What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Airforce got the delivery of unmanned aerial vehicles and new prototype aircraft manufactured by BAC will soon conduct their maiden flight!!

So out air guard is building "irsha jagano" capabilities without long range air defence covering entire country and at least a respectable number of 4.5gen figher jets! wow...

I know we are poor but chapa marar ki dorkar bhai?

Exclusive footage of the first flight!

I see Bangla TV programs once in a while about Bangladesh "immediately" launching some aircraft manufacturing program.

These are hosted by notable mainstream media TV channels and attended by leading Air Force veterans and current service people.

So much for current regime propaganda.

The discussion is quite serious and they tell us that they are "at the cusp" of these breakthroughs, close to manufacturing UAVs, helis and "fighters".

I wonder about what these "moger mulluk" Air Force people take the rest of us for - are all the rest of us Bangladeshis this type of gullible idiots?

I mean its one thing when some uneducated idiot claims something like this on their YT channel, which is dismissed easily.

But active duty Air Force personnel?? They should have some shame.

Lately I am starting to see some extremely unimpressive people at the top level of most of the armed services. They can neither articulate an English narrative, nor Bangla for that matter. Seems everyone halfway qualified in the armed services has left the country and the only people left are these chamchas to the current regime. Our former Army chief was an obtuse example.

The other day I saw a Navy "rear admiral" guy who could barely have been forty or so and rather uneducated. Standards for military academy has taken a definite dive. Boggles the mind.

I am starting to think, this is all by deliberate design, helped by Hasina and her work-masters in Delhi. The way to kill an Air Force (or Army, Navy for that matter) is by not only denying training with better platforms and deny them better equipment to boot, but also picking unqualified, uneducated and untalented ineffective leaders from within the ranks, so their capability remains always worse than the neighboring country, reducing any threat to them.

The plan is long term, and RAW is succeeding for sure.

Last edited:
I was watching this rather amusing video and then realized at least the Africans built something.

Because of these RAW suwars we haven't.

long time no seen guys:D:D

That FTC-2000 is to replace F-6 and F-7 squadrons.
SU-30 SME is meant for the augmentation of MIG-29s forces.
JF-17 will perform an attack aircraft role, formerly performed by A-5 Nanchang squadrons.

As long as you have the proper budget and political will, you can buy Chinese and Russian aircrafts. it is not that impressive.

long time no seen guys:D:D

That FTC-2000 is to replace F-6 and F-7 squadrons.
SU-30 SME is meant for the augmentation of MIG-29s forces.
JF-17 will perform an attack aircraft role, formerly performed by A-5 Nanchang squadrons.

As long as you have the proper budget and political will, you can buy Chinese and Russian aircrafts. it is not that impressive.
These purchases were made under civilian government. Can military government continue spending like this or can they keep up with maintaining them since they are struggling financially

These purchases were made under civilian government. Can military government continue spending like this or can they keep up with maintaining them since they are struggling financially
Yes, the purchases of Su-30 and JF-17 were made under the civilian government. But the civilian government had nothing to do with the procurement of military assets. FTC-2000 order is made under the military regime.

The whole process went like this. The parliament of Myanmar devises and allocates the budget of the ministry of defense along with other ministries based on the tax revenue of the previous year.
And the ministry of defense held budget allocation meetings with the commander in Chief of the Army, the Navy, the airforce, and the joint operation Chief. They decide how much money to be spend on personal payroll, retirements, operational costs, maintenance, and procurement.

That is why the procurement of MM military is in line with the whole defense strategy and coherent on the national scale.
No civilian politician was in the whole decision-making process apart from the congressional budget approval.

This is why I think the Myanmar military has more military assets than Bangladesh despite half the budget of Bangladesh's military.

In BD case, the reigning party has a lot of influence in procurement matters, which makes the military procurements not in line with the national defense strategy but rather on the wishes and whims of the politicians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom