What's new

Bangladesh Army

to have so many para formations with little transport assets, how your Armed forces transport unit managed to do their rotation between training, maintenance and other duty like dropping logistics and became part of HDR teams formation? how much your para battalion getting paradrop assault training trough real jumps training per year?

well rigorous training will stressed up much of your transport assets into such level....
I have to ask around a bit for the numbers of drops the have to do to maintain the "para" standard. But numerous training sessions are being carried out every year. Also C 130 's from USAF also takes part in joint training sessions every year. There is some videos posted of those in this thread, you can check them out.

As you have noticed that our current tactical lifters are nowhere close to our actual needs, atleast one C130 is standby all the time, one in deployment, one in maintainance. Also An 32 & Turbolet 410 fleet is ready any moment for training sessions. When I was in the area it was almost every other day I would be seeing a training flight & jumps. The rotation is pretty intense & regular.

our current fleet :
*3 C130
*3 AN 32
* 4 Turbolet 410E

On order -

*3 Cn 235
*4 C130 through EDA.

Last edited:
Bangladesh Army Special Force
15349660_1171306386310264_4303145086715616137_n.jpg

Bangladesh Army Aviation Mi-171sh
15400983_1171305466310356_2678498569212933187_n.jpg

Bangladesh Army Paratrooper
15319091_1171301962977373_8038743948131337945_n.jpg

Bangladesh Army Tank and APC

15326121_1167544110019825_8803237496281996912_o.jpg

Bangladesh Army Nora B-52 firing

15288636_1167543280019908_3741554864822959882_o.jpg

Bangladesh Army MBRL
15235467_1167543053353264_593531633539514108_o.jpg

Bangladesh Army Sniper
15232336_1160084777432425_732401054767955109_n.jpg

I have to ask around a bit for the numbers of drops the have to do to maintain the "para" standard. But numerous training sessions are being carried out every year. Also C 130 's from USAF also takes part in joint training sessions every year. There is some videos posted of those in this thread, you can check them out.

As you have noticed that our current tactical lifters are nowhere close to our actual needs, atleast one C130 is standby all the time, one in deployment, one in maintainance. Also An 32 & Turbolet 410 fleet is ready any moment for training sessions. When I was in the area it was almost every other day I would be seeing a training flight & jumps. The rotation is pretty intense & regular.

our current fleet :
*3 C130
*3 AN 32
* 4 Turbolet 410E

On order -

*3 Cn 235
*4 C130 through EDA.
4th c-130 in UN mission yeah?

our current fleet :
*3 C130
*3 AN 32
* 4 Turbolet 410E

On order -

*3 Cn 235
*4 C130 through EDA.

hmm the number of dropping exercise per year to maintain the skills and proficiency among para units is vary from country to country. In my country, the number will vary between units as example, Kopassus pathfinder will occassionaly to do training jumps at least once per month.... meanwhile regular Para units like 17th Brigade will do massive jumping twice a year

4th c-130 in UN mission yeah?

No, we have only three. One serves UN duty in rotation. It isn't a permanent deployment.

hmm the number of dropping exercise per year to maintain the skills and proficiency among para units is vary from country to country. In my country, the number will vary between units as example, Kopassus pathfinder will occassionaly to do training jumps at least once per month.... meanwhile regular Para units like 17th Brigade will do massive jumping twice a year

The basic para training consists of total 9 jumps in three weeks, 1 nighttime, 8 daytime jumps. After successful compilation of 9 jymps one aarchives the 'Eagle'.

I suppose regular para units does two major training session every year. One indepedantly, one joint session with the USAF. Special units of course has to undertake more jumps & training sessions.

Really impressed by the new look of ISSB, Reminds me of EARLY 1976, in my late teens,and the tin shed barracks where we were accommodated for the FINAL series of selection tests for 4 days+ nights WHERE WE had to undergo a series of physical,mental, psychological,written and team leadership qualities.

THE RAGRA we received upon reaching BMA, and the sewerage gutters we were made to crawl through,seems to have disappeared totally. We never saw a computer,ever in BMA, NOW A MAJESTIC COMPLEX.

Incidentally, upon being commissioned as an officer, my Brigade HQ, (ALSO IN A TIN SHED) was right opposite the the then ISSB.TIN SHEDS ..THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS

Still exists at PMA;

2afbrkn.jpg

Police commandos ;

issb encyclopedia 66.jpg
20120_467049363341338_187108580_n.jpg
ragraf.jpg

And even at Cadet colleges in Pak.

Last edited:
news: BD army is on the process of purchasing amphibious assault tank since only ZTD05 light tank is available tank in such category, we might see this chinese tank

news: BD army is on the process of purchasing amphibious assault tank since only ZTD05 light tank is available tank in such category, we might see this chinese tank

Very timely. I wonder what happened to the plans for replacing types like 074A Yuhai Class...

This one is LCT BS Jahangir

23908033084_93f38018da_b.jpg

Locally built 'Shakti Shanchar' cannot be a direct replacement LCU...it's not a sea-going craft...maybe coastal.

SHAKTI-SANCHAR-IMG-1.jpg

Meanwhile Garden Reach in Kolkata is also building what the Indian Navy calls eight LCU MK IV's (fifth one commissioned just recently). Images below (looks like there is provision for a fast interceptor boat launch ramp in the rear (or is it an on-boarding ramp for amphibious tanks?),

1.jpg
3.jpg
GRSE%2Bworkers%2Bbeing%2Bhoisted%2Bonto%2Bthe%2BLanding%2BCraft%2BUtility%2Bship%2Bjust%2Bahead%2Bof%2Bthe%2Blaunch.jpg
press_17012015_4.jpg

Going to the newly established Division in Patuakhali, I suspect. Also Chittagong & Ramu Division can utilities a few too, will be good addition to their capabilities.

074A Yuhai Class...

This one is LCT BS Jahangir
If KSY/DEW builds something even in the same class/design, it would be great.

Locally built 'Shakti Shanchar' cannot be a direct replacement LCU...it's not a sea-going craft...maybe coastal.

SHAKTI-SANCHAR-IMG-1.jpg
It can't be a direct replacement, I agree with you. Coastal environment will be challenging enough for the design type. Ro Ro types are unsuitable for sea faring.

Last edited:
I think we should get ToT for building the successor to the Yuhai class (Type 074), which is the

Type 072A
Type_072-class_landing_ship_928_WuFengShan.jpg

Other variants of the Type 072 and 073 Yunshu/Yuting-classes etc.
1280px-Yuting_class_LST%EF%BC%88Type_072II-class%EF%BC%89_933_Liupanshan.jpg

type073iii_yudeng_03large.jpg

This one is the latest LST, the 073A, has a helideck.
Type_072A-class_LST_912_DaQingShan.jpg

It is all very well having such seagoing vessels that can transport large amounts of man and machinery. Can someone enlighten me of the practical utilisation of such crafts in the BD scenario currently or the the short to medium term.

In my view we need to ensure we have the capacity to move assets within BD first thus the local development of inshore LCUs

It is all very well having such seagoing vessels that can transport large amounts of man and machinery. Can someone enlighten me of the practical utilisation of such crafts in the BD scenario currently or the the short to medium term.

In my view we need to ensure we have the capacity to move assets within BD first thus the local development of inshore LCUs

Let's say you have assets in Khulna/Jessore/Mongla and you need to move them to CXB.

How would you do it efficiently? Very likely scenario....

Let's say you have assets in Khulna/Jessore/Mongla and you need to move them to CXB.

How would you do it efficiently? Very likely scenario....

Could the LCUs currently manufactured not be able to do this. I mean whilst I understand that they are not seagoing vessels.... pardon my ignorance I thought that referred to deep sea rather than near shore.

However if they can not I see your point.

Could the LCUs currently manufactured not be able to do this. I mean whilst I understand that they are not seagoing vessels.... pardon my ignorance I thought that referred to deep sea rather than near shore.

However if they can not I see your point.

Exactly, Shakti Shanchar type (with drop-ramp in the bow) are not even built for traversing rather calm littoral sea, forget deep seas in Bay of Bengal where sea-state 7 or 8 aren't uncommon. They are strictly inshore vessels, as mentioned already.

I don't see Shakti Shanchar doing well in sea-state 7 situations like this,
Beaufort_scale_8.jpg

The army had also looked at smaller options and had local marine designers submit some of their concepts...

Troop-Carrier_LCT3_zps6qm3gl09.png

Back
Top Bottom