What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Well, people judge things with results. How well you got yourself educated is shown at you result card. But JF-17 result card is till now filled with a big 0.

There is nothing wrong with the JF-17s/FC-1 capability but the only problem with export is that it uses either russian engines or newly designed chinese engine. Problem with russian engine is that that same engine is used in the MIG-29 which means the FC-1 can divert sales away from Russia. Russia have probably asked china not to sell FC-1 with RD-93 to certain countries such as Bangladesh where russia may have a prospect of future sales. Nothing to do with india connection as such since China could make it like they did with MBT-2000.

The Chinese engine is the WS-13 and only began serial production in 2009 making it a very new and unproven engine.

Waisee @BDforever this is what the forum turned up in its Search Results when I was finding about the PG & the BGI !

Here is what I have for the specifications of the KLJ-6F:

2d0ig75.jpg

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-other-combat-air-crafts-2.html#ixzz2ZPALQacK

Where did you make it out to to be 86 kms ? :what:

Apneiii @Tempest II Bhai abhi tuk tou ghalat nahin hoiii ! :undecided:

these are also from inside reliable sources as they never disclose specs of F7-BGI aka asian F-35 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i think its wasteful to get engage in F-7 BG because at best it would be similar to F-7PG
BAF should get either older F-16s or su 30 only those two can get near range of 40-50million a piece
FC-1 is out of chance as Bangladesh wouldnt buy anything remotely attached to pakistan, i dont know know whether china will offer J-10 to them.
su 30 operating costs will be much higher , may be thats why they turned for few f-7s

I wish this should be stressed enough. F-7BGI were only bought as a STOP-GAP jet until we can allocate necassery funds and budgets to purchase 4th generation aircraft. Buying older f-16s would mean we would have to adapt to different avionics,weapons and training which requires more money! Those Sixteen f-7s cost only rough only $96 million dollars and how many 4th generation aircraft can we get with that much money??probably 2
FC-1 is out and and i believe the J-10 is either.

I wish this should be stressed enough. F-7BGI were only bought as a STOP-GAP jet until we can allocate necassery funds and budgets to purchase 4th generation aircraft. Buying older f-16s would mean we would have to adapt to different avionics,weapons and training which requires more money! Those Sixteen f-7s cost only rough only $96 billion dollars and how many 4th generation aircraft can we get with that much money??probably 2

96Billion dollars you can buy 50 Squardon of F-35 :D

I wish this should be stressed enough. F-7BGI were only bought as a STOP-GAP jet until we can allocate necassery funds and budgets to purchase 4th generation aircraft. Buying older f-16s would mean we would have to adapt to different avionics,weapons and training which requires more money! Those Sixteen f-7s cost only rough only $96 billion dollars and how many 4th generation aircraft can we get with that much money??probably 2

Those 16 F-7BG1 are the most expensive fighter aircraft in the world....:omghaha::omghaha:

56+ generally means 57 or 58 or 59 or 60. At adverse scenario it might even be 65 but 86 is a long way, don't you think its a bit odd.

not really 56+ can be 56.1 or 56.2 or 56.3 or it can be even like 56.1111111 .. 56.1111112 .. 56.111113 ...

get a life .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom