What's new

Featured Bangladesh Air Force Purchases 24 German Trainers With ToT

Transfer of Technology is hogwash term used by Defense Companies of Industrialized nations to secure a favorable deal with a developing country by only providing them only some assembly work in return. Complete ToT for them is like killing a hen that lays golden egg, they'll never transfer their core technologies.

Well duh lol , but EFT TOT will be available in the future when those certain European nations get their 5th gen aircrafts.

The airframe is made of fiberglass reinforced plastic and is stressed to +6/-4g. The wings are made of carbon fiber composites with winglets. The cockpit provides room for students and teachers wearing military equipment and helmets. The HOTAS control system is similar to that found in other types of aircraft that students may fly later in their careers.

Therefore, basic and advanced flight training for future transport aircraft, helicopter or jet pilots will be possible. The cockpit is equipped with movable seats, or optionally, the new Martin-Baker Mk.17 lightweight ejection seats. The instrument panel can be equipped with a 4-screen Genesys Aerosystems IDU-680 EFIS. An autopilot and air conditioning system are available as well as an oxygen system and second thrust lever.

"Chief just jabbed @bluesky at 15:47 minutes. :rofl::rofl: Anyway i remember how some people laughed and mocked us for talking about aircraft production. Even yesterday some dumb foreigners tried to act like pundit about our MRCA program. I hope they all notice these developments. It's not like we will do it overnight but this is a step towards the goal which began with MRO of PT-6 and Bell-212".

Response to the above quotation. People should know the meaning of ToT. ToT means the Transfer of Technology. The news says the German company will set up one or two repair workshops but people here are shouting JOY BANGLA, BD will get ToT and will build German planes. How silly and ignorant our people are in BD!!!

No wonder, this country is still limping on two weak legs although 73 years have passed since 1947. ইহাকেই পন্ডিতেরা বলে থাকেন, "পর্বতের মূষিক প্রসব"। Our big talking people are expert to give birth to small mice.

Please improve your English comprehension ability, guy, and read the news again!!! What Serniabat says to please small guys like you is no concern but the content of the news is. The news never said, Bd will start producing jet planes, missiles and rockets soon.

Study all the related science and technology matters for at least another century and then talk. Doing those things need depth of knowledge on technologies. A Kindergarten boy cannot write a Ph.D. Thesis!!

The developed world is advancing at the rate of about 299, 792 km per second and we are still begging for a 200-year-old ToT that our people are unable to understand or build by themselves. Very sad, we have not been offered even that old ToT!!! Technology must be developed by a country's own people.

Last edited:
"Chief just jabbed @bluesky at 15:47 minutes. :rofl::rofl: Anyway i remember how some people laughed and mocked us for talking about aircraft production. Even yesterday some dumb foreigners tried to act like pundit about our MRCA program. I hope they all notice these developments. It's not like we will do it overnight but this is a step towards the goal which began with MRO of PT-6 and Bell-212".

Response to the above quotation. People should know the meaning of ToT. ToT means the Transfer of Technology. The news says the German company will set up one or two repair workshops but people here are shouting JOY BANGLA, BD will get ToT and will build German planes. How silly and ignorant our people are in BD!!!

No wonder, this country is still limping on two weak legs although 73 years have passed since 1947. ইহাকেই পন্ডিতেরা বলে থাকেন, "পর্বতের মূষিক প্রসব"। Our big talking people are expert to give birth to small mice.

Please improve your English comprehension ability, guy, and read the news again!!! What Serniabat says to please small guys like you is no concern but the content of the news is. The news never said, Bd will start producing jet planes, missiles and rockets soon.

Study all the related science and technology matters for at least another century and then talk. Doing those things need depth of knowledge on technologies. A Kindergarten boy cannot write a Ph.D. Thesis!!

The developed world is advancing at the rate of about 299, 792 km per second and we are still begging for 200-year-old ToT that our people are unable to understand or build by themselves. Very sad!!!
By the time Bangladesh could even build their own F7s the world would have already moved on to 6th gen fighters

By the time Bangladesh could even build their own F7s the world would have already moved on to 6th gen fighters
How many countries will build 6 gen fighters by this time? How many countries build combat aircraft?

Why the hell bd needs to build fighter jets ?! Our requirement is low I repeat our requirement is low, setting up a fighter aircraft manufacturing plant is a waste of money. All we need for our air force is a mro plant , may be produce some spares. That's it.

Why the hell bd needs to build fighter jets ?! Our requirement is low I repeat our requirement is low, setting up a fighter aircraft manufacturing plant is a waste of money. All we need for our air force is a mro plant , may be produce some spares. That's it.

Exactly.

My hope is for Bangladesh to monetize the civilian aviation support market with its labor force. (i.e. pump out legions of skilled Bangladeshis who can work on the foreign civilian market)

And field a credible defense with a competent and capable air force.

Anything else is gravy.

It is too bad that a country with a population of 164 million should be happy when it buys such a simple aircraft. Exports should be made urgently by making use of cheap labor at the composite level, if not at the platform level for aviation.

You are very right. Even if what you said about F7 is right, BD must start with small technologies and keep on improving on those for many decades. China has been doing the same for more than 70 years. It is OK if we can do that way.

I was searching for the manufacturer of small pump machines for farm irrigation. I could not find one for this small machine and here people are talking about Jet Planes!! How Heculiar and Hathetic!!

Every piece of pump machine is imported, it seems. Please send me a link if you found one such manufacturer in BD.

By the way, do not please ridicule the F-7 plane. Once upon a time, it was called poor county's F-16. It is a very good plane.

You are very right. Even if what you said about F7 is right, BD must start with small technologies and keep on improving on those for many decades. China has been doing the same for more than 70 years. It is OK if we can do that way.

I was searching for the manufacturer of small pump machines for farm irrigation. I could not find one for this small machine and here people are talking about Jet Planes!! How Heculiar and Hathetic!!

Every piece of pump machine is imported, it seems. Please send me a link if you found one such manufacturer in BD.

By the way, do not please ridicule the F-7 plane. Once upon a time, it was called poor county's F-16. It is a very good plane.

Here is a company producing agricultural machinery in BD.... but not pumps.... still progresss...

There are a few more thats seems to be scaling up...

Pakistan make combat aircraft. Did Pakistan started with small technology and keep improving for many decades?

Back
Top Bottom