What's new

Baluch Sunni woman elected mayor is first for Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
good development for Iran :tup:

Well Islamic republics doesn't care about some ones ethnic affiliation, for example ow in Khouzestan they are many ethnic Arabs(Khouzestani Arabs are shia) policemen and other officials(although this does not stop arab separatist from their stupid demands).

In Iran we have Persians, Azeris, Kurds(Shia and Sunni), Lurs, Gilakis, Mazandaranis, Balouchs, Arabs and Turkmen people, so Iran is a very diverse country but more than 90 percent of Iranians are Shia muslims and Islamic republic insist on Shia unity and does not promote PERSIAN elitism(I have been to Zabol a Shia Persian city and I can say that it is much poorer and neglected than Sanandaj or Zahedan).

It is also true that Persian language is becoming dominate in some non Persian populations, newer generation Gilakis, Mazandaranis, Lurs, Shia kurds and Azeris in Qazvin and Hamedan provices and some no Azeri areas(My father is an Azeri but I don't speak Azeri although I understand some Azeri) but this phenomenon doesn't have anything to do with a systematic Persianization policy the reason for this is cultural issues for example Lurish is a language closely related to Persian(you can even consider it a persian accent) newer generation don't want to speak it because it sounds ridiculous the same can be said for Gilaki and Mazandari(although with some differences).

To be honest our Kurdish countrymen(in Kordestan and Western Azerbaijan provinces) treat their women poorly I have personally been in both Kermanshah and Kordestan provinces, in Kermanshah cit in has become a lot like other parts of Iran they(mostly young ones) speak Persian and I didn't felt much difference from them culturally but in Kordestan(specially in rural areas- i have been to baneh) women do most of the jobs while men are lazy and are mostly wasting their time(although Sanandaj is better in this regards) in Kordestan there is also a bad phenomenon namely female circumcision, I hadn't been to Balouchistan very much so I can't personally speak about them but I have heard that they are worst in this regards.

Ethnic problem in Iran is mostly about religion although Arab separatism is truly ethnic becuase most Iranian Arabs are Shia and Arabic language is taught from middle school onward to not only arabs nut to all Iranians, the problem is that Arabs don't see themselves as Iranians.

In the future Iran becomes even more homogenous as Lurish, Gilaki, Mazandarani and Kurdish in Shia kurdish(Ilam,Kermanshah and some parts of khorasan) areas will become much weaker and eventually they will be replaced by Persian, Zanjan, Ardebil and Azerbaijan will remain dominantly Azeri speaking areas, Sunni kurds, Balouchis, Turkmen and Arabs too will not lose their language, future ethnic problems in the future will be contained to Sunni parts of Iranian Kurdistan, Balouchistan and Arab areas of Khouzestan(two third of Khouzi population are Persians and Lurs), there won't be much of a problem in Azeri areas because half of our military and politic officials are Azeris and they are even over represented in Iran's political and military systems.
Gilakis, Mazandaranis, lurs, tats, bakhtiarismare subgroups of Persians, they are Persian who speak an older Persian dilaect related to mkddle Persian Pahlavi.

You are right that minorities are becoming persified, this is a good thing. A more homogeneous a nation ethnically, the less it will be threatened by seperatism. I have to admit though, kurds are most likely much much more less persified, specifically in isolated cities, than other minorities like baluchis and azeris etc... Most azeris I know refer to themselves as Persians really.

Its bound to happen. Also baluchi itself is extremely similare to middle Persian pahlavi, almost like a dialect. In pakistan I heard from a pakistani friend that they consider baluchis as Persians.

Gilakis, Mazandaranis, lurs, tats, bakhtiarismare subgroups of Persians, they are Persian who speak an older Persian dilaect related to mkddle Persian Pahlavi.
Pure BS.
Mazandanis and Gilaks are even more connected to caucasians, like Azeris and Georgian than Iranians like Persians, let alone being a subgroup of them. You can read the below Genetic studies about Mazandaranis and Gilaks:
http://www.kavehfarrokh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/nasidze.pdf

Bakhtiaris are the "Big Lur" Tribes and not Persian. Ask some Bakhtiari person to clarify it for you.

You are right that minorities are becoming persified, this is a good thing. A more homogeneous a nation ethnically, the less it will be threatened by seperatism.
Is not it called Fascism?
I have to admit though, kurds are most likely much much more less persified, specifically in isolated cities, than other minorities like baluchis and azeris etc... Most azeris I know refer to themselves as Persians really.
100.00% pure BS.
I am an Azeri myself and consider myself as a Turk, and not persian or anything similar. I am sure that our another true Azeri member @Ostad agrees with me as well.
Its bound to happen. Also baluchi itself is extremely similare to middle Persian pahlavi, almost like a dialect. In pakistan I heard from a pakistani friend that they consider baluchis as Persians.
:disagree:
----------------------

BTW, So much BS in one single comment.:disagree: Maybe you can register your name in the guinness world records for the number of BSs in one post in a forum. ;)

Last edited:
Rm15 Lurs speak a language closer to ancient middle Persian pahlavi than new Persian or farsi. Their language is more Persian than the Persian we use in Iran. Its been reported by many groups that They are Persian nomads. Just like how youre azeri and a turk at the same time. Also I assume you can speak turkish, no?

As for Mazandaranis and gilakis, Caucasians and Iranics are basically the same people racially. Persian is also not based on race, its an ethnicity. If your race determined what ethnicity you could and couldnt be, then you azeris and anatolians wouldnt be turks since you dont look asiatic like the original turks.

Furthermore, most sources out there include Mazandaranis, gilakis, Tats, Tylish, Tajiks, Hazaras, Parsiwans, Parsis and lurs as sub-groups of Persian tribes.

The CIA World Factbook (which is based on 2013 statistics) gives the following numbers for the languages spoken in Iran today: Persian, including subgroups such as Luri, Gilaki and Mazandaranis 66%; Azeri and other Turkic languages 18%; Kurdish 10%; Arabic 1%; Baloch2%; others 1%.[17]

Library of Congress, and the Encyclopedia of Islam (Leiden)[18] give Iran's ethnic groups as following: Persians 71%, Azeris 16%, Kurds 7%, Arabs 2%, Baloch 2%, Turkmens 1%, Turkic tribal groups (e.g.Qashqai) 1%, and non-Persian, non-Turkic groups (e.g. Pashtuns, Armenians, Assyrians, and Georgians) less than 1%.[19]For sources prior to 2000, see Languages and ethnicities in Iran

What do you have against people considering themselves Persian anyways? Are you racist?

Pure BS.
Mazandanis and Gilaks are even more connected to caucasians, like Azeris and Georgian than Iranians like Persians, let alone being a subgroup of them. You can read the below Genetic studies about Mazandaranis and Gilaks:
http://www.kavehfarrokh.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/nasidze.pdf

Bakhtiaris are the "Big Lur" Tribes and not Persian. Ask some Bakhtiari person to clarify it for you.

Is not it called Fascism?

100.00% pure BS.
I am an Azeri myself and consider myself as a Turk, and not persian or anything similar. I am sure that our another true Azeri member @Ostad agrees with me as well.

:disagree:
----------------------

BTW, So much BS in one single comment.:disagree: Maybe you can register your name in the guinness world records for the number of BSs in one post in a forum. ;)
Read my reply.

May I also ask why you have that failure mosadegh as your avatar?

A lil offtopic, but I actually smacked mosadeghs grand daugther in the face at this rally. She was extremely rude and disgusting.

Last edited:

You are right that minorities are becoming persified, this is a good thing. A more homogeneous a nation ethnically, the less it will be threatened by seperatism. I have to admit though, kurds are most likely much much more less persified, specifically in isolated cities, than other minorities like baluchis and azeris etc... Most azeris I know refer to themselves as Persians really.

lets just say its completely opposite.you know Grey Wolves (Turkish: Bozkurtlar) right? we have a branch in Urmia and Tabriz

Rm15 Lurs speak a language closer to ancient middle Persian pahlavi than new Persian or farsi. Their language is more Persian than the Persian we use in Iran. Its been reported by many groups that They are Persian nomads. Just like how youre azeri and a turk at the same time. Also I assume you can speak turkish, no?

As for Mazandaranis and gilakis, Caucasians and Iranics are basically the same people racially. Persian is also not based on race, its an ethnicity. If your race determined what ethnicity you could and couldnt be, then you azeris and anatolians wouldnt be turks since you dont look asiatic like the original turks.

Furthermore, most sources out there include Mazandaranis, gilakis, Tats, Tylish, Tajiks, Hazaras, Parsiwans, Parsis and lurs as sub-groups of Persian tribes.

The CIA World Factbook (which is based on 2013 statistics) gives the following numbers for the languages spoken in Iran today: Persian, including subgroups such as Luri, Gilaki and Mazandaranis 66%; Azeri and other Turkic languages 18%; Kurdish 10%; Arabic 1%; Baloch2%; others 1%.[17]

Library of Congress, and the Encyclopedia of Islam (Leiden)[18] give Iran's ethnic groups as following: Persians 71%, Azeris 16%, Kurds 7%, Arabs 2%, Baloch 2%, Turkmens 1%, Turkic tribal groups (e.g.Qashqai) 1%, and non-Persian, non-Turkic groups (e.g. Pashtuns, Armenians, Assyrians, and Georgians) less than 1%.[19]For sources prior to 2000, see Languages and ethnicities in Iran

What do you have against people considering themselves Persian anyways? Are you racist?

Read my reply.

A lil offtopic, but I actually smacked mosadeghs grand daugther in the face at this rally. She was extremely rude and disgusting.
show some respect would you?
ps: choosing Cyrus the Great for your avatar does not make you great.so do half of what Mosaaadegh did to your country then come back,maybe in that time you become worthy to talk.

Last edited:

Read my reply.

What the hell is wrong with you! I only heard shahi idiots talk like this about Mossadegh.

Gilakis and Mazandarani is very different from Persian(although Mazandarani is closer) but Bakhtiari Lur language is a dialect of Persian(I have talked with them and have been to chaharmahal for several days), standard Lurish is also related to Persian, my mother is from Shushtar(in Khouzestan) they speak a very peculiar and yet funny sort of Persian which share a lot of vocabulary with Lurish so I personally understand a lot of what Lurs say and consider Lurish some sort of corrupted Persian.

lets just say its completely opposite.you know Grey Wolves (Turkish: Bozkurtlar) right? we have a branch in Urmia and Tabriz

I even heard my own cousin saying ''fars dili it dili''

What the hell is wrong with you! I only heard shahi idiots talk like this about Mossadegh.

Gilakis and Mazandarani is very different from Persian(although Mazandarani is closer) but Bakhtiari Lur language is a dialect of Persian(I have talked with them and have been to chaharmahal for several days), standard Lurish is also related to Persian, my mother is from Shushtar(in Khouzestan) they speak a very peculiar and yet funny sort of Persian which share a lot of vocabulary with Lurish so I personally understand a lot of what Lurs say and consider Lurish some sort of corrupted Persian.

I even heard my own cousin saying ''fars dili it dili''
very true .:tup:

You have zero knowledge about ethnicities, and languages in Iran and the meaning of the words Persian, Iranian , ...
Anyway, did you read the journal paper from Max Planck Institute that I referred you to it?
About your confusion regarding CIA Factbook, Its statistics is not always accurate and in this case, they were categorizing Mazandaranis and Gilaks in different groups in their previous years statistics. Anyway, I have referred you to a paper from one of top 10 or maybe top 5 institutes of the world in this subject. Got it?
BTW, Do you have any f***ing idea about caucasians? since when they have became Iranians? show your comment to an expert, Your comment is hilarious.
Before going further into a discussion, do you even know the meaning of the words race and ethnicity?!!! A hint: we have only 3 races: White, Black, and Asian(They are called Yellow Skin in Iran)

Anyway, Azeris and Turkish people are very close in terms of genetics, culture, and language. South Azerbaijani accent, and Turkish are 90-95% mutually intelligible, and northern Azeri, in caucasus is 85-90% mutually intelligible with Turkish.

Your stupidity is astonishing. who wants to consider himself as a persian? If you look at my previous post, you would see that an Azeri and a Gilak has thanked my post. simply because they believe your comment was full of racism and fascism. You are a fascist and racist who wants to assimilate the society into his ethnicity. No vice versa. you only need a mirror to look at yourself.
Read my reply.

Are you really nationalist or you are a basiji claiming to be nationalist and try to troll us? since I have not ever seen any nationalist Iranian who belittle Mosaddegh. only the most retard part of islamist, (and not even all of them), and some old retard royalists try to do so.

I wonder if he says his BS regarding "Azeris want to be persian" in Tabriz and we can see what would happen to him, although based on my knowledge about us, Azeris, and specially Grey wolves, there is a 50% chance that he may even be hanged from his balls.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
ps: choosing Cyrus the Great for your avatar does not make you great.so do half of what he did to your country then come back,maybe in that time you become worthy to talk.
He showed his true face by insulting Mosaddegh. He is probably a retard Royalist. Let him alone ;)

I wonder if he says his BS regarding "Azeris want to be persian" in Tabriz and we can see what would happen to him, although based on my knowledge about us, Azeris, and specially Grey wolves, there is a 50% chance that he may even be hanged from his balls.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He showed his true face by insulting Mosaddegh. He is probably a retard Royalist. Let him alone ;)
if he says sth like that in some streets ....eeh ...lets say he will wish for death.:D ;)

Those little Grey Wolves kids shit in their pants when one motor unit of the Basij is driving by. Many Azeris I know in the West refer to themselves as Persians. The same counts in Tehran.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom