What's new

Bangladesh Army

It's a 125... that's standard AP shell caliber for every tanks
But there is also a 120mm that's used as an alternative that has been selected for this tank.

Which one... also can you post details about the upgrade... i do know that Pak offered the AZ upgrade.

Chinese do have a 120mm smoothbore, which was used on the type 89 tank destroyer.

125 mm gun.

The same as on the MBT 2000.

Mbt-2000 uses a Chinese smoothbore ...

Mbt-2000 is an export version of AK.. Which uses a Pakistani smoothbore based on the KBA3.

Which one... also can you post details about the upgrade... i do know that Pak offered the AZ upgrade.
In 2008 the deal was made with Pakistan for 300 tanks... I think that didn't happen after hasina came to power... these tanks were upgraded in house with help of norinco.

120mm from 100mm
850hp from 540 (which is impressive considering the size of engine bay and its weight. It's pretty nimble now)
Digital fire control
NBC suit
Haven't talked about what kind of loader it's using... considering it's a 120. I think it's a semi or complete automatic loader instead of an ancient rammer.
Suspension is beefed as you can see from pictures
Era protection added...

We can only no more exactly at 16th December or if announced to the public.

In 2008 the deal was made with Pakistan for 300 tanks... I think that didn't happen after hasina came to power... these tanks were upgraded in house with help of norinco.

120mm from 100mm
850hp from 540 (which is impressive considering the size of engine bay and its weight. It's pretty nimble now)
Digital fire control
NBC suit
Haven't talked about what kind of loader it's using... considering it's a 120. I think it's a semi or complete automatic loader instead of an ancient rammer.
Suspension is beefed as you can see from pictures
Era protection added...

We can only no more exactly at 16th December or if announced to the public.

If HIT had been selected NORINCO wouldn't have been involved .. Because the AZ upgrade uses Pakistani and some European (Italian) subsystems not Chinese.

If HIT had been selected NORINCO wouldn't have been involved .. Because the AZ upgrade uses Pakistani and some European (Italian) subsystems not Chinese.
Due to politics... not all tanks upgraded to same specs I believe. Because Pakistan was to provide tank kits of 300 tanks.
Let's see what they say in 16th December. Because Bangladeshis seem to be least interested in military news etc.

Really impressed by the new look of ISSB, Reminds me of EARLY 1976, in my late teens,and the tin shed barracks where we were accommodated for the FINAL series of selection tests for 4 days+ nights WHERE WE had to undergo a series of physical,mental, psychological,written and team leadership qualities.

THE RAGRA we received upon reaching BMA, and the sewerage gutters we were made to crawl through,seems to have disappeared totally. We never saw a computer,ever in BMA, NOW A MAJESTIC COMPLEX.

Incidentally, upon being commissioned as an officer, my Brigade HQ, (ALSO IN A TIN SHED) was right opposite the the then ISSB.TIN SHEDS ..THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS

Last edited:
Chinese and Russians use 125mm... Never heard of a 120mm.

Smoothbore
Main article: Smooth bore
In the 1960s smooth bore tank guns were developed by the Soviet Union and later by the experimental USFRG MBT-70 project. Based on their experience with the gun/missile system of the BMP-1, the Soviets produced the T-64 B main battle tank, with an auto-loaded 2A46 125 mm smoothbore high-velocity tank gun, capable of firing APFSDS ammunition as well as ATGMs.

Similar guns continue to be used in the latest Russian T-90, Ukrainian T-84, and Serbian M-84AS MBTs. The German company Rheinmetall developed a more conventional 120 mm smoothbore tank gun which can fire LAHAT missiles, adopted for the Leopard 2, and later the U.S. M1 Abrams. The chief advantages of smooth bore designs are their greater suitability for fin stabilised ammunition and their greatly reduced barrel wear compared with rifled designs. Much of the difference in operation between smooth bore and rifled guns shows in the type of secondary ammunition that they fire, with a smooth bore gun being ideal for firing HEAT rounds (although specially designed HEAT rounds can be fired from rifled guns) and rifling being necessary to fire HESH rounds.

Most modern main battle tanks now mount a smoothbore gun. A notable exception are the tanks of the British Army which used the 120mm Royal Ordnance L11A5 rifled gun until the 1990s; it was then replaced it with the 120mm L30 rifled gun which remains in service.
The Indian Arjun tank uses an Indian-developed 120mm rifled gun.

The United Nations requests Bangladesh for a infantry battalion composed of 850 personnel for a peacekeeping mission in Sudan.
United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) in a letter to the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh to the UN recently urged the government to contribute with a coordinated infantry battalion composed of 850 personnel, said a press release of the permanent mission today.
The battalion has to be deployed within the shortest possible time to meet the immediate requirement in Wau area of South Sudan, said the release.
The government of Bangladesh has promptly accepted the offer and necessary preparations are underway for the speedy and smooth deployment.
Bangladesh also received offer of contributing an Engineering Company of 260 personnel last month. Both the compliments are expected to be deployed shortly under “United Nations Mission in South Sudan” (UNMISS).
The release said these offers have been received on the basis of pledges that were made by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina during “Leaders’ Summit on Peacekeeping” in September last year in New York.
#UNPK #Sudan #UNMISS #BangladeshArmy
Shared by: Bangladesh Defence

Back
Top Bottom