What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yes, the purchases of Su-30 and JF-17 were made under the civilian government. But the civilian government had nothing to do with the procurement of military assets. FTC-2000 order is made under the military regime.

The whole process went like this. The parliament of Myanmar devises and allocates the budget of the ministry of defense along with other ministries based on the tax revenue of the previous year.
And the ministry of defense held budget allocation meetings with the commander in Chief of the Army, the Navy, the airforce, and the joint operation Chief. They decide how much money to be spend on personal payroll, retirements, operational costs, maintenance, and procurement.

That is why the procurement of MM military is in line with the whole defense strategy and coherent on the national scale.
No civilian politician was in the whole decision-making process apart from the congressional budget approval.

This is why I think the Myanmar military has more military assets than Bangladesh despite half the budget of Bangladesh's military.

In BD case, the reigning party has a lot of influence in procurement matters, which makes the military procurements not in line with the national defense strategy but rather on the wishes and whims of the politicians.
How about keeping up with maintenance? Because Su 30 SM2 are really expensive. I’m not Bangladeshi but I have interest in military build up of Myanmar especially Navy and Airforce in past decade. If the general can juggle well in between political interest and military is all well and fine. My worry is if they can’t it can set the time back to pro democracy era when General Than Shwe ruling time. Also for Navy, is there any chance to see 135m Frigate with VLS in 2023?

Any word on the remaining 4 Mig-29s that needed to be sent to Belarus?

@Arthur How did you know no new fighters would be coming before at least 2024-2025?

@Arthur How did you know no new fighters would be coming before at least 2024-2025?

I guess no-one actually knows but speculating from the fact that it will be 2023 soon and no new contract has been signed.

BAF section is dead now and we just need a CONTRACT for a squadron of 4+ gen Western jets and it would come ALIVE immediately.

I guess no-one actually knows but speculating from the fact that it will be 2023 soon and no new contract has been signed.

BAF section is dead now and we just need a CONTRACT for a squadron of 4+ gen Western jets and it would come ALIVE immediately.
What will be of 2030? No new fighters and Navy need to replace the second hand frigate from China soon. I think it’s time Bangladesh arm forces need to think realistic and make a plan that could close the gap with other nations in region.

1. AFAIK they were scheduled to be sent by mid 22. Progress unknown.

2. Analysis of available information & patterns.

Though I am still inclined to extend that time line of 2025 a bit, but I may not right now.

Main problem is, What BAF and politicians are on different alignments.

For the time being let's enjoy the shitty air shows by the glorious chair force.

Last edited:

I am not certain of this given Ukraine situation. Very possible that we may incur sanction if these are sent to belarus, hopefully that wont be the case.

BAF has spectacularly failed on the job and there is not a single ray of hope in the horizon. Its a sad scenario.

Last edited:
Bangladesh Air Force's Leonardo Falco EVO MALE UAV system in Chattogram. Note the Italian technicians from the manufacturer.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

PHYSICAL
› Air vehicle length: 6.2m
› Wing span: 12.5m
› Height: 2.5m
› MTOW: 650Kg
PERFORMANCE (ISA CONDITIONS)
› Endurance: 20+ hours
› Max payload weight in excess of: 100Kg
› Ceiling: 6000m
› Link range: 200+ Km (extendable with relay capability,
GCS handover function or SATCOM)

PAYLOAD
› EO/IR/LRF
› Laser Marker
› Laser designator (LD)
› SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar)/GMTI
› Multimode Surveillance Radar
› AIS (Automatic Identification System)
› ESM
› COMINT
› Relay Package
› Hyperspectral sensor
› SATCOM

Source: BDMilitary Facebook Page

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1674153171615.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674153171615.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 46
Video

Source: DefRes Facebook page

Video

Source: DefRes Facebook page

Guessing this is unarmed and a Recce Drone only. But good for gaining some experience.

Bangladesh Air Force's Leonardo Falco EVO MALE UAV system in Chattogram. Note the Italian technicians from the manufacturer.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

PHYSICAL
› Air vehicle length: 6.2m
› Wing span: 12.5m
› Height: 2.5m
› MTOW: 650Kg
PERFORMANCE (ISA CONDITIONS)
› Endurance: 20+ hours
› Max payload weight in excess of: 100Kg
› Ceiling: 6000m
› Link range: 200+ Km (extendable with relay capability,
GCS handover function or SATCOM)

PAYLOAD
› EO/IR/LRF
› Laser Marker
› Laser designator (LD)
› SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar)/GMTI
› Multimode Surveillance Radar
› AIS (Automatic Identification System)
› ESM
› COMINT
› Relay Package
› Hyperspectral sensor
› SATCOM

Source: BDMilitary Facebook Page
This one lacks SATCOM. It's missing the bulg.

FnG29UnacAAtuJH

F-7BG of Bangladesh Air Force armed with LS series standoff munition on center line.
Due to small territorial size of Bangladesh, the low endurance/range of these fighters does not matter much, thus making this a considerable configuration and capability.

Super Syrket project by "Air Farce" - probably new HQ somewhere?

286812038_395624105950808_6874851710461143379_n.jpg

287734229_395624099284142_2899954961790195814_n.jpg

286686336_395624119284140_7129996297381668274_n.jpg

287248816_395624129284139_4994619367732836714_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom