What's new

Bangladesh army chief to visit India next week.

1. Except sending officers for training in each others military institutions, there is no other association between the two armed forces. BD perceives India to be the top potential threat to her national security, as such beyond these courses association with Indian military is avoided.

2. This is a bad time for the Chief to be going abroad - that also to India. Could Hasina be planning what Nawaz Sharif had planned for Mush? Iqbal Karim is known to have refused Hasina's instruction for army involvement in the current political feud.
Next man, Gen Moinul is known to be pro-BAL and pro-India.

Do you have any further information on this?

Do you have any further information on this?

1.There is no report / statement that I can quote. However, we hear Hasina was quite upset when the General refused piecemeal I S Duties. He asked for the full deployment of the mily where the civil administration would be taking orders from BA. Hasina quickly checked and discovered that all senior officers were one with their Chief in this attitude.

2. As such I am not liking the Chief to be away at this difficult time. That too in a country immensely disliked by us, but loved by Hasina and her followers.

1.There is no report / statement that I can quote. However, we hear Hasina was quite upset when the General refused piecemeal I S Duties. He asked for the full deployment of the mily where the civil administration would be taking orders from BA. Hasina quickly checked and discovered that all senior officers were one with their Chief in this attitude.

2. As such I am not liking the Chief to be away at this difficult time. That too in a country immensely disliked by us, but loved by Hasina and her followers.

I second the bold part above.

This ceremonial meeting was set a long time ago, if he cancelled the meeting then it would look bad in a democracy.

This ceremonial meeting was set a long time ago, if he cancelled the meeting then it would look bad in a democracy.

Moreover, the army Chief is certain to be quite confident of his subordinate officers. An idiotic order by SHW to change the military hiercracy will be the day of her and her party's demise from the politics of Bangladesh. SHW should not entertain such an audacity at a time when she is no more in control of the country. The Chief's India visit at this juncture of time only proves his full control of the military.

However, we have already seen how stupid this SHW can be from all the ill events she has been creating one after another since after election. She is trying to be another pre-1971 Sk. Mujib, but she is only good at spitting at the sky that falls roundly on her own face.

Moreover, the army Chief is certain to be quite confident of his subordinate officers. An idiotic order by SHW to change the military hiercracy will be the day of her and her party's demise from the politics of Bangladesh. SHW should not entertain such an audacity at a time when she is no more in control of the country. The Chief's India visit at this juncture of time only proves his full control of the military.

However, we have already seen how stupid this SHW can be from all the ill events she has been creating one after another since after election. She is trying to be another pre-1971 Sk. Mujib, but she is only good at spitting at the sky that falls roundly on her own face.

remember musharraf was in sri lanka when there was a coup ;)

remember musharraf was in sri lanka when there was a coup ;)

Many Pakistanis believe that Musharraf himself organized that coup, but then he squarely blamed Newaz Sharif for it. Situation in BD is ripe for a coup, but I hope the militay will refrain from staging one. Let the bickering continue for a few months and let people appreciate the two years (2007 - 2008) of military rule and pray for another. Let also the UN and donor countries wish for a military intervention.

Why do we need to have a military to military relationship with India? What do Bangladesh gain from this?

These high profile visits give opportunities to India to give these salaried officers a royal treatment and if anything it makes their whole outlook softer towards India.

I would rather like to see more military to military relationship with ASEAN+3 and NATO countries, but I fail to see what we gain from such relationship with India. Can any Bangladeshi with more knowledge please enlighten us?

Why do we need to have a military to military relationship with India? What do Bangladesh gain from this?

These high profile visits give opportunities to India to give these salaried officers a royal treatment and if anything it makes their whole outlook softer towards India.

I would rather like to see more military to military relationship with ASEAN+3 and NATO countries, but I fail to see what we gain from such relationship with India. Can any Bangladeshi with more knowledge please enlighten us?

:omghaha:. you do know for a fact how those racist ASEAN countries look down upon south asians? better stick with your own kind

Bangladesh Army Chief, General Iqbal Karim Bhuiyan, arrived here on Monday with an aim to enhance military ties between the two neighbouring countries.

General Bhuiyan, who is on a four-day visit to India, was accorded a warm welcome by the Indian army officers on his arrival here.

General Bhuiyan is slated to hold talks with Defence Minister A.K. Antony, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Army chief General Bikram Singh and Navy chief Admiral D.K. Joshi.

Last month, security forces of India and Bangladesh attended the Director General-level talks in New Delhi and discussed border issues, including fencing, illegal movement of criminals and smuggling.

India and Bangladesh had earlier in January signed two landmark agreements to extradite criminals and terrorists and liberalise the visa regime.

Furthermore, traditional economic and cultural links between India and Bangladesh have been greatly enhanced with Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina, visiting India in January 2010 followed by a return visit by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in September 2011.

Bangladesh and India are part of the Indian Subcontinent and have had a long common cultural, economic and political history. The cultures of the two countries are similar; in particular Bangladesh and India’s states West Bengal and Tripura are all Bengali-speaking.

However, since the partition of India in 1947, Bangladesh (formerly East Bengal and East Pakistan) became a part of Pakistan. Following the Liberation War of 1971, Bangladesh gained its independence and established relations with India

http://idrw.org/?p=20300

:omghaha:. you do know for a fact how those racist ASEAN countries look down upon south asians? better stick with your own kind

ASEAN+3 means ASEAN+China+Japan+South Korea and you know what NATO means. And which "KIND" would that be genius? Why do you think we have a separate country called Bangladesh, if we could stick with Indians?

The only ASEAN country we have problem with is Burma and that will also be fixed sometime in the future.

Bangladesh wants to and will have good relationship with all countries of the world, but if you guys do not learn to behave and meddle in our internal affairs, like your support and backing of Awami League, you can never have a normal relationship with Bangladesh. As it is you are engaged in a covert war to turn and keep Bangladesh as a vassal state under India's control using Awami League. This project will never fly, so you guys better put a stop to it, before its too late.

ASEAN+3 means ASEAN+China+Japan+South Korea and you know what NATO means. And which "KIND" would that be genius? Why do you think we have a separate country called Bangladesh, if we could stick with Indians?

The only ASEAN country we have problem with is Burma and that will also be fixed sometime in the future.

Bangladesh wants to and will have good relationship with all countries of the world, but if you guys do not learn to behave and meddle in our internal affairs, like your support and backing of Awami League, you can never have a normal relationship with Bangladesh. As it is you are engaged in a covert war to turn and keep Bangladesh as a vassal state under India's control using Awami League. This project will never fly, so you guys better put a stop to it, before its too late.

it's good you have a separate country, I bet no indian begrudges that fact :cheers:.

who is the next chief in line? moinul islam? if so then does his tenure start from june?

Bangladesh gains nothing from India. So please ask your Chief not to come here. Also stop inviting Indian Military personals to visit Great Bangladesh. At the same time please also ask all Bangladeshis not to visit India with or without Visa. And while you are at it also move you country physically across Malacca Strait into Asean or whereever. It will be the best thing that will happen to us.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom