What's new

Bangladesh Army

Nope, no government( either BNP or BAL) will not say a single syllable in case of a war between the two. The taking sides is just absurd & self destructive & both the parties knows it.

In case anyone haven't noticed, it will be a major breech of our constitution & our long standing foreign policy of non alignment & neutrality in internationally polarising matters.

Anyway this discussion is offtopic in this thread, so I will refrain from further replies.

@Samurai_assassin @monitor
It relates to BD military and their position on regional affairs.

It relates to BD military and their position on regional affairs.
Yes, it indeed is a matter to BD defence & strategy, but not particularly related to BD Army.

And as a constitutional democracy army is just a arm to the democratic government, so they don't have the freedom or privilege to decide by themselves rather follow the decision of the legislative/executive branch of the state. So no BD Army won't do anything or say anything in case of a war among our two neighbors. I hope that clears up your questions.

Yes, it indeed is a matter to BD defence & strategy, but not particularly related to BD Army.

And as a constitutional democracy army is just a arm to the democratic government, so they don't have the freedom or privilege to decide by themselves rather follow the decision of the legislative/executive branch of the state. So no BD Army won't do anything or say anything in case of a war among our two neighbors. I hope that clears up your questions.
Well Mrs Hassina is extremely anti Pakistani and the current head is state. She has a powerful government and who knows she may just edge BD army to side with India.

Well Mrs Hassina is extremely anti Pakistani and the current head is state. She has a powerful government and who knows she may just edge BD army to side with India.
Again a big no.
Google & read the news on her stance on the recent LOC clashes. It's also posted in PDF. You might have to dig a bit. You will understand how BD as a state works.
I won't repliy further.Regards.

Again a big no.
Google & read the news on her stance on the recent LOC clashes. It's also posted in PDF. You might have to dig a bit. You will understand how BD as a state works.
I won't repliy further.Regards.
We can only hope for the best but BD should not depend on India too much.

Some of the very recent structural and procuring related development by Bangladesh Army this year:
- Work is progressing fast for establishing the new Infantry Division in Lebukhali-Patuakhali near Payra deep sea port. A lot of equipment has already been ordered, supply will begin next year.
- 100 x Tri-Shark speed boats with OBMs have been ordered for the new Riverine Infantry Brigade at Mithamoin. This is of course following Type A LCU tender.
- 5000 x NIV Bullet Proof (PASGT) type Combat Helmets with ear protection, with compatibility for NVG mount (Monocular and Binocular), microphone and radio-telephone system.
- 2562 x Head to Head communication set (personal radio set) along with head phone and mouth piece, radio set to be fixed with the arm. Communication range: 1000m close urban area and 1500m in open terrain.
- 1952 x GPS with 4 hour battery back up and water proof for 30 minutes. Should be able to generate report in Military Grid reference (GR) system, should be available to store picture and to load digital map used by Bangladesh Army.
- 300 x Walkie Talkie sets with accessories.
- 4 x Engineer sweeping equipment, 2 x bomb disposal equipment, 2 x Improvised Explosive Device disposal equipment.
- 2 x CIED Robot & large Robot Platform, 2 x Bomb Jammer (cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth), 2x Portable Explosive Detector.
- 26,250 bandoleers for BD-08 and Type 56 - This means its for a new infantry division as an infantry division has 24,000 members.
- $11 million deal with Australian manufacturer Barrett Communications for UHF and HF radio sets.
- Equipment for Special Forces Command with Paracommandos and Airborne brigades. Usually this means a squadron of airborne capable tanks, ultra-light 155mm artillery, helicopters, big transport aircraft, night vision devices, anti-tank weapons, MANPADS, sniper rifles, ATGM, mortars and other types of equipment.
#BangladeshArmy #BA
Shared by: Bangladesh Defence

I don't think all these equipments are going to raise a single division.
We are raising three new divisions simultaneously.

+10'th Division :- Ramu
+17'th Division :- Sylhet
+ xx' th Division :- Patuakhali( Just declared,still on the planning phase,physical work to raise will take six seven months)

So lots of new units to equip. I think they are dividing the numbers in three parts. Every part is going to a different division to start up.

Last year I posted that SF/Para/Airborne strength will be raised to a full brigade strength. Looks like the initial proposal have been accepted by gov.

So time for next step of my hints. Prepare to see a full airborne division by 2025 & 1 Para will have few more brothers in arms & raised to a full brigade. :cheesy:

SF units in Brigade level instead of Division level by 2021.:cheesy: :enjoy:

Cheers. :cheers:

+ xx' th Division :- Patuakhali( Just declared,still on the planning phase,physical work to raise will take six seven months)

So lots of new units to equip. I think they are dividing the numbers in three parts. Every part is going to a different division to start up.

Last year I posted that SF/Para/Airborne strength will be raised to a full brigade strength. Looks like the initial proposal have been accepted by gov.

So time for next step of my hints. Prepare to see a full airborne division by 2025 & 1 Para will have few more brothers in arms & raised to a full brigade. :cheesy:

:guns::guns::guns::guns::help::help::help:

Dayum son. :o:

So by 2025 what will be the size of Bangladeshi Army I want to know only about active soldiers not reserve ?

how many tactical transport aircraft you had, 2 to 4 hercules is not enough to cater the needs of 1 full strength para brigades.....

need at least 32 hercules and 32 CN235 for full brigade assault along with logistic dropping

aksi-jet-tempur-sukhoi-tni-au-jatuhkan-bom-dari-udara-008-nfi.jpg

how many tactical transport aircraft you had, 2 to 4 hercules is not enough to cater the needs of 1 full strength para brigades.....

need at least 32 hercules and 32 CN235 for full brigade assault along with logistic dropping

View attachment 357746
have 4 hercules 3 An-32 and 3 L-410 are in store.
4 more hercules join within 2018, 2 CN235-300 and 1 C-295W also in order. more will be aircraft will be ordered
What's the current estimate 300k?
Current estimate has not touched 300K I think. My guess its around the range of 250K-275K. However, I am being very modest in my guess and can be wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom