What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Malaysia already retired their MiG-29's.

All eight of BAF's MiG's are in flyable condition.

Plot twist: Those are actually Burmese.

The reasons for difficulties with MiG's early on had been discussed to death in this very forum. I can't believe people are still spreading these over it.

1.It has been found impossible to refurbish the six u/s. Not even Russia is willing. Ukraine is busy otherwise. Because of nonavailability of spares, nations like Malaysia and Burma want to dispose this of. The only option is Bandhu India. They have the facility. And e shall fall further into their poisonous lap should there be a conflict with Burma.
2. PAF has been careful to have similar inventory as their true friends. It is otherwise with BAF.

1.It has been found impossible to refurbish the six u/s. Not even Russia is willing. Ukraine is busy otherwise. Because of nonavailability of spares, nations like Malaysia and Burma want to dispose this of. The only option is Bandhu India. They have the facility. And e shall fall further into their poisonous lap should there be a conflict with Burma.
2. PAF has been careful to have similar inventory as their true friends. It is otherwise with BAF.

Absolutely true. No offense to most Indians themselves but their government - less said the better.....

The last thing BAF should have is a dependency on Indian Govt.

no offense but idunes was a d**k.... ultra conservative c**t...

Some suspected him to be Bihari (which of-course he so predictably denied). I never understood him. I suspect he's schizophrenic.

whom are you talking about before that? pakistan days?....

Asad71.

hmmm.... so far people who have made my blood boil is that
mullah pic profile... dont remember the name...

Al-Zakir? Saiful Islam?

I don't agree with a lot of what Zakir bhai has to say. But he is at least honest and we respect each other's opinions. And that is very important. Something that idune never quite understood. He was a very divisive member here.

idunes
rome333 but lately the guy is better
bengali nazi... i mean like wtf whats with that name...

whose post i care about;...
bigbossman
loki
bd 4 ever
phoenix but only because he is like my brother... he has been annoying too xD :P

lolz...

Before I came here way back in 2011, this forum was dominated by conservatives. They tended to be very pro-Pakistan, even in light to the 71' War. Some views were upsetting or even shocking to me. My views are very left. But I did learn quite a bit. That's when I started dominating slowly. As time went by, this forum slowly grew with a more diverse range of Bangladeshis. Also, the politics of Bangladesh did not go in their favor. Hence, the silence.

The mistake that the conservatives made in my view was that they antagonized many Bangladeshis way too deep. And that along with a divisive member like idune. That way, they lost any popular support. And the dumbest of them all, they went directly against India. It doesn't work that way. You gotta play smart with them (especially when they are 30 times bigger than you).

I think Bangladeshis regardless of left or right can stand united.

What is a u/s? Why wouldn't MiG Corporation be willing to cooperate even in light of their terrible after sales service and QC issues? Spares should always come from them no matter how bad they are delivering them on time. And from where did you get the information that Burma want to dispose of its Fulcrums? And as I've said before, Malaysia had already retired them.

As far as manufacture of spares go, even India suffers problems with them. But there had been discussions between India and Russia regarding the manufacture of some spares and components in India.

"Servicing of MiG-29K and Kamov helicopters" is a severe problem due to lack of spares," an Indian Navy official said.

Suggesting ways to improve the supply of spares, an IAF official said: "Long-term supply agreements and long-term repair agreements with (Russian) original equipment manufacturers is the solution."
http://www.defensenews.com/articles...es-to-work-with-india-to-supply-weapon-spares

Sources told Sputnik that delegation level talks are scheduled in March to sign the contract for improving spare parts availability including manufacturing some of them in India. Meanwhile, a significant improvement has witnessed in the availability of Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft in last two years. "Sukhoi availability which had slipped to 46 per cent today is now above 63 per cent," Parrikar said.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201701041049247824-india-russia-fighter-aircraft-pact/

I don't know if this is BS, but I'll give it a go.
http://www.makeinindiadefence.com/IN MiG-29 - 9.pdf
Unbelievable that these things are on the Internet.

I admit, all that took was a simple Google search with the sole purpose of verifying that piece of information you had provided.

Just explain one thing here: If the Indians themselves struggle with spares for the own Russian birds, how on earth would they be able to supply another country's? India is far from an industrialized country as of now. So, based on the data gathered (the latest), that piece of information you provided makes no sense. That kind of capability is only possible for an industrialized country. Or at least, deep knowledge of aircraft and engine technology.

I'm saying these even though I personally prefer Western jets.

I do not see how that is relevant to the BAF.

But I'll add something here for others to see. During the Kargil Conflict, the U.S. (not surprisingly) did impose sanctions on Pakistan, and that included their F-16's. And yet, they managed to keep them running long enough to keep the Indians at bay.

Last edited:
What is a u/s? Why wouldn't MiG Corporation be willing? Spares should always come from them. And from where did you get the information that Burma want to dispose of its Fulcrums? And as I've said before, Malaysia had already retired them (you should pay more attention).

As far as manufacture of spares go, even India suffers problems with them. But there had been discussions regarding the manufacture of some spares and components in India.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles...es-to-work-with-india-to-supply-weapon-spares

https://sputniknews.com/military/201701041049247824-india-russia-fighter-aircraft-pact/

I don't know if this is BS, but I'll give it a go.
http://www.makeinindiadefence.com/IN MiG-29 - 9.pdf
Unbelievable that these things are on the Internet.

I admit, all that took was a simple Google search with the sole purpose of verifying that piece of information you had provided.

Just explain one thing here: If the Indians themselves struggle with spares for the own Russian birds, how on earth would they be able to supply another country's? India is far from an industrialized country as of now. So, based on the data gathered (the latest), that piece of information you provided makes no sense. That kind of capability is only possible for an industrialized country. Or at least, deep knowledge of aircraft and engine technology.

I'm saying these even though I personally prefer Western jets.

I do not see how that is irrelevant to the BAF.

But I'll add something here for others to see. During the Kargil Conflict, the U.S. (not surprisingly) did impose sanctions on Pakistan, and that included their F-16's. And yet, they managed to keep them running long enough to keep the Indians at bay.

1.During '65 and '71 Turkey, Iran, Jordan and S Arabia covertly supplied spares and even aircraft. With similar inventory, and having trained / exercised together this was simple.

2. We should have similar arrangement with Indonesia and Malaysia. Although these two have issues of their own, both have been approaching us for more engagement. We may not realize but other Muslim nations respect / value us as a major Mulim country.

Don't call him Asad71,call him jamaati doggy.

The product is MiG-35.I am wondering how did the SMT get impregnated by the OVT....

Hush,thats my special trait.Don't publicize it!

Kira.
but what matters is how ugly SMT looks on ground... even more uglier than the normal version...
i guess it's their speciality to look good in air and nothing else...

No... i will blow your cover!!! :D

1.During '65 and '71 Turkey, Iran, Jordan and S Arabia covertly supplied spares and even aircraft. With similar inventory, and having trained / exercised together this was simple.

That was what Turkey did during the Kargil Conflict. That was how the Pakistanis kept the F-16's flying. Those two have history together. I'm aware that the Americans did impose sanctions on both the 65' and 71' war, but that doesn't answer my questions.

It's worth mentioning that Iran and Pakistan shared better relations during the Shah era. Their relations are frosty at best right now. Though I'd like so, Muslim brotherhood is just not there like it used to be. Long gone are the Cold War days.

2. We should have similar arrangement with Indonesia and Malaysia. Although these two have issues of their own, both have been approaching us for more engagement. We may not realize but other Muslim nations respect / value us as a major Mulim country.

The only other country I can think of is perhaps atheist China. But Malaysia and Indonesia? Really? They don't spend much on their respective military. The Malays operate only a handful of Flankers (ironically, they were inspired after being impressed by Indian MKI's). The Indonesians are now opting for Western gear. I fail to see how their Muslim quality qualifies as anything.

You are wrong about one thing here.

Let's be clear about one thing: India is a fast emerging economy, and most countries will tend to prefer them over us, Pakistan or anyone else in the neighborhood. And that especially includes most Muslim-majority countries. They won't respect you for your religion. They respect you for your money. That's the truth nowadays, like it or not. Be wary of that.

If we do require 'friends', make them contractual for starters. They are contracts because they have objectivity in mind.

In my view, ultimately build them ourselves. Trust no one. We don't need others to do things for us, we need to get past this. Unmanned (optional), autonomous, low observable air vehicles are the future.

BD Airforce finally floated a tender for a Medium Range SAM system. (have been hearing this since 2014, guess they were just window-shopping all this time!!!)
To be delivered in 20 months, system must be of latest model and must be manufactured after Jan 2017, min detection range 140km, min interception range 35km; in height 15km, 4 simultaneous engagement, min kill probability 80%, TOT on maintenance, source code, software, tech guys to be involved with assembling etc etc......
Most likely to be HQ16A but I Wish to see HQ16B.
We may see Indian DRDO Akash to participate as it also matches criteria or Even Russian Buk series.....

BD Airforce finally floated a tender for a Medium Range SAM system. (have been hearing this since 2014, guess they were just window-shopping all this time!!!)
To be delivered in 20 months, system must be of latest model and must be manufactured after Jan 2017, min detection range 140km, min interception range 35km; in height 15km, 4 simultaneous engagement, min kill probability 80%, TOT on maintenance, source code, software, tech guys to be involved with assembling etc etc......
We may see Indian DRDO Akash to participate as it also matches criteria or Even Russian Buk series.....

:whistle: Floating a tender is just a eyewash, LY-80 will be selected and delivered...some unit may already be in evaluation stage :whistle:

Don't call him Asad71,call him jamaati doggy.

As much as I despise him. He should not get such nickname.

He did fight for your (and his) country and put his life on the line for it.

If you did not do the same, you should not attach a moniker to him.

By all means criticize and call him jamati period.

Indian Akash does not qualify. I just read the document. Akash does not qualify in two grounds.
1) Must had a existing foreign buyer.
2) Must have range up to 35 km whereas akash have only 25 km
3) It also want surveillance radar, tracking radar, launcher in separate vehicle. Not sure if Akash qualify for that.

HQ16A LY-80 Ground-to-air defense missile system

HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_640_002.jpg

Description Back to top
Design
The HQ16A (LY-80) launcher missile system is carried by an 8x8 truck that contains a command and control station behind the cab, and behind those are six firing missile containers in two rows of three. These containers are tilted back so that the missiles can be fired straight up, just as they are from VLS (Vertical launch System) cells. In firing position, the wheels are raised off the ground and the carriage is supported at four points by hydraulic jacks, two at the rear and one on each side.
Missile
The HQ16A (LY-80) missile can intercept an aerial flying target from an 15 m to 18 km of altitude, while its maximum interception range for combat aircraft is 40km, and between 3.5 km and 12 km for cruise missiles flying at an altitude of 50 meters at a speed of 300 meters/second. Single-shot kill probability is a claimed figure of 85 per cent against combat aircraft, and 60 per cent against cruise missiles. The missile guidance system is of the composite type, comprising initial independent inertial guidance and intermittent illumination and semi-active homing terminal guidance.

Control and command systems

The HQ16A (LY-80) SAM components comprise a searching radar vehicle, command vehicle, radar tracking and guidance vehicle, launcher unit vehicle, and missiles canister. Technical support equipment includes missile transportation and loading vehicle, power supply vehicle, maintenance vehicle, and missile-test equipment. A single radar guidance vehicle controls two to four launcher units with six missiles ready to launch. The command vehicle is responsible to send target information and combat orders.
The searching radar vehicle is equipped with solid-state S-band 3-D passive phased-array radar mounted on the top of a mast. When the target is detected, the searching radar vehicle performs automatic IFF (Identification Friend-or-Foe), threat judgment, flight path processing and provide target engagement information for the tracking-and-guidance radar. The S-band radar has a range of 140 km and can detect targets flying at an altitude of 20 km.
HQ-16A_LY-80_searching_radar_vehicle_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg
Search radar vehicle from HQ-16A (LY-80) air defence missile system battery unit

The tracking and guidance radar vehicle performs target acquisition and tracking, and identification of target types. It also controls the missile launching and illuminates the target after the missile is fired. L-band passive phased-array radar is mounted at the rear of the vehicle and has a range of 85 km. The L-band radar can detect up to six targets and track four of them, and provide fire-control/guidance for up to eight missiles.
HQ-16A_LY-80_tracking_guidance_radar_vehicle_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_001.jpg
Tracking/guidance radar vehicle from HQ-16A (LY-80) air defence missile system battery unit

Specifications

Type
ground-to-air defense missile system

Country users
China
Designer Country
China

Guidance system
Inertial guidance and intermittent illumination

Speed missile
Mach 3

Launch Weight
690 kg

Warhead missile
70 kg

Range
3 - 42 km

Dimensions missile
Length, 5,010 m; diameter 0,340 m

Details View

HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_detail_001.jpg

HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_right_side_view_002.jpg
HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_left_side_view_002.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom