What's new

BALOCHISTAN STUDENTS GRILL CM PUNJAB OVER CPEC

Ironic....don't they know SS is Punjab's CM, why don't they grill Baluchistan CM for not doing anything in their province?
It's the same old mentality, don't do anything yourself but don't forget to criticize those who are doing something

You dont see such questions from students of Quetta, Quetta still has good universities (BUITMS,UoB) its the rest of the province which is in complete shambles. And to add fuel to the fire, the non-baloch teachers in universities were murdered in cold blood, effectively cleansing Balochistan and Quetta in general of any other ethnic population.

The students were from balochistan university right ? As it's only university where quality education is lacking as compared to other unis and where teachers were threatened to leave . Balochistan university was used for political gains in past for akbar bugti .

I don't blame these students like some posters are doing here , for me they're not ignorant but are less informed and they need to be taught and provided full information about cpec rather than acting arrogant to balochistan. Acting such arrogant with balochistan won't do you any favour .
I blame all those leaders who have been ruling balochistan but yet failed to provide a quality education .

This trend of questioning is very good. I wish everyone in our country start questioning these feudal.

Sui gas in Balochistan

Balochistan is the backbone of Pakistan, as Balochistan is full of natural resources. Natural gas is also giving many advantages to the citizens of the Pakistan. Natural gas was discovered at Sui gas field in 1952 and by 1955 and being supplied in different cities of the country. Today Sui gas is the backbone of Pakistan’s economy, located in Dera Bugti. Unfortunately Balochistan is the most backward province and Dera Bugti is the most undeveloped part of the province.

The saddening news is that still many places of Balochistan are without Sui gas. The first provinces were Punjab and Sindh, who were being supplied Sui gas. After 60 years only 14 towns of Balochistan are enjoying supply from this gas to date. Otherwise the town Sui, itself does not have gas, which is only 4 miles away from the gas discovery city. The people are compel to use wood and coal as fuel and facing many problems.

Even though the capital Quetta, received gas supply as late as 1970. Then in 1990, Hub also got gas supply because it is full of industries. But the most cities of Balochistan are deprived from Sui gas and no one is interested to provide it to the areas of Balochistan and allow the citizens to enjoy Sui gas.

The Balochistan Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, Mr Jam Kamaal announced to provide Sui gas to Iran and other countries for some beneficial things. But first they should provide Sui gas to whole the country, especially in Balochistan. The half of Balochistan population is living below poverty and deprived from their basic needs. The rich people can manage themselves, by not having Sui gas. Unfortunately the poor can not afford to eat three times of food, how they can manage themselves. With the passage of time, the poverty line is increasing and creating more trouble for the citizens. It is unfortunate that provincial government is not focusing to ensure more widespread gas supply in Balochistan.

The discovered natural resources, must first benefits the province, where it has been discovered. It is totally inverse, as other are getting full advantages of it. And many urban and rural areas of Balochistan are failed to get Sui gas. The remote areas of Punjab have been getting Sui gas, since the discovery of it. The provincial government of Balochistan has never seen to ensure Sui gas supply in the urban and rural areas of Balochistan.

Not only that, only 10 percent population of Balochistan is enjoying gas supply, while the rest of the province is deprived from this beneficial thing. These days many promises are being made for the development of Gwadar. The saddening news is that Gwadar is facing many problems including clean water and Sui gas. Due to not having supply of Sui gas the people are forced to buy wood, coal and petrol to meet their fuel needs. The people of Gwadar have also expressed the sadness about the supply of gas.

The Pakistan most developing project (CPEC) is also present in Gwadar. Our leaders have promised that CPEC is full of advantage for Gwadar and Pakistan. It will bring a vital change for the people of Gwadar. But we have not seen anything or any changes occurring in Gwadar, still people lives are totally disturbed. If government want the beneficial of Gwadar so Gwadar must be provided Sui gas, which is a huge problem occurring in Gwadar.

Today Balochistan is going toward backwardness because Balochistan is not getting any benefits from its own natural resources.
It is the responsible of government and concern authorities to give equal rights to the poor people of Balochistan. The concern authorities should provide supply of gas and other facilities in whole over Balochistan that the people could get full advantages and live calm and peacefully.

Baluchistan is backward because its "leader" "Sardars" choose to keep it that way, and they were supported (by keeping a blind eye) by the "democratic" or "military" governments in Islamabad, who didn't questioned the practices of provincial governments/administrations.
It is funny to read only about "gas" that was not given to that number of households in Baluchistan; what about other resources; for example, Sain Dek/Reko Dek copper deposits .......... which you and I have listened for as long as I could remember, where are they? what happened to them?.................................

For natural gas.... one would need investment in three main areas;
1... Extraction
2... Transmission ...taking from extraction site to consumers ... Larger the consumers the better market.
3... Distribution.. that is distribution network in a town or area.

So please answer me that whether a Donor (actually a Lender) would finance a project to supply gas at 1000 Kms with a consumer base 1 Million households or with a consumer base of 1000 households. Who would foot the bill for infrastructure to supply few hundred household spread over hundreds of kilometers in rocky/hilly terrain?

The article posted has a lot of BS, and I don't know from where to begin and where to end.

This trend of questioning is very good. I wish everyone in our country start questioning these feudal.
Irony is that, the people of Baluchistan are the ones who keeps electing the feudal & they should question their own feudals in their own home, not of neighborhood.

Pakistan main parhay kam, likhay log zayada hain... In Pakistan reading people are few, and writer/speaker people are more..... We don't like to read or study but like to write and speak to our fill.

More appropriate queries would be that;
--- Who actually pay taxes in State of Pakistan and how other state revenues are collected?
--- How the collected revenues are disbursed among provinces?
--- How provinces manage its affairs?

Baluchistan is backward because its "leader" "Sardars" choose to keep it that way, and they were supported (by keeping a blind eye) by the "democratic" or "military" governments in Islamabad, who didn't questioned the practices of provincial governments/administrations.
It is funny to read only about "gas" that was not given to that number of households in Baluchistan; what about other resources; for example, Sain Dek/Reko Dek copper deposits .......... which you and I have listened for as long as I could remember, where are they? what happened to them?.................................

For natural gas.... one would need investment in three main areas;
1... Extraction
2... Transmission ...taking from extraction site to consumers ... Larger the consumers the better market.
3... Distribution.. that is distribution network in a town or area.

So please answer me that whether a Donor (actually a Lender) would finance a project to supply gas at 1000 Kms with a consumer base 1 Million households or with a consumer base of 1000 households. Who would foot the bill for infrastructure to supply few hundred household spread over hundreds of kilometers in rocky/hilly terrain?

The article posted has a lot of BS, and I don't know from where to begin and where to end.
The article looks like a BLA propaganda literature.

The article looks like a BLA propaganda literature.

Article is very softly worded and would have subtle effect on reader;
It plays on the inherent sensibilities, with provoking hostilities. I would not be surprised if your observation happened to be truth.

Ironic....don't they know SS is Punjab's CM, why don't they grill Baluchistan CM for not doing anything in their province?
It's the same old mentality, don't do anything yourself but don't forget to criticize those who are doing something
Well, there was a debate session arranged with cm of balochistan few weeks ago too for discussion .
And again mentioning , it's not first time balochistan students have met cm of punjab , we've been discussing numerous issues with him in past , so why such a fuss .

But I believe abdul malik baloch was a more good choice for balochistan.

Irony is that, the people of Baluchistan are the ones who keeps electing the feudal & they should question their own feudals in their own home, not of neighborhood.
This is not neighborhood, this is their home. This is Lahore. Similarly Gawadar is not neighborhood for us.
And they are kids, who thought Shahbaz as one of their own and questioned him. See the brighter side.

Students don't ask a physics question from a poetry teacher, them asking questions about non progress in Baluchistan from Punjab CM reflects very poorly on them, don't they know who is responsible for development work in Baluchistan?

Had they asked how he managed to do that all so they can pressurize/demand the same from their own CM would have made more sense.

It's in our nature that instead of accepting responsibility for our own bad deeds / inaction we criticize who excelled and improved their condition.

Well, there was a debate session arranged with cm of balochistan few weeks ago too for discussion .
And again mentioning , it's not first time balochistan students have met cm of punjab , we've been discussing numerous issues with him in past , so why such a fuss .

But I believe abdul malik baloch was a more good choice for balochistan.

Article is very softly worded and would have subtle effect on reader;
It plays on the inherent sensibilities, with provoking hostilities. I would not be surprised if your observation happened to be truth.
Exactly bro. That's what i thought when i read said article.
But I believe abdul malik baloch was a more good choice for balochistan
He was indeed 1000 times better than this thug you got now.
This is not neighborhood, this is their home. This is Lahore. Similarly Gawadar is not neighborhood for us.
And they are kids, who thought Shahbaz
Then they should have asked him the stuff that is good for their province. Like asking to also help them out in building up Metro system in their capital or setting up more Campuses of their Universities in Baluchistan. You don't go around your neighbours house yelling "why your house is so clean". You can clean yours too.

Last edited:
You are wrong, they didn't ask how he managed that or what was/is his vision, or how he controls the contractors to complete the projects in time, they asked him, "CPEC is in Baluchistan but why is development in Lahore".

This is not only a stupid question but also reflects on the poor knowledge and intelligence of the students, why? because CPEC is not only in Baluchistan, it is going to benefit all provinces.
CPEC is still in very early stage with no real economic benefits yet.
Lahore didn't develop in the last 12 months, SS has been working on Punjab/Lahore development for the last many years, and lastly Punjab CM is not responsible for Baluchistan.
If a student can't answer a question correctly, is no big deal but if they don't know who to ask what question then they are really dumb.

And they are kids, who thought Shahbaz as one of their own and questioned him. See the brighter side.

Exactly bro. That's what i thought when i read said article.

He was indeed 1000 times better than this thug you got now.

Then they should have asked him the stuff that is good for their province. Like asking to also help them out in building up Metro system in their capital or setting up more Campuses of their Universities in Baluchistan. You don't go around in your neighbours house & shouts "why your house is so clean". You can clean your's too.
And abdul malik got removed .

He also protested in past for shares of balochistan.
Maybe federal didn't like him for his rebellious nature .

Then they ahould have asked him stuff that is good for their province. Like asking to also help them in building up Metro system in their capital or setting up more Campuses of their Universities in their province. You don't go around in your neighbours house shouts why your house is so clean. You can clean your's too.
As I have said, this is not neighborhood. this is as much their home as gawadar. And, the questions are their democratic right. They can ask whatever they want. Metro Bus is not such a bright example of development which people cant question.

Back
Top Bottom