What's new

Bangladesh Army

Do post figures if you find

T-90A uses KONTAKT ERA armor, T-90MS (Indian use) uses RELIKT ERA and the T-14 Armata uses the newest Russian ERA, MALAKIT. Of course KONTAKT is the oldest, MALAKIT is the newest.

Look at this excerpt from this article about the Chinese ERA similar to Russian RELIKT,

"Protection:

The Type 99 benefits both from composite armor, and Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA), bricks of explosives onto the tank that prematurely detonate incoming shells. The new (Chinese) Type 99A2 variant uses a multi-layered system thought to be similar to the Relikt ERA developed by Russia, which uses a radar to detonate the ERA before hostile shells impact. It is intended to defeat tandem-charge missiles capable of overcoming older-generation ERA.

The T-90A uses the older Kontakt-5 ERA, while the new T-90MS tanks serving in India sport the Relikt system. Though most effective against anti-tank missiles, both systems also diminish the penetrating power of tank shells.

The Type 99 also comes with a Laser Warning Receiver which warns the tank commander if his vehicle is being painted with hostile targeting lasers, affording the driver a chance to back away out of danger. Given all the videos from Syria and Yemen of tanks sitting obliviously as anti-tank missiles meander towards them (often taking 20 seconds or more to impact), this could significantly improve survivability.

The Type 99 also is believed to come with its own unique high-powered ‘dazzler’ laser designed to jam laser- and infrared-guided missiles, damage enemy sights, and blind the eyes of hostile gunners, possibly with a permanent effect. Fortunately, high-power tank-mounted dazzlers have never been used in combat before, so we have no idea how well they would work."

T-90A uses KONTAKT ERA armor, T-90MS (Indian use) uses RELIKT ERA and the T-14 Armata uses the newest Russian ERA, MALAKIT. Of course KONTAKT is the oldest, MALAKIT is the newest.

Look at this excerpt from this article about the Chinese ERA similar to Russian RELIKT,

"Protection:

The Type 99 benefits both from composite armor, and Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA), bricks of explosives onto the tank that prematurely detonate incoming shells. The new (Chinese) Type 99A2 variant uses a multi-layered system thought to be similar to the Relikt ERA developed by Russia, which uses a radar to detonate the ERA before hostile shells impact. It is intended to defeat tandem-charge missiles capable of overcoming older-generation ERA.

The T-90A uses the older Kontakt-5 ERA, while the new T-90MS tanks serving in India sport the Relikt system. Though most effective against anti-tank missiles, both systems also diminish the penetrating power of tank shells.

The Type 99 also comes with a Laser Warning Receiver which warns the tank commander if his vehicle is being painted with hostile targeting lasers, affording the driver a chance to back away out of danger. Given all the videos from Syria and Yemen of tanks sitting obliviously as anti-tank missiles meander towards them (often taking 20 seconds or more to impact), this could significantly improve survivability.

The Type 99 also is believed to come with its own unique high-powered ‘dazzler’ laser designed to jam laser- and infrared-guided missiles, damage enemy sights, and blind the eyes of hostile gunners, possibly with a permanent effect. Fortunately, high-power tank-mounted dazzlers have never been used in combat before, so we have no idea how well they would work."
Wow I didn’t even know armata’s ERA are not continuation of relikt family of armors, although I’m very skeptical of Chinese claims of their armor equivalent to relikt, Russians claim the Chinese variants are comparable to kontakt 5... I would like to see RHA performance figures of the Chinese ERA, although I found no such data

Wow I didn’t even know armata’s ERA are not continuation of relikt family of armors, although I’m very skeptical of Chinese claims of their armor equivalent to relikt, Russians claim the Chinese variants are comparable to kontakt 5... I would like to see RHA performance figures of the Chinese ERA, although I found no such data

Not just ERA, Armata pioneered every system as brand new. Even the place where the crew sits is relocated all the way to the front. All guns and cannons are operated remotely. Even if the turret gets blown off - the crew are safe in an armored pod.

iu

https://tanknutdave.com/armata-t14-main-battle-tank/

These Armata platforms (T14 and T15) in some ways are way ahead of the latest Abrams and certainly ahead of the American APV's and other armored carriers like the latest Bradleys and Strykers.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Lieutenant Zawad for his great achievement from "The Royal Military Academy Sandhrust". This young Army Officer is an asset of Bangladesh Army who ranked third in "Top Three" and among all foreign army officers in a combined merit list for a military training program. He also achieved top rank among Asian army officers.

© Dr. Enamul Haque

118073859_711452306099141_7060153061170358818_n.jpg

Congratulations to Lieutenant Zawad for his great achievement from "The Royal Military Academy Sandhrust". This young Army Officer is an asset of Bangladesh Army who ranked third in "Top Three" and among all foreign army officers in a combined merit list for a military training program. He also achieved top rank among Asian army officers.

© Dr. Enamul Haque

118073859_711452306099141_7060153061170358818_n.jpg

Here is another picture of him :

87857367_2617613678522335_4905297391600533504_o.jpg

From their FB page.

You know apparently they changed the flag and moved the red disc to the left so that when it’s flying, it looks centered. Idk what kind of eye condition the flag guy was going through, the offset red disc really pisses me off
LOL...the badge design is off. The leftward offset of the red circle is meant to be slight (1/20th of the total length):
Screenshot_20200819-185351_Samsung Internet.jpg

You know apparently they changed the flag and moved the red disc to the left so that when it’s flying, it looks centered. Idk what kind of eye condition the flag guy was going through, the offset red disc really pisses me off

Yeah, it's a proper eye sore alright, I couldn't help but notice it everytime I looked at the photograph.

The red disc is also too large, not in proportion with the rest of the flag.

Clown should be schooled.

This Noakhailla never learns does he, he's attacking SAK now while lying through his teeth himself.

Good Lord, practically whoring around for views and I'm sure he reads PDF :nana:.

Yeah, it's a proper eye sore alright, I couldn't help but notice it everytime I looked at the photograph.

The red disc is also too large, not in proportion with the rest of the flag.

Clown should be schooled.
Should be hanged for trolling the people who designed the OG flag

This Noakhailla never learns does he, he's attacking SAK now while lying through his teeth himself.

Good Lord, practically whoring around for views and I'm sure he reads PDF :nana:.

So - Project Bajra is still alive then? I will be quite surprised...:-)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom