What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

No you dont need to know how to make a bread to eat it, so you dont need to know making a plane to fly it. But you certainly need to know how to make a bread and ingredients if you want to use it as input for a different product.
Every country which produces aircraft from scratch can make their own carbon fiber. Trust me on this.

technology is a phone-call, pen-drive or air flight away..... its the intention that matters, which brings in technology - some that is knows to people as "ToT"

intention will bring technology..... that requires geopolitical alignment..... perhaps you forgot that the United States built its rocket arsenal with the help of German scientists and the Russian also did something similar regarding submarines after WWII..... building your base around others' technology has been done by the most powerful countries..... I am flabbergasted to know that you are citing "lack of knowhow" as a reason for not building manufacturing facilities....

and on another note, can you please give me the details of carbon fiber making process followed by all the countries that make aircraft?

technology is a phone-call, pen-drive and air flight away..... its the intention that matters, which brings in technology - some that is knows to people as "ToT"

intention will bring technology..... that requires geopolitical alignment..... perhaps you forgot that the United States built its rocket arsenal with the help of German scientists and the Russian also did something similar regarding submarines after WWII..... building your base around others' technology has been done by the most powerful countries..... I am flabbergasted to know that you are citing "lack of knowhow" as a reason for not building manufacturing facilities....

and on another note, can you please give me the details of carbon fiber making process followed by all the countries that make aircraft?

You live in fantasy world.

hmm..... do you have to invent the process to make bread in order to eat bread?

almost every country in the world currently uses carbon fiber, but only a handful control the technology to make it.... does that mean that before you can invent your own carbon-fiber process you stop using it altogether?

if your purpose of bringing up this issue is to prove that Bangladesh cannot possibly be thinking of manufacturing aircraft, then this is an agenda that I am not at all aligned with, unfortunately.....
If I may offer my humble opinion.

Producing GFRP or CFRP STRUCTURES need only a few technologies that are neither classified, nor critical.

1. You need Carbon fibres or Glass fibres (AKA 'row') woven into GFRP/CFRP 'CLOTH'.
2. You will also need two part epoxy resin and hardener mixed in prescribed ratio to make a liquid. You will brush on this liquid into flat laid CFRP OR GFRP cloth DRAPED OVER the mold of the part. Molds have oil type mold release on them so that resin will not stick to the mold. Sometimes GFRP OR CFRP cut fibres (flakes) are sprayed on over the resin to form a layer. Multiple layers are formed this way to make the part thicker and stronger.
3. The mold and resin layer is then put into a large oven the size of the mold (autoclave) and cured (hardened).
4. Higher quality and strength for aerospace part use (such as wing parts or assemblies) can be obtained by using better quality expensive resin and fiber.
5. CFRP is common for aerospace use, GFRP is commonly used for boat hulls.
6. In Bangladesh there are several GFRP boat builders, there is one called Taratari Shipyard. They made the boats for Hatirjheel transportation link.

Last edited:

Producing GFRP or CFRP STRUCTURES need only a few technologies that are neither classified, nor critical.

1. You need Carbon fibres or Glass fibres (AKA 'row') woven into GFRP/CFRP 'CLOTH'.
2. You will also need two part epoxy resin and hardener mixed in prescribed ratio to make a liquid. You will brush on this liquid into flat laid CFRP OR GFRP cloth DRAPED OVER the mold of the part. Molds have oil type mold release on them so that resin will not stick to the mold. Sometimes GFRP OR CFRP cut fibres (flakes) are sprayed on over the resin to form a layer. Multiple layers are formed this way to make the part thicker and stronger.
3. The mold and resin layer is then put into a large oven the size of the mold (autoclave) and cured (hardened).
4. Higher quality and strength for aerospace part use (such as wing parts or assemblies) can be obtained by using better quality expensive resin and fiber.
6. In Bangladesh there are several GFRP boat builders, there is one called Taratari Shipyard.India

Actually its 4 C-130E in service.

two unit, you want me to mention the reg. number of the said planes?
4 C 130B in service. Delivered under a $15 million deal.

c 130.jpg

SIPRI Arms Transfer Database
Screenshot_2017-07-11-16-30-50_1.jpg

Last edited:
Yak-130 serial no 120 crashed in Chittagong today. Pilots ejected safely after steering it off residential areas where all the flight controls failed midflight. Investigation underway.

6. In Bangladesh there are several GFRP boat builders, there is one called Taratari Shipyard. They made the boats for Hatirjheel transportation link.

brother, I was actually talking about the chemical process to make the fiber itself.... Cytec, Hexcel, SGL, Toho, Toray, Zoltek, Mitsubishi and Nippon are producers of carbon fiber that I know of.... in 2011, Iran announced that they have invented the process....

https://www.thoughtco.com/carbon-fiber-manufacturers-820398

anyway, the point was not to go into technical details.... rather it was a simple thing that I tried to tell - you don't need to invent the wheel in order to make a car....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom