What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

No my friends, neither the Brits, nor the Mericans are letting this tender go to the French without a good run!

BD already is s strong market for Boeing, they won't let Europeans to steal it way. Apart from brand new, they can offer retired US surplus. That would be a huge sale & a guaranteed business in after sales service.

Brits on the other hand wants all the business they can get after Brexit.

Fingers crossed.

No my friends, neither the Brits, nor the Mericans are letting this tender go to the French without a good run!

BD already is s strong market for Boeing, they won't let Europeans to steal it way. Apart from brand new, they can offer retired US surplus. That would be a huge sale & a guaranteed business in after sales service.

Fingers crossed.

Only way that Rafale is coming into BAF service is if the French give it to BD for free!

Any source for that?
Official statements? Nope. Members of the airforce that I know... yes

Fingers crossed.
Yep, besides the French are having difficulty meeting delivery target deadlines on Indian rafale... they’re not worth the effort

Not happening. Airforce officials said, French are interested in selling but this aircraft wasn’t in their consideration at all. Regardless BAF is not interested in rafale

Didn't these so called air force officials also published $5 news about "100% CONFIRM" J-10, Su-30, Su-35, Mig-35 becoming backbone of BAF (including so many timelines), delivery of LY-80D etc? Wonder why always BAF officials have time to give them update about every sensitive procurement.

Give it a rest. It's already clear that local sources are not that reliable always specially about MRCA. I don't think any local sources have any idea about MRCA. Even you don't expect anything before 2024. All that's left are those incompetent fucks in BAF to announce it officially, Allah knows when it will be.

And if the rumor is true then why go for second hand aircraft if we can get brand new Rafale with almost the same price. It will take time to get Meteor/AIM-120 so we can use Mica as BVRAAM like IAF.

Didn't these so called air force officials also published $5 news about "100% CONFIRM" J-10, Su-30, Su-35, Mig-35 becoming backbone of BAF (including so many timelines), delivery of LY-80D etc? Wonder why always BAF officials have time to give them update about every sensitive procurement.

Give it a rest. It's already clear that local sources are not that reliable always specially about MRCA. I don't think any local sources have any idea about MRCA. Even you don't expect anything before 2024. All that's left are those incompetent fucks in BAF to announce it officially, Allah knows when it will be.

And if the rumor is true then why go for second hand aircraft if we can get brand new Rafale with almost the same price. It will take time to get Meteor/AIM-120 so we can use Mica as BVRAAM like IAF.
Truth be told no one believed anything regarding EFT, I for one was critiquing SAK for this, no one believed him because by then every plane in the book was mentioned. Truth be told, I think these niggas went to every vendor with “saving rokto panir poisha gaan” and hence why the deals fell through or they nearly got screwed with price gouging.

now that people believe it will be EFT (tbh incompetence can make this fall through too) second hand frames will not cost anywhere near new rafale will cost, heck new EFT will not cost nearly as much as rafale. I hope the only reason no deal has been made is because we’re waiting for clearance to acquire AIM-120D/ Meteor. Who knows. But rafale is something that will not come for sure unless India, pressures Hasina govt in the name of commonality or what not.

French interest in selling means to me there is smoke to all this.

Something will be coming.

Not sure what the delays are all about.

In regards to Rafale.......no thanks.

Pointless if the threat is India.

Eurofighters, Super Hornets or Fighting Falcons. (Choose one)

Depending on the choice, there should be some consideration to J-10 or a Chinese model.

Politically this makes the most sense.

Though at this point, perhaps this is impossible given the dance between China and the US.

It'd be cool if the BAF and PAF can get a joint Typhoon order. If anything, it might at least mean an overlap in overseas training, which could finally warm things up at that level.

That being said, I hope the BAF sticks to only one multi-role fighter for now. If you're going to get the Super Bug, Rafale or Typhoon, just consolidate on 24~32 aircraft, forget the single-engine route entirely. Once you induct the twin-engine MMRCA, wait it out for a FGFA/NGF.

It'd be cool if the BAF and PAF can get a joint Typhoon order. If anything, it might at least mean an overlap in overseas training, which could finally warm things up at that level.

That being said, I hope the BAF sticks to only one multi-role fighter for now. If you're going to get the Super Bug, Rafale or Typhoon, just consolidate on 24~32 aircraft, forget the single-engine route entirely. Once you induct the twin-engine MMRCA, wait it out for a FGFA/NGF.

Would absolutely LOVE BAF and PAF buying Typhoon.

Set up some training in Saudi Arabia/Kuwait/Oman/Qatar. Take your pick!

And while your at it make sure to get some adult diapers for the folks in New Dehli if such a thing were to ever happen.

Pakistan plans to buy EFT? o_O
Anyways I think joint excercise between the airforce will be great

Possibility if PAF decides to introduce a new 4.5 gen type.

Of course money and politics permitting.

Next to impossible as Pakistan has no money and they will not get loans from UK as they
have little ability to pay it back.

Coronavirus is forcing them to ask for handouts just to feed their poor and so expensive fighters will be last on their minds.

It'd be cool if the BAF anPAF can get a joint Typhoon order. If anything, it might at least mean an overlap in overseas training, which could finally warm things up at that level.

Buying a Western 4+ gen fighter at first (will be delayed for who knows how long due to Covoid-19 now) and then inducting a 5th gen fighter later on makes a lot of sense.
Little point buying two 4+ gen fighters that will both start becoming obsolete next decade.

Do we have any news on the supposed plane that's scheduled for 2021? I cant find anything other than a sentence or two on Wikipedia

Next to impossible as Pakistan has no money and they will not get loans from UK as they
have little ability to pay it back.

Coronavirus is forcing them to ask for handouts just to feed their poor and so expensive fighters will be last on their minds.

Buying a Western 4+ gen fighter at first (will be delayed for who knows how long due to Covoid-19 now) and then inducting a 5th gen fighter later on makes a lot of sense.
Little point buying two 4+ gen fighters that will both start becoming obsolete next decade.
sounds more like a butt-hurt, maybe more knowledgeable members can shed some light on PAF plans @DESERT FIGHTER @Imran Khan

Back
Top Bottom