What's new

Bangladesh Army

Bd airspace is vulnerable as we speak.... it’s duck open... so is the army and navy... duck open to get bombed from the air... air force should stop playing around and get serious. If anything they should be ashamed where they’re now compared to navy.... back in the days navy was small rust buckets.

And their isn't much they can do about it with the budget gov. can spare for Air Force. Air Force is big ticket thing. 'তেল কম কিন্তু ভাজা মচমচে" it doesn't work that way in reality. Even the lowest end fighters costs more than $30 million per unit these days. Considering the state they were in, I would say they made good progress in last ten years.

And their isn't much they can do about it with the budget gov. can spare for Air Force. Air Force is big ticket thing. 'তেল কম কিন্তু ভাজা মচমচে" it doesn't work that way in reality. Even the lowest end fighters costs more than $30 million per unit these days. Considering the state they were in, I would say they made good progress in last ten years.

True what you say to some extent.

However why have 24 YAK-130 trainers and 16 K-8 trainers been ordered and not a single modern fighter aircraft since Awami League came to power in 2009?

It would make more sense to have only ordered 12 YAK-130 trainers and spent the saved money on 12 Sukhoi fighter planes. The money was made available to BAF but they decided to go for just trainers!

24 YAK-130 trainers and 16 K-8
23 now, Russia will give the money back for one but I would have gone for another plane instead.
I don’t understand why buy so many trainers when there is no fighters.... 16 would have been way more than enough.

23 now, Russia will give the money back for one but I would have gone for another plane instead.
I don’t understand why buy so many trainers when there is no fighters.... 16 would have been way more than enough.

The only logical thing, apart from Indian influence on Awami League which cannot be proved, is that BAF is taking this " Forces Goal 2030" to literally mean modernise by 2030 and not worry about operational capability in the meantime. So order huge numbers of trainers first and only then start buying fighters like the tender for 8+4 MRCA earlier this year.
At least BAF will not need to order any more trainers for another decade now.:D

The only logical thing, apart from Indian influence on Awami League which cannot be proved, is that BAF is taking this " Forces Goal 2030" to literally mean modernise by 2030 and not worry about operational capability in the meantime. So order huge numbers of trainers first and only then start buying fighters like the tender for 8+4 MRCA earlier this year.
At least BAF will not need to order any more trainers for another decade now.:D
Make that two decades and a huge pool of trained fighter pilots. ;)

True what you say to some extent.

However why have 24 YAK-130 trainers and 16 K-8 trainers been ordered and not a single modern fighter aircraft since Awami League came to power in 2009?

It would make more sense to have only ordered 12 YAK-130 trainers and spent the saved money on 12 Sukhoi fighter planes. The money was made available to BAF but they decided to go for just trainers!
I don't understand what the fvck is wrong with BAF. They even brought f-7s when people were buying 5th gen fighters!!

No, it would have been the opposite. BAF needs to train pilots before the birds arrive. Moreover, Yak-130 can also fight although the main purpose is to train pilots in 4G+ and 5G planes. We should not do Arabistan style where the countries buy billions of dollars worth of armaments, but these catch rust because there are few trained people who can use them.

Bd airspace is vulnerable as we speak.... it’s duck open... so is the army and navy... duck open to get bombed from the air... airforce should stop playing around and get serious. If anything they should be ashamed where they’re now compared to navy.... back in the days navy was small rust buckets.
I think, short, medium, and long range SAMs are more needed immediately when considered our constrained purse instead of dreaming 5G planes within a short period. And the GoB is going ahead with SAMs before it finalizes the types and unit costs of new planes. If the govt decides to induct planes quickly, the prices will shoot up.

No, it would have been the opposite. BAF needs to train pilots before the birds arrive. Moreover, Yak-130 can also fight although the main purpose is to train pilots in 4G+ and 5G planes. We should not do Arabistan style where the countries buy billions of dollars worth of armaments, but these catch rust because there are few trained people who can use them.

I think, short, medium, and long range SAMs are more needed immediately when considered our constrained purse instead of dreaming 5G planes within a short period. And the GoB is going ahead with SAMs before it finalizes the types and unit costs of new planes. If the govt decides to induct planes quickly, the prices will shoot up.
SAMS are still expensive when you consider you want to protect a late area very well, in this case we must look at vietnam or Czechoslovakia... build a impenetrable air defense like them consisting of AA guns radars and SAMs with AA guns in large numbers.

SAMS are still expensive when you consider you want to protect a late area very well, in this case we must look at vietnam or Czechoslovakia... build a impenetrable air defense like them consisting of AA guns radars and SAMs with AA guns in large numbers.

To provide the kind of protection that even 12 SU-30s can provide, you would need to spend many billions on short, medium and long range SAM systems. While it is a little late BD will soon induct 8+4 SU-30SMEs and the LY-80 medium range SAM.

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
TYPE-56 SKS with Sniper Scope
BA used to use these rifles post 1971,basically as training Sniper rifles বাংলাদেশ সেনাবাহিনী স্বাধীনতা পরবর্তী সময়ে এগুলো স্নাইপার হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হতো।
এগুলো মুলত ট্রেনিং স্নাইপার হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হত।
এগুলোর সর্বোচ্চ ফায়ারিং রেঞ্জ ছিলো ৪০০-৬০০ মিটার।
বর্তমানে বাংলাদেশ সেনাবাহিনী পৃথিবীর সেরা স্নাইপার রাইফেলগুলো ব্যবহার করে থাকে।

Old is Gold...
22555120_1503050929783335_8664429216521802474_n.jpg

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:Our most trusted old best buddies.We could strip the weapon with our Eyes blindfolded and reassemble them, in less than a minute, full clip loaded. The last officer,as penalty, had to feed the rest of the officers with paratha & Chicken fry at the mess,at his expense.

22550058_1503052816449813_5437141456635995236_n.jpg

BA used to use these rifles post 1971,basically as training Sniper rifles বাংলাদেশ সেনাবাহিনী স্বাধীনতা পরবর্তী সময়ে এগুলো স্নাইপার হিসেবে ব্যবহৃত হতো।

Old is Gold...

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:Our most trusted old best buddies.We could strip the weapon with our Eyes blindfolded and reassemble them, in less than a minute, full clip loaded. The last officer,as penalty, had to feed the rest of the officers with paratha & Chicken fry at the mess,at his expense.

View attachment 432670

Old is Gold...

View attachment 432670

OLD IS GOLD plus THIS SNIPER ARE VERY RELIABLE

বাংলাদেশের সবচেয়ে বড় অস্ত্র কারখানা
Bangladesh Ordnance Factories

photo.jpg

Defense Update Bangladesh
Published on Oct 23, 2017
Bangladesh had very little defense equipment manufacturing facilities. Most are, state owned.
Among them is Bangladesh Ordnance Factories (BOF), the largest one, established in 1979 with Chinese assistance. Subsequently, in the 80s the facility has been renovated and expanded.
Presently, BOF manufacturing various kind of small weapons i.e BD-08 assault rifle, BD-14 General Purpose Machine Guns, Heckler & Koch G-3 Battle Rifle, Arges BD-84 Hand Grenades, FN-16 MANPADS and other products.
Most of the ammunitions needed for the Armed Forces, Para Military, Police,etc of Bangladesh are being produced in this Ordnance Factories.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom