What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I was talking about F-16 not AMRAAMs

Pak is one of the oldest F-16 users, we have the infrastructure to support F-16s,Training,maintenance and logistics supply.... so naturally it would cost us compartively lesser than a new user who would have to start from the beggining.

F-16s are also bought from USA through FMF.

But google the previous deal which is still lingering .. for 8 F-16 Block 52+ we have to pay 700 million.. thats 87.5 million per plane (minus infra,training,maintenance or logistic costs).

All of which and more are to be incurred by a new user.

View attachment 389668
BAF female officer briefing PAK soldiers in UN peace keeping mission in Africa.

Appears to be a pic from late 2000s.

That camo was replaced by Pak Army in 2012.

can you please give an idea, how much of the Erieye system is American?

Its not an american system but purely swedish.

Would probably cost around 700+ million dollars.

Pak operates 4 of these.

IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2735.JPG

In total PAF has 8 AWACS and several other EW/ELIENT/Electronic warfare aircraft.

Last edited:
3812b31bb051f8197474234cdeb44aed2e73e767.jpg

KJ500 AWACS

Only three countries on this planet can produce DESA AWACS, China is one of them.
That has be a little over self-confident. There are few counties could produce it. US, Isreal,sweden. Also Britain and France use US-made AWACS. But i do not doubt their ability to design and produce such a plane. For them, it is not a matter of technology but money and time.
China should be humble even we have had so much achievement.
Never underestimate other country.

Well, tbh, I dont like the carrier aircraft... does China got better than this carrier aircraft?
There is another AWAC KJ-2000 the aircraft of which is IL-76.

That has be a little over self-confident. There are few counties could produce it. US, Isreal,sweden. Also Britain and France use US-made AWACS. But i do not doubt their ability to design and produce such a plane. For them, it is not a matter of technology but money and time.
China should be humble even we have had so much achievement.
Never underestimate other country.

Our new DESA is generation ahead of UK and Israel, only E2D can bring the equation.

Well, tbh, I dont like the carrier aircraft... does China got better than this carrier aircraft?
Bro, waiting C919 being matured. I just can't wait if we put a DESA on it.

Our new DESA is generation ahead of UK and Israel, only E2D can bring the equation.
They do have the ability.
Bro, waiting C919 being matured. I just can't wait if we put a DESA on it.
C919 is a commercial jet and not big enough.Besides, its engines are made by P&W. So I prefer to put it on Y-20.

if BAF want to procure Mig 35 instead of Su 30 on Indian loan it will be wrong decision. other thing on defense pact is co operation between our three doc yards with Indian Two doc yard & Defense industry to industry. so Indian experts are easily enter the....................!! :undecided:

Now BD needs to raise the procurement of J 10b to counter India.
Guys what types of military hardware BD need to choose by this loan.

Good choice for BAF ! You will not be disappointed at J-10B.
Coming to others hardware, I think a EW plane is very useful for BAF.
The plane could jam and destroy the foe's electric equipment.
No matter how many weapons you have ,if you are suppressed in EW field, these weapon are piece of shit.
A lot of classic blitzkriegs implemented by Isreal AF are due to their efficient usage of EW weapons which blinded the enemy totally.

I recommend BAF of EJ-10 which is modified based on J-10, which
won't add too much logistical jobs.

As for AWAC, KJ-500 is good and qualified.

if BAF want to procure Mig 35 instead of Su 30 on Indian loan it will be wrong decision. other thing on defense pact is co operation between our three doc yards with Indian Two doc yard & Defense industry to industry. so Indian experts are easily enter the....................!! :undecided:

India can't dictate BAF to buy Su30 or Mig29? I think the 500 millions aid comes with pre condition. Highly suspicious

I trust BD, but has a question mark on Hasina.

Bro, KJ-2000 is a heavy awac system. Bangladesh just cant jump on using heavy awacs without any experience....
I understand.
If BAF wants a light AWAC system and excludes KJ-500, just buy a plane and then China could modify it with the equipment of KJ-500.
But I am afraid it will cost more.

I hope PAF goes for Kj2000 sometime in future. We have 7 AWACS in our airforce but we would need more to have AWACS available in case of a war.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom