What's new

Ban the banning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnyD

Reaction score
Country
India
I have been active in this forum for quite a long time now, although I am pretty much enjoying my stay over here , I personally not happy the way mods are governing this forum…some of the mods literally behave like school boys and they just portray a knee jerk reaction at some occasions…

mods like Zak and Irfan baloch are really doing their job nicely..

Mods like Antibody and Oscar…really need a break!

I think banning is not the solution, mods should own the responsibly of monitoring every thread and if they come across any objectionable post, they should delete that post and intimate the same to poster in a friendly language..

At most, mods can stop them posting for 24 hrs but a ban of one week or one month..is just ridiculous when we talk abt freedom of speech...

Hey, don't complain. At least they don't perm ban people.

IMO - Long Term ban must be based on history of member, because most of time trolls create new ID and start their work again - so for them ban is useless

@Abhi...I started this thread after seeing some really good poster and regular members are online but cant post because they have been banned…I personally get banned at least once in a month but that is okay, but when I see some real good contributors are banned by the authorized people, it is imperative to understand if there is any flaw in the process or people who are elected to ensure the process is being followed are not worth!

Users are told to stay in line with infractions and warnings, and if they don't comply, then sterner measures are taken.

Bans are in place for various reasons, most importantly for the betterment of the forum (we can do without the low quality posts) and for the banned user as well (sometimes a break helps clear the mind and lets you focus).

Long bans are an accumulation of points and history. Shorter bans are on the discretion of the management.

Bans cannot be done away with.

Users who dont go off topic and take shots will never be banned here. Those who do will, no matter what their rank is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom