What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

You can’t fly a commercial aircraft with cpl without at least 3000 hr on the clock. So you’re saying bd Air Force pilots are worse than any commercial pilot out there. Stop speaking out of your bum please
Ofcourse they are worse. Look at BAF chief.. he suppose to have the highest flying hours. I am sure all his heart aeteries will freeze on 3 G's

You can’t fly a commercial aircraft with cpl without at least 3000 hr on the clock. So you’re saying bd Air Force pilots are worse than any commercial pilot out there. Stop speaking out of your bum please

The recent Yak accident was a proof that BAF pilot with a rank of squadron leader does know how to break a formation or he miscalculated his move. I am sure these people deserve to be disciplined.
BAF is crying for $60m then squadron leader is crashing aircraft. Helicopter pilot is landing on trees not using rhe instrument landing option.
I am critical of BAF for these reasons. I am critical of BAF's incompetence.

Since you mention commercial aircarft. For your reference, the ex-pilot of BAF was flying that commercial aircraft that involved in accident at Kathmandu airport and Sayedpoor airport. He approached runway from wrong direction. Thats the findings.

Is there any kind of recruitment drive going on in BD for the air force?

Has anyone studied how the Israelis select individuals for their air force?

Is there any kind of recruitment drive going on in BD for the air force?

Has anyone studied how the Israelis select individuals for their air force?
Nah. They are the docile bunch of the three.

BN already recruiting officers in hundreds. they are publishing two circulars for Officer Cadets, three circular for Sailors and combatants every year.

BA seems to be on the drive too. They are publishing circulars for Short commissions for professional cores every year (short commission were stopped in last decade, now as they need more officers, they revived it). Number of recruits were increased for regular commission and combatant posts.

BAF on the other hand is hibernating.

Last edited:
Nah. They are the docile bunch of the three.

BN already recruiting officers in hundreds. they are publishing two circulars for Officer Cadets, three circular for Sailors and combatants every year.

BA seems to be on the drive too. They are publishing circulars for Short commissions for professional cores every year (short commission were stopped in last decade, now as they meed more officers, so they revived it again). Number of recruits were increased for regular commission and combatant posts.

BAF on the other hand is hibernating.

I am not the only one who is critical of BAF. You are also critical of BAF. For BAF, hibernating is the spiral downhill as you go says BAF Chief. Nevermind BAF will land helo on trees.

The recent Yak accident was a proof that BAF pilot with a rank of squadron leader does know how to break a formation or he miscalculated his move. I am sure these people deserve to be disciplined.
BAF is crying for $60m then squadron leader is crashing aircraft. Helicopter pilot is landing on trees not using rhe instrument landing option.
I am critical of BAF for these reasons. I am critical of BAF's incompetence.

Since you mention commercial aircarft. For your reference, the ex-pilot of BAF was flying that commercial aircraft that involved in accident at Kathmandu airport and Sayedpoor airport. He approached runway from wrong direction. Thats the findings.
1st, BAF has an outstanding flight safety record.
2. First yak crash was for malfunction of flight control surface. Second was during a dogfight simulation in less visibility.
3. Nepalese control room provided wrong instructions, the plane had fault in it and big the captain and first officer was not willing to fly the aircraft without proper inspection... it’s both US bangla and the control rooms fault and no one names their runway in interchangeable numbers... ie 20 and 02

Please research what you’re speaking about. I’ve seen you say many stupid things before this but I’ve purposely held myself off. As for gripen... we requested second hand gripen before j-10 but was rejected.

Ofcourse they are worse. Look at BAF chief.. he suppose to have the highest flying hours. I am sure all his heart aeteries will freeze on 3 G's
Mate you can’t graduate from airforce academy with 3000 hr on the propeller trainer. The training is for 3 years for a reason... RAF have adopted longer training syllabus based on BAF
But yeah that fat **** will burst a vein if he doesn’t control his eating habit...
Ps. 3G isn’t unbearable force.
Also have to admit this current chief had to do with everything from scratch... radars, SAM, UAV, training squadrons etc etc etc so we should give him a break.

i would invest in infrastructure to train pilots more than the actual combat aircraft

I believe they have more than enough trainers in proportional ratio, particularly IJT's.

For IJT alone they have,

8 L-39ZA units on service, soon to be retired...
L-39-1.png

8 units of K-8W in service, 16 more on order...
33167093353_0425522470_b.jpg

and the latest addition, Yak-130 (16 in service). Yak-130's maybe more of AJT, than IJT.
YAK-130-8.png

I believe they have more than enough trainers in proportional ratio, particularly IJT's.

For IJT alone they have,

8 L-39ZA units on service, soon to be retired...
L-39-1.png

8 units of K-8W in service, 16 more on order...
33167093353_0425522470_b.jpg

and the latest addition, Yak-130 (16 in service). Yak-130's maybe more of AJT, than IJT.
YAK-130-8.png
With so many training planes in the BAF why the PDF posters, specially the @TopCat is unhappy? Why should he think that BAF needs only training planes, but not the combat ones? I think, he has issue with the BAF Chief? I suspect, somehow they are related as Bhaira, and many Bhairas do not like each other.

With so many training planes in the BAF why the PDF posters, specially the @TopCat is unhappy? Why should he think that BAF needs only training planes, but not the combat ones? I think, he has issue with the BAF Chief? I suspect, somehow they are related as Bhaira, and many Bhairas do not like each other.

the issue is BAF has too many trainers and not enough actual fighting force.... its fine if we saw incremental development but there has been none..... BD has regressed in the last 20 years and it is no ones fault but BAF.

the issue is BAF has too many trainers and not enough actual fighting force.... its fine if we saw incremental development but there has been none..... BD has regressed in the last 20 years and it is no ones fault but BAF.
Ahem BNP AHEM...
old pilots retired to the point there was no more fighter pilots, old pilots serve extra or their career was extended for training of new pilots,
Also the scrutinizing is more in BAF compared to army or navy when selecting cadets, a little problem here and there and they reject applicants, I know an applicant who got rejected because he was 3 lbs less than the mandated requirement... like cmon -_-

Really?
Back in the 1996-2001 AL period, BAF wanted 27 F-16s that was approved by the government but this was rejected by the US.
As an alternative an order was placed with Russia for 16 Mig-29s with an option for 16 more. The BNP government that came into power in 2002 cancelled the remaining 8 yet to arrive, to leave BAF with the only 8 current Mig-29s.
BAF did mess up with the MRCA tender last year but the main fault is BNP, followed by AL who should have given BAF the funds years ago to go purchase a single squadron of 4+ gen fighters.

Really?
Back in the 1996-2001 AL period, BAF wanted 27 F-16s that was approved by the government but this was rejected by the US.
As an alternative an order was placed with Russia for 16 Mig-29s with an option for 16 more. The BNP government that came into power in 2002 cancelled the remaining 8 yet to arrive, to leave BAF with the only 8 current Mig-29s.
BAF did mess up with the MRCA tender last year but the main fault is BNP, followed by AL who should have given BAF the funds years ago to go purchase a single squadron of 4+ gen fighters.
How could you give money when it was tied up in other important things like electricity and providing farmers with enough water. I still remember went Hasina came to power 10 years back... these were the issues reported daily in news channels. Buying fighters back then would be stupid really.

How could you give money when it was tied up in other important things like electricity and providing farmers with enough water. I still remember went Hasina came to power 10 years back... these were the issues reported daily in news channels. Buying fighters back then would be stupid really.

Not immediately in 2009 but by end of first term in 2014 would have been ok.
I know that things like electricity that was totally messed up by BNP and infrastructure like
Padma Bridge( World Bank played dirty tricks over the funding and so BD had to go it alone),
had to take priority but BD could have found 2 billion US dollars over several years from 2014 onwards to purchase that squadron of 4+ gen fighters. I am sure that with a BAF that could take on MAF, Barmans would have thought twice before pushing out Rohingyas,

Not immediately in 2009 but by end of first term in 2014 would have been ok.
I know that things like electricity that was totally messed up by BNP and infrastructure like
Padma Bridge( World Bank played dirty tricks over the funding and so BD had to go it alone),
had to take priority but BD could have found 2 billion US dollars over several years from 2014 onwards to purchase that squadron of 4+ gen fighters. I am sure that with a BAF that could take on MAF, Barmans would have thought twice before pushing out Rohingyas,
Most probably do but I guess they wanted to increase headroom in power generation, the navy had to be built so they prioritized that and pilots again had to be trained.

Back
Top Bottom