What's new

Bangladesh Air Force delivery

I wonder how the A-5C was configured to carry sidewinders? If the Chinese have enough knowledge to integrate missile with the aircraft. They must know how to integrate Sidewinders in JF-17 and possibly SD-10 in F-16 if it is allowed.

Sir,

Why is this age old design chosen for the nuclear delivery system by PAF when we could have done the same with Mirage or F-16B?

We have now Specially with F-16s.

I wonder how the A-5C was configured to carry sidewinders? If the Chinese have enough knowledge to integrate missile with the aircraft. They must know how to integrate Sidewinders in JF-17 and possibly SD-10 in F-16 if it is allowed.

according to my information, AIM-9sidewinder & A-Darter can be fitted on JF-17. but there is no need to integrate SD-10 on F-16. we will have plenty of AIM120C for that :flag:

Did the PAF not integrate the AIM-9 on the A-5 by itself?

No the integration circuitry was provided by the Chinese as part of Pakistani upgrades to the aircraft. The same happened on F-7s and F-6s. Pakistani innovations on the F-6 and later on adopted on the A-5 have been the extention of range by integrating the center line fuel tank on the belly now known as "Gondola" tank.

yup i heard j10 is going to be used as striker so dats gr8...when is the first j10 delivery expected?:)

and yeah i hate all that controvercy that jf17 is facing...lets hope it can all be solved swiftly and smoothly!

yup i heard j10 is going to be used as striker so dats gr8...when is the first j10 delivery expected?:)

and yeah i hate all that controvercy that jf17 is facing...lets hope it can all be solved swiftly and smoothly!

well PAF didn't confirm F-10 Order yet because they are looking for best avionics for J10 which can be an AESA in order to match with IAF 126MRCA. if an AESA is confirmed for F-10, they may buy that bird in large number:flag:

paf is currently 360 aircraft rite? we should looik at makinbg thst number atleast 450

paf is currently 360 aircraft rite? we should looik at makinbg thst number atleast 450

PAF has about 180 mirages, 150 F7, 40 A-5 and 34 F-16. total = 420+
We should maintain that number as the aircraft density is much greater in pakistan than India. the higher the numbers the higher the maintainence cost will be.

We should maintain that number as the aircraft density is much greater in pakistan than India.
That is not even a remotely valid argument. In case of war, density will not matter, as every plane in the Indian soil will start flying towards the western and north western borders, flooding Pakistani airspace. Barring a token force in some places deemed sensitive.

This density argument is only valid in peace time when the forces are divided throughout the country.

the higher the numbers the higher the maintainence cost will be.
True...

Mirages are going no were for a long time specially the ones we got from Middle-east, we bought a lot of Mirages from Middeast and from one country we got 40 of them and you can say they were Zero meter.

Back
Top Bottom