What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Why are we buying very old second hand transport plane from U.K.? Our defense budget has reached $4 billion mark. We can afford new planes.
What are you on about mate? These C-130Js although ~20 years old are state-of-the-art. C-130s last multiple decades. They are being customised for BAF by Marshall Aerospace.
BAF is getting them without paying the heavy premiums associated with brand new aircraft.

This is one of the best purchases in Bangladesh's defence history.
Rarely do I ever appreciate BAF decisions. (Ask @The Ronin what I think of BAF in general)..

A $4 billion budget is nothing as most of it goes towards upkeep.

Last edited:
Looks like BAF received something today.

1600364221879.png

Hey guys I'm new here lol , by the way did this guy just pull this info out of his *** ?

It's almost like he's forgot about the American sanctions

Satellites in 2-3 years huh , wonder if Bangladesh Aerospace sector is planning on making space rockets ?

I mean India has ISRO with 1.9 billion dollar budget , and even Indonesia has sounding rockets so why can't Bangladesh ? 🚀🛰

There is no reason why BD can not. Rocket and satelite tech can simply be bought. BUET has sent up mini satelite already so for 50th anniversary of independence it is possible.

There is no reason why BD can not. Rocket and satelite tech can simply be bought. BUET has sent up mini satelite already so for 50th anniversary of independence it is possible.
rocket technology falls under military tech... same reasons why spacex rockets are classified military tech

True lol , Indian rockets use reversed engineered European and Russian engines.

We can easily make a space program with 1.9-2 billion dollars, we can't let India dominate space and them trying to force us to use their launch vehicles for our satellite launches.

rocket technology falls under military tech... same reasons why spacex rockets are classified military tech

Yes I agree as a space enthusiast , the moment you put a warhead on a rocket it becomes a missile. Iran and North Korea made their space rockets out of Scud or some kind of ballistic missiles and managed to put a satellite up into LEO.

So it can't be too difficult for Bangladesh to do it ? Just some great leadership with space ambitions.

Yes I agree as a space enthusiast , the moment you put a warhead on a rocket it becomes a missile. Iran and North Korea made their space rockets out of Scud or some kind of ballistic missiles and managed to put a satellite up into LEO.

So it can't be too difficult for Bangladesh to do it ? Just some great leadership with space ambitions.
Proper experienced manpower is what might be a big hurdle. I’m disappointed the ballistic missile project was sidelined

Proper experienced manpower is what might be a big hurdle. I’m disappointed the ballistic missile project was sidelined

It was sidelined either it's a lie to keep Indian spies out , or India screwed it up.

Skilled manpower is kinda an issue but won't be as much , idk if bandgubandu University teaches about rocket engines though. They should start to , we need to get knowledge on rocket engines and rockets for any future joint developed missile tech.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom