What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Apologies you are correct the latest migs are twin engines are I am really expecting them. However it would not surprise me although not sure how feasible it is if we bought second hand single engine versions like what we already have .

I do not think BAF will buy sukois and introduce new maintenance infrastructure. We know the migs, have developed technical expertise and will buy more of them.

It's a waiting game.... BD will buy loads of jets it is just a question of can the Chinese provide them in time.

In my opinion there is no possibility what so ever of western jets.
All russian jets are twin-engine. It's in their doctrine for maneuverability and harsh cold climate of Russia demands twin-engine planes. Even Canada might scrap/delay F-35 procurement and instead go for twin-engine F/A-18 since their war-mongering former conservative PM is out and it has same cold climate as Russia.

BAF migs are single engine, why?

I do not know who else operates single engine migs and why BD chose to go with single engine migs but one assumes we are not the only one.

BAF migs are single engine, why?

I do not know who else operates single engine migs and why BD chose to go with single engine migs but one assumes we are not the only one.
you ok ? why do you guys bring such absurd topic even which does not exist ? since when BAF mig29s have become single engine even though never such mig29 designed, forget about production ?
ghum hoisilo thik moto ? :pissed: you guys seriously pisses me off :mad:

you ok ? why do you guys bring such absurd topic even which does not exist ? since when BAF mig29s have become single engine even though never such mig29 designed, forget about production ?

I think he is referring to the Chinese f-7 BAF has. I honestly think BAF is gonna go for used Mig-29 to complete the squadron. What BAF does with these 8 aircraft will show which direction it is going in.

if I am wrong I stand corrected... I was under the impression that our migs were single engine for whatever reason.

what i would love for BAF to happen is to be in a position to participate in joint exercises with other air forces in the region. Right now to be honest we have nothing to contribute. However, perhaps we could learn a thing or two from more sophisticated forces. Aren't we friendly with Thailand? China? i would love to say Pakistan but not with this current government. Maybe even Saudi Arabia or Turkey someday. But like i said right now we really have nothing to contribute to these exercises.

what i would love for BAF to happen is to be in a position to participate in joint exercises with other air forces in the region. Right now to be honest we have nothing to contribute. However, perhaps we could learn a thing or two from more sophisticated forces. Aren't we friendly with Thailand? China? i would love to say Pakistan but not with this current government. Maybe even Saudi Arabia or Turkey someday. But like i said right now we really have nothing to contribute to these exercises.
lol

Guys it aint be Mig this time for sure. Its the Chinese money, so it will be Chinese. And J-10A is exportable not the J-10B.

That would be really interesting. With the J-10A would be sd-10a bvr missile and pl-9c which we already have. perhaps in the future pl-10 and a hms. i want modern capabilities for this new purchase. more old mig-29 would be a disappointment. we need quality over quantity.

Apologies you are correct the latest migs are twin engines are I am really expecting them. However it would not surprise me although not sure how feasible it is if we bought second hand single engine versions like what we already have .

I do not think BAF will buy sukois and introduce new maintenance infrastructure. We know the migs, have developed technical expertise and will buy more of them.

It's a waiting game.... BD will buy loads of jets it is just a question of can the Chinese provide them in time.

In my opinion there is no possibility what so ever of western jets.

We have to wait and see.
But best combination would be SU-30/35 + J-10A/B.
I prefer SU-30 over Migs due to the fact that China produces and operates flankers. So our technician can always get extra hand from China apart from Russia.

i really do not want Mig-29. with the su-30 now that would be interesting as well. assuming myanmar is our main threat the range of the su-30 in conjunction with stand off weapons would give BAF a real advantage.

i doubt su-35 or j-10b is on the cards.

more important than weapons however is the continued attention to improving infrastructure, education and economy. that is the foundation of a country.

i think this video quoted the info about J-10 from a 2010 source.

i think BAF is likely going to go for another 8 used Mig-29 from a former USSR state.
It will be a bad purchase because all former soviet states have either retired their mig or are not in fly worthy condition. A smarted decision is to buy mig35 because of the cheaper maintenance and more suited to today's goals and requirements. Plus better performance.

As a non-military person (only with an interest), i wonder what the capabilities of the current BAF is. And i wonder what their thinking is in regards to the capability they hope to gain with additional platforms. That being said i dont think obtaining more Mig-29 is a good idea. I dont know the specifics about maintanance costs..etc.etc.., however Bangladesh is a small country. I would imagine a 2 engine machine requiring more resources to maintain than a single engine aircraft.

I think what Bangaldesh needs is to create a small technologically advanced forced. Highly trained. With modern capabilties. I think the economy is getting there. We need to emphasize good training and Western philosophies in tactics and strategy.

In terms of a new aircraft. How about retiring the Mig-29. Entertain buying the JF-17 block 3. Or used Gripens. Something with a single engine. Cheaper to maintain. With the capability to deliver modern munitions. BVR in air to air. PGM and stand off weapons for air to ground. anti ship capability.

I think we need to see Myanmar as a more realistic adversary than India. However I hope evenutally to see the Bangladesh armed forces reach a capability level that would give pause to India bullying us in the future.
Russian and Chinese jets cost of maintenance is lower than American counterparts. For ex
A f-16 can take upto 26k $ per hour of flight maintenance. Mig 29 takes around 5500$.
I don't think jf-17 from mig is an upgrade. More downgrade tbh. However j-10 is a good deal and Bangladesh most probably will get those along with Russian jets... given we bought k-8 and yak-130 for training.

Ami hashtasi ekhane Oder kotha shune. Beshivag lok ekhane kuno kichui jane na. XD

Bangladesh does excercises and participates in war games in Pakistan. It's always kept classified. Only on special forces level. Not on regular troops

Guys it aint be Mig this time for sure. Its the Chinese money, so it will be Chinese. And J-10A is exportable not the J-10B.
If we ain't getting j-10B then it's worthless jet.
But you're wrong even j-10B is on export market and designated as FC-20 I believe.
The A version was the first production version. Now B is produced with AESA radar and other changes in cockpit.

We have to wait and see.
But best combination would be SU-30/35 + J-10A/B.
I prefer SU-30 over Migs due to the fact that China produces and operates flankers. So our technician can always get extra hand from China apart from Russia.
I am certain that will be the future combinations. Flankers are more reliable cheaper and easier to maintain than the migs.

A Bangladesh Air Force's Yakovlev Yak-130 LIFT/CAS advanced trainer/Combat jet from Squadron-21 "Avengers" is seen test firing a R-73M Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missiles (WVRAAM).
As an advanced training aircraft, The Yakovlev Yak-130 (NATO reporting name: Mitten) is able to replicate the characteristics of several 4+ generation fighters as well as the fifth-generation Sukhoi PAK FA. It can also perform light-attack and reconnaissance duties, carrying a combat load of ...

See More

3 Comments
2 Shares

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom