early 72s and 80 with diesel plant.

I believe they tried a turbine with the T80 too, a la Abrams? :-)

You know Sherman was also powered with a rotary aircraft engine.

Army Aviation Group will get some new toys apparently :

FB_IMG_1596968167210.jpg

Source : Defseca.

Army Aviation Group will get some new toys apparently :

View attachment 659777

Source : Defseca.

I will be very surprised if they get new IL-76 (the IL-76MD90A version with new engines). Maybe refurbished.

iu

The tri-engine Falcon 8X (size leader among Falcon jets) will also be a surprise. Probably a means to carry high officials in low profile long distance missions overseas without having them use public transport like Biman or Emirates. But this is maintenance-wise a white elephant. Really expensive for what you get.

I'd actually choose the Embraer converted business-interior-equipped smaller jets instead of the Falcon 8X. Falcon 8X will cost somewhere north of $55 Million. For that price you can easily get a business-interior configured smaller Embraer E2 jet (E175-E2) or Airbus A220 jet. Or even a refurbished Airbus A318 business jet for that amount (which is used by droves of Emirs and Sultans from Gulf states). These corporate business jets are much more reliable (larger commercial high MTBO engines which is in much more common airline use) and preferred because of easier/cheaper parts availability).

Another plus point is that you can fit in three times the number of delegates in these commercial business jets (yes, even in luxury seating configuration). If Hasina got one of these - she won't need to use Biman 787's anymore. Most large heads of states in Europe and Asia use these, they don't use commercial airliners.

For my money - I'd bet on the Embraer E175 E2, from a country (Brazil) which is a great potential business partner to our country in South America.

E175-E2
iu

Airbus A220 (actually made in Canada by Bombardier, which was bought by Airbus).
iu

Last edited:
I will be very surprised if they get new IL-76 (the IL-76MD90A version with new engines). Maybe refurbished.

iu

The tri-engine Falcon 8X (size leader among Falcon jets) will also be a surprise. Probably a means to carry high officials in low profile long distance missions overseas without having them use public transport like Biman or Emirates. But this is maintenance-wise a white elephant. Really expensive for what you get.

I'd actually choose the Embraer converted business-interior-equipped smaller jets instead of the Falcon 8X. Falcon 8X will cost somewhere north of $55 Million. For that price you can easily get a business-interior configured smaller Embraer E2 jet (E175-E2) or Airbus A220 jet. Or even a refurbished Airbus A318 business jet for that amount (which is used by droves of Emirs and Sultans from Gulf states). These corporate business jets are much more reliable (larger commercial high MTBO engines which is in much more common airline use) and preferred because of easier/cheaper parts availability).

Another plus point is that you can fit in three times the number of delegates in these commercial business jets (yes, even in luxury seating configuration). If Hasina got one of these - she won't need to use Biman 787's anymore. Most large heads of states in Europe and Asia use these, they don't use commercial airliners.

For my money - I'd bet on the Embraer E175 E2, from a country (Brazil) which is a great potential business partner to our country in South America.

E175-E2
iu

Airbus A220 (actually made in Canada by Bombardier, which was bought by Airbus).
iu
A320 solely made in Canada nowadays? I thought they had production line in china

A320 solely made in Canada nowadays? I thought they had production line in china

No - talking about A220, much smaller than A320. A220 is new designation of the Bombardier CSeries (C100 and C300) which are made in Canada (Montreal). It competes in the regional market (under 100 seats capacity) with Embraer E-jet series, Mitsubishi Space jet, Sukhoi SSJ 100 etc. 100 seats plus is market for Boeing 737 and A320.

Here are A320 and A220 noses side by side. A220 is quite smaller.

iu

Airbus A320, A321, A319 and A318 are made in Toulouse France (final assembly I believe), smaller assembly line exists in Tianjin, China for local market.

They also have a facility in Mobile, Alabama for local assembly of A320 and A220.

https://alabamanewscenter.com/2019/...hiring-of-600-new-workers-for-alabama-growth/

Last edited:
If Mr. Ashiq is correct then Bangladesh VT-5 will be equipped with Bar armor and ERA as in the picture. I suspect however that this may be PLA domestic specs. Bangladesh may choose aftermarket Russian ERA which it may have chosen before.
China has kontakt 5 equivalent ERAs probably will get those? What you think?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom