What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

We will probably replace l-39 with Yak-130

replacing one set of trainer with another ..... as per the plan.... its just great that the YAKs can actually act as fighters to a capacity although limited is far in advance of anything L-39 was ever designed to do.

replacing one set of trainer with another ..... as per the plan.... its just great that the YAKs can actually act as fighters to a capacity although limited is far in advance of anything L-39 was ever designed to do.

True. I really like the fact that you can change flight envelopes from a menu at the push of a button.

lL-39 degine as trainer where yak-130 develope as light attack and jet trainer. A massive boast for our air force as they are loking for probably Russian heavyweight fighter like su-30

l-15s should be replaced as they are old now i think some of them crashed in BD too ?

We will probably replace l-39 with Yak-130

If L-39 is gonna replace, it will be replaced by K-8 as Yak-130 has different role for BAF.

The 9 K8s we have bought has replaced the T-37s. More may follow.

The 16 Yaks will replace the L39s.

Both will be used to train fighters, both have limited ability to step in as fighters in their own rights but I suspect they are primary role will be as trainers just like the jets they are replacing.

The 9 K8s we have bought has replaced the T-37s. More may follow.

The 16 Yaks will replace the L39s.

Both will be used to train fighters, both have limited ability to step in as fighters in their own rights but I suspect they are primary role will be as trainers just like the jets they are replacing.

Bangladesh having a small to medium sized air-force has no shortage of diversity for trainer prototypes...at one time or another we have operated Fouga Magisters, T-37 tweets, L-39's and now K-8's and Yak-130's.

K-8's are basic jet trainers while the Yak-130's are lead in trainers.

So the training progression is going to be: Nanchang CJ-6 --> K-8 --> Yak-130 -->Mig-29SE/Su-30

At some point a new advanced prop trainer is going to be introduced. I'd personally rather have that as a multi-role aircraft which can also be used as a COIN aircraft in a pinch.

Some choices (all use the bulletproof, well-proven and very common Pratt and Whitney PT-6A Turboprop engine which allows fuel economy with great loiter time unlike jet engined trainers),

Korea's KT-1 being made for Turkey, Indonesia and Peru. Here's one assembled in Peru (KT-1P). We could easily assemble this with ToT and save a ton of money...($7 Million each ex-Korea fly-away, a lot less with local assembly)
3l-image.jpg

TAI Hurkus (Turkey) still in development
1-image-1.jpg

And the best (IMHO) Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano (9-14 Million). Indonesia just bought one squadron some for 10 Million apiece.
a29_super_tucano.jpg

as far as bdmilitary said the yak130 is replacing the avengers sqd of A5
so it mean we might have another type of plane trainers or yak130 / k8 in the sqd of l39

Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano is perfect for us but it has Western equip so we need permission first but i like that , we need trainer like thatit can do modern plane can do

it cost 9 to 14 mil include what you get train weapons the kind of avionics you put etc...
it cost 400 usd to 500 usd per hour flight that is really cheap

Last edited:
as far as bdmilitary said the yak130 is replacing the avengers sqd of A5
so it mean we might have another type of plane trainers or yak130 / k8 in the sqd of l39

Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano is perfect for us but it has Western equip so we need permission first but i like that , we need trainer like thatit can do modern plane can do

it cost 9 to 14 mil include what you get train weapons the kind of avionics you put etc...
it cost 400 usd to 500 usd per hour flight that is really cheap

Plus maintenance on these engines is cheap too. PT-6A is like the CFM-56 of the turboprop world. Pakistan Airlines Twin otters have used early version of this engine locally since the 60's. Almost every jet aircraft mechanic knows how to fix these by now.

So KT-1 is a little cheaper but I think Super Tucano is far more capable (can carry AIM-9, China PL-9/TY-90 missiles)

As far as Basic Prop trainers go - I think we have to soldier on with the CJ-6's until CJ-7 is ready....still in trials. CJ-7 is a Yakovlev/Hongdu joint development....

CIXOZUXXAAARy1g.jpg

More on topic,

Here are some images of the weapons fits on Belarus' Yak-130's

KAB-500Kr bombs
CDquIWmWMAAgMSA.png

Four R-73s, S-25 and B-13 rockets, and with KAB-500Kr guided bombs
CDqtcdpWIAAWoq7.png
CDByNV8WAAAdHqk.jpg

Plus maintenance on these engines is cheap too. PT-6A is like the CFM-56 of the turboprop world. Pakistan Airlines Twin otters have used early version of this engine locally since the 60's. Almost every jet aircraft mechanic knows how to fix these by now.

So KT-1 is a little cheaper but I think Super Tucano is far more capable (can carry AIM-9, China PL-9/TY-90 missiles)

As far as Basic Prop trainers go - I think we have to soldier on with the CJ-6's until CJ-7 is ready....still in trials. CJ-7 is a Yakovlev/Hongdu joint development....

CIXOZUXXAAARy1g.jpg

More on topic,

Here are some images of the weapons fits on Belarus' Yak-130's

KAB-500Kr bombs
CDquIWmWMAAgMSA.png

Four R-73s, S-25 and B-13 rockets, and with KAB-500Kr guided bombs
CDqtcdpWIAAWoq7.png
CDByNV8WAAAdHqk.jpg

woo love the yak130 armed plane , yes that is why i said for BAF should buy the embaer
the Yak130 of BAF can do the work of A5

Since Bangladesh is interested in attack heli,they should go for Ka-52 Alligator
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443074868.763560.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom