What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

@Tanveer666

Can someone answer a truthfully? Assuming, your numbers i.e. dollar figures are correct. If Bangladeshi cannot effort $15m maintenance costs then how could they acquire future fighter jets. Fighter Jets are expensive to maintain regardless of east and west west fighter jets.

$3.45B puts you at the same club as Malaysia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Philippines. Mind you Philippines drains money on couter terrorism and controlling dugs and mafias.

Did $3.45B make any impact on moral of Bangladesh military as whole considering Bangladesh don't fight terrorism like Indonesia or Philippines?

Did that costing change somehow when they were reintroduced into service?

Costs were not the issue. Khaleda is an incompetent, butthurt politician who would rather take the country backwards than allow BAL take any credit.

She expressed intent to "sell off" the Fulcrums citing costs but failed to deliver on that front too despite them being much sought after fighters back then.

Any twin-engine fighter costs money.

They also decommissioned our only missile frigate at the time for the same reason.

BNP's whole schtick under Khaleda's "leadership (lol) " was to fear monger about India but do nothing productive once elected.

BAL are butthurt champions too but they are also do-ers. They get things done, good or bad, unlike BNP.

Last edited:
@Tanveer666

Can someone answer a truthfully? Assuming, your numbers i.e. dollar figures are correct. If Bangladeshi cannot effort $15m maintenance costs then how could they acquire future fighter jets. Fighter Jets are expensive to maintain regardless of east and west west fighter jets.

$3.45B puts you at the same club as Malaysia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Philippines. Mind you Philippines drains money on couter terrorism and controlling dugs and mafias.

Did $3.45B make any impact on moral of Bangladesh military as whole considering Bangladesh don't fight terrorism like Indonesia or Philippines?
Beruni, you really need to work on your comprehension skills. No one is claiming that we cannot afford $15 mn maintenance at present.

@Tanveer666

This whole ordeal happened almost 15 years ago, our gdp at the time was 1/5of our current gdp, and foreign reserves 1/10th of current. Now, could it be that we could afford to maintain them but our erstwhile gov. chose to neglect them? Sure. But again that was 15 years ago.

But,No one is saying that we cannot afford them right now.

They were grounded because they were expensive to maintain. Around 10-15 million per year for the fleet(compared to the unit cost of 15 milllion). They were simply too expensive to maintain, that's Why BNP wanted to sell them off altogether.
and for what? ofc only to fill their wallets... i don;t see anything significant happening in BNP era except people getting killed left and right

why don't you take this with a grain of salt and compare this with future procurements instead

How they (both BDmilitary and others) are claiming BAF is going for Su-30? If I'm not wrong, production of Su-30 in Russia will cease to exist after their delivery to Myanmar. I don't think India is licensed to export them either.

If I'm not wrong, production of Su-30 in Russia will cease to exist after their delivery to Myanmar.
the same was said before myanmar's purchase decision... also myanmar's aircrafts were mothballs from the 90s that were returned by the indian air force.
let's see what happens. i for one am not interested in any speculative debate

the same was said before myanmar's purchase decision... also myanmar's aircrafts were mothballs from the 90s that were returned by the indian air force.
let's see what happens. i for one am not interested in any speculative debate

UMAF buying "old Su-30s" is typical BS propagated by the jealous you-know-who. There is no evidence of that. Don't believe anything the master flip-flopper says without official confirmation backing it.

Back
Top Bottom