What's new

Bangladesh Airforce inviting tender for 8 MRCA

Aircraft needs to be at least in 3 Air Force!
Mig 35 isn't operation in any air force yet! So sukhoi or mig 29 smt or modernized variant it is

I would be really happy if it's 8 sukhoi

Mig 29M Zuk ME radar detection range is upto 120 which falls short. Mig 35 Zuk AME got range upto 160km which eventually touches the mark.

The aircraft is to be powered by two turbofan engines withminimum dry thrust of at least 5500 Kg and
8000 Kg with afterburner(each engine).
Theengine should have auto and manual relighting provision in flight. It should also fulfill the following:
a. The engine operation life should not be less than 2000 hours.
d. TBO of the engine should be at least 1000 hours.
c. The thrust weight ratio should be minimum 0.8:1.
d. The engines should be interchangeable (no
left/right demarcation).

At least initial model of RD-33 had issues where left and right engine were not inter change able but looks like the specs are for MiG 29/35 series

Twine engine mandatory?
Hornet going to participate? What do you think?

Guys in the excitement you probably overlooked the tender for the single unit of MSAM (MEDIUM RANGE SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE, threadbare specs here, http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/1019.pdf).

A complete battery consists of up to six 8-cell transporter erector launchers (TELs), a passive electronically scanned array (PESA) X-band multi-function 3D phased array radar, and a fire command vehicle.

S-400_Triumph_triumf_5P85TE2_SA-21_Growler_surface_to_air_SAM_long_range_missile_defense_system_Russia_Russian_amy_021.jpg

The only equivalent to the MSAM I found in the Web is the South Korean Cheongung AKA Cheolmae II which is a copy of the S-400 made in South Korea in collaboration with Almaz Antey.

The Cheongung (Iron Hawk) can intercept incoming missile targets up to an altitude of 15 km (49,000 ft) at a range of 40 km (25 mi). It is an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) similar to the Patriot PAC-3, or an 'anti-missile' missile.

Cheongung ABMs are also offered with FFX II class vessels (follow on to our BNS Bangabandhu Class) in Korean-made 16-cell VLS packages. The newest FFX-II vessel Daegu can also launch anti-submarine missiles, as well as long-range land-attack Haeseong-II cruise missiles from custom VLS packages. This is important news - as Korea is no longer beholden to the US to sell defence articles to countries like Bangladesh.

This missile can become part of our new lead ship past BNS Banglabandhu, provided the choice is the FFX-II. So - eventually we could have an FFX-II as a lead ship of the navy.

n1bux07.jpg
FFX_2014_01.jpg

Twine engine mandatory?

Na rey bhai - hornet er kono asha nai. :lol:

Last edited:
Guys in the excitement you probably overlooked the tender for the single unit of MSAM (MEDIUM RANGE SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE, threadbare specs here, http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/1019.pdf).

A complete battery consists of up to six 8-cell transporter erector launchers (TELs), a passive electronically scanned array (PESA) X-band multi-function 3D phased array radar, and a fire command vehicle.

S-400_Triumph_triumf_5P85TE2_SA-21_Growler_surface_to_air_SAM_long_range_missile_defense_system_Russia_Russian_amy_021.jpg

The only equivalent to the MSAM I found in the Web is the South Korean Cheongung AKA Cheolmae II which is a copy of the S-400 made in South Korea in collaboration with Almaz Antey.

The Cheongung (Iron Hawk) can intercept incoming missile targets up to an altitude of 15 km (49,000 ft) at a range of 40 km (25 mi). It is an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) similar to the Patriot PAC-3, or a anti-missile missile.

Cheongung ABMs are also offered with FFX II class vessels (follow on to our BNS Bangabandhu Class) in Korean-made 16-cell VLS packages. The newest FFX-II vessel Daegu can also launch anti-submarine missiles, as well as long-range land-attack Haeseong-II cruise missiles from custom VLS packages. This is important news - as Korea is no longer beholden to the US to sell defence articles to countries like Bangladesh.

This missile can become part of our new lead ship past BNS Banglabandhu, provided the choice is the FFX-II. So - eventually we could have an FFX-II as a lead ship of the navy.

n1bux07.jpg
FFX_2014_01.jpg

Russian version of that is s-350 i thik

I am not saying we will buy them, but expecting them to bid on it. They tried to sell before.

I am not saying we will buy them, but expecting them to bid on it. They tried to sell before.

I'd be the happiest one next to Trump if this does happen, this means I get to live just a bit better then. :-)

However BAF is firmly in the Chinese camp - no chance at all......

That said, I've seen the super hornet at air shows, when its pulling high-G's like this at 500 feet, the brute power is a sight to behold.....the thing is a beast....

00030731.Boeing.FA-18EF.Super.Hornet.jpg
boeing_f_a-18e_f_super_hornet_military_hd-wallpaper-zFWj.jpg

Seriously. You are not even trying BAF. Should call for 16 together with a provision to add 16 more later.

The Cheongung (Iron Hawk) can intercept incoming missile targets up to an altitude of 15 km (49,000 ft) at a range of 40 km (25 mi). It is an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) similar to the Patriot PAC-3, or a anti-missile missile.

n1bux07.jpg
FFX_2014_01.jpg

The thread was opened before. Its that LY 80.

SU-30SM uses N011M Bars-R radar which has detection range of 400 km and target range 200 km
Search range could be 400km but certainly not detection. I could not find anywhere N011M having a detection range of more than 150km for 5-10m2 RCS. Anyway I was wrong as, if Russia offers Su with Zuk AE like the ones India using to upgrade their MKIs then it will have the required range.

Last edited:
Twine engine mandatory?
Hornet would have to be spec'd out in its latest form from Boeing and pentagon would have to approve that... I don't think so...

Seriously. You are not even trying BAF. Should call for 16 together with a provision to add 16 more later.

The thread was opened before. Its that LY 80.
Pay your taxes I guess

With external drop tank the ferry range should be 2500 km at least... mig 29 falls short with 2400km. Sukhoi without drop tanks however has a max of 3000km!

Things to consider...

With the specifications mentioned there are very few options... Chinese have nothing comparative

Back
Top Bottom