What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I don't see how you guys can get it at 2025, way too early considering we're in 2017, it will need to finish its various testing and since its not a priority jet of the Chinese it won't go as fast as the J20.

Second prototype came out
Taking your calculation into account, a 10 billion dollar defence budget will not only be for maintaining a fleet of 250 aircrafts, but the remainder of the 2 sections as well. Our navy is big and it will only get bigger by years, with more subs, helicopters and fleet vessels to come. Not to forget Army, which stands at 400k (correct me if I am wrong) and should touch around 550k-600k by that time. That is a formidable force along with newer equipments that will come. You need money to maintain that as well.

250 modern aircrafts are a big number you are talking about.

Sure and most will come from China
at good prices and easy payment terms.

If the defence budget needs to be raised by
0.1-0.2% points then so be it.

The mix is actually 160 SU-30SMEs, J-10B and FC-31 by 2030 and that is realistic.

How good are you at mathematics? If you are poor at this then no need to discuss further.

BD GDP spending on defence is at around 1.5-1.6% when arms purchases are take into account, and so it is now at around 3.2 billion US dollars with a GDP of 250 billion dollars.
BD economy is set to hit 1 trillion US dollars by 2030. Let us reduce this figure by 30% to take into account inflation and so we have an economy of 700 billion dollars in today's money. That would make the defence budget 10 billion US dollars today.

10 billion US dollars is ample money to support an air-force that will be compact at around 250 aircraft of all types.

Only an ability to run mathematics in your head like a calculator will allow anyone to understand why BD's planners are spot on with this "Force Goal 2030" plan.

J-31 will start arriving in BD airfoce by 2025. 2030 is too far as BD has a stated goal to deter India by 2030 and not after

LOL where did you get the goal to deter India by 2030? Please share with us your source for that statement.

Second prototype came out
Still a long long way to go, due to the many changes between the first and second, they will need to build more prototypes to confirm the changes made is 1) correct or 2) not correct which would make development even longer. You have to remember this is a 5th gen so they can't go all slap dash with it.

At best I see it at 2030-2035 at best or 2040 or later at worse due to infrastructure that needs to be laid and a training regimen that needs to be developed.

Well I think BAF can cut down the FA numbers from 160 to 120 with each squadron consisting of 12 fighters. Although, traditional BAF FA squadrons are 16 units; a 12 units squadron is not a bad number. This initiative might just work out the problems regarding budgetary limitations.

Well, I'm no expert but a simple idea!!!
A regular sqd consist of 18-24 planes... 16 is a hardline limit, making it 12? Bruh you want to expand your divisions like Hitler's tank brigade without equipping them amply? Bruh. BRUH!

Don't dream of a 160 strong fighter sqd with only 32 planes to train pilots (jet conversion)

I o
A regular sqd consist of 18-24 planes... 16 is a hardline limit, making it 12? Bruh you want to expand your divisions like Hitler's tank brigade without equipping them amply? Bruh. BRUH!

Don't dream of a 160 strong fighter sqd with only 32 planes to train pilots (jet conversion)

I only thought about it since our air space is not that large to begin with and we also have budgetary limitations! There may be far better solutions as I said already I'm no expert. Anyway, it was just wishful thinking!

BTW, what would your suggestion be for BAF procurement plans for 2030 time limit?

I o

I only thought about it since our air space is not that large to begin with and we also have budgetary limitations! There may be far better solutions as I said already I'm no expert. Anyway, it was just wishful thinking!

BTW, what would your suggestion be for BAF procurement plans for 2030 time limit?
For now I would say to quickly complete the su30 sqd to 16 and not stall out like the mig 29 sqd... and get more of j10b or c if possible... and then add a sukhoi sqd each two to three years...

Still a long long way to go, due to the many changes between the first and second, they will need to build more prototypes to confirm the changes made is 1) correct or 2) not correct which would make development even longer. You have to remember this is a 5th gen so they can't go all slap dash with it.

At best I see it at 2030-2035 at best or 2040 or later at worse due to infrastructure that needs to be laid and a training regimen that needs to be developed.

OK. BD will get J-31s by 2050 if that makes you happy in that case.

Dude this thread is full of kids that are talking when they simply do not have the aptitude
in either geopolitics or mathematics to be able to make informed views and so i am out of here now.

Last edited:

Dude this thread is full of kids that are talking when they simply do not have the amplitude
in either geopolitics are mathematics to be able to make informed views and so i am out of here now.

The pot is calling the kettle black...

In what world does Bangladesh need 150+ 4th and 5th gen aircraft? Especially in a time frame peri-2030, this is simply not possible for a variety of reasons nor is warranted. Just one specific example. How do you expect to train the number of pilots needed to support such a fleet? 16 Yaks? 9 K-8? 7 or so L-39? Come on man....

While I agree that Bangladesh needs self defensive capability obviously, there simply does not exist a threat to justify such an allocation of funds to support the above. Then again, I'm not in government or the military or even in the country for that matter, but I am speaking as a layman with interest and some knowledge on both military aviation and geopolitics.

What I would propose would be BAF to aspire to be a small but modern force that has adopted western philosophies in its tactics in addition to utilizing modern technologies.

I would cite the example of Singapore, Israel, Finland, Sweden and even Finland as an example.

If your worried about India, fine. Study the model of smaller nations neighboring larger ones that it is threatened by and maybe emulate their approach.

Specifically, a robust radar network and communications. Excellent pilot training. Modern philosophies and approach to the role of air power in the early 21st century. Mastery of BVR tactics and acquiring the associated hardware. AEW/AWACS. SAM capability from short to long range. AESA. IRST. PGM and stand off munitions. Stealth. This must all be done however in the context of the greater picture. Bangladesh has other problems that the money needs to be spent on.

So what I would suggest is perhaps buying smaller quantities of high caliber kit like what they are doing already apparently. I was very encouraged with the Yak 130 purchase. And the content for the tender for the 8 MRCA is also very encouraging. I hope AEW/AWACS is on the cards as well soon. I hope for a full squadron the Flankers. And 2 or 3 of the J-10B/C. I would see that as realistic and wise given the above.

The point I'm trying to make is ESTABLISH THE INFRASTRUCTURE and MASTER the TECHNOLOGIES.

You can always scale up if needed by changing geopolitics.

Dude this thread is full of kids that are talking when they simply do not have the aptitude
in either geopolitics or mathematics to be able to make informed views and so i am out of here now.
So we happen to disagree on something and this is the way you decide to react? disappointed.

Thought this was a "forum"

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB

শুভ সকাল....

বাংলাদেশ বিমানবাহিনীর ভবিষ্যত
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
Future of Bangladesh Airforce

এখানের অনেকগুলোই কেনা হয়েছে, কিছু প্রকৃয়াধীন আছে আর কিছু procurement list এ আছে।

ইনশাআল্লাহ্‌ আপনাদের নিশ্চিত করে বলতে পারি...এ সবগুলোই বিমানবাহিনীর বহরে ২০২৫ (2025) এর মধ্যেই দেখতে পাবেন।
dti.jpg

TAI Anka UAV, K-8,LY-80E,C-27J Spartan, AEW&C, KJ-200, GDF-Type-90,J-10B.SU 30 SME,Mig 35.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom