What's new

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect Him or not, love him or hate him...He did not give a damn about these things...he always took decisions that might have been against NDA but he stood up by them...He never feared anyone and never let down anyone...

Maharashtra has lost it's greatest leader...
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI!!

@OP : I am glad that you edited your ordinal post.

RIP
He was a great man. Hardcore Nationalist and Hindu. His party Shiv Sena did many good things for the state of Maharashtra when it was in power but sadly people know them only for the "RADDA" which too were necessary sometimes

I know, that was a little unnecessary. Who am I to decide whether he was a good guy or bad. Thats why i left the question to you guys...

I am just hoping that moderates seize this opportunity and not let another person take his place. Its about time Pak-India stopped beating drums of war and enjoy peace and prosperity. Sure its still a long way, but would be an important step in the right direction. :sniper:

You are giving that man too much importance. He was important in maharastra domestic politics, not indo pak relation.
Indo pak enemity is due to history as well as competition for resources, bal thakrey does not change anything.

Hey Sexyy there is already thread for him with exact title. Happy Holidays

I am just hoping that moderates seize this opportunity and not let another person take his place. Its about time Pak-India stopped beating drums of war and enjoy peace and prosperity. Sure its still a long way, but would be an important step in the right direction. :sniper:

Honestly, Balasaheb Thackeray didnt really care much about Pakistani except the occasional anti-Pak statement every 6 months or so. He was more involved in dealing with anti-nationals within the country, and while people might argue about his approach, his politics and vision has made Mumbai from slums to one of the richest cities in the world.

I know, that was a little unnecessary. Who am I to decide whether he was a good guy or bad. Thats why i left the question to you guys...

You are free to decide what you want. Nobody is objecting that. But I think respecting a dead person is a world wide and religion wide thing.

^^^ I dont think thakrey was a hindu religious figure. I have a sneaky feeling that he was non religious( but hindu nationalist, like savarkar).

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies.

Bal Thackeray was known for his fiery rhetoric

Hindu fundamentalist politician Bal Thackeray, the founder of the right-wing Shiv Sena party, has died in Mumbai at the age of 86.

Mr Thackeray was blamed for inciting tensions between Hindu and Muslim communities during the 1993 Mumbai riots in which about 900 people died.

His fiery rhetoric made him one of India's most controversial politicians.

The Shiv Sena was founded to keep Indian migrants out of Maharashtra state and to halt the spread of Islam.

Party workers have gathered outside Mr Thackeray's house and security has been stepped up.

His doctor told the crowd Mr Thackeray had "breathed his last" at about 15:30 (10:00 GMT) on Saturday.

He had been in poor health for some months. His health deteriorated further on Wednesday.

A cartoonist by trade, Mr Thackeray formed the Shiv Sena in 1966. Over time, the party acquired a reputation of promoting religious and ethnic chauvinism while allegedly targeting minorities, especially Muslims.

In 2002 and again in 2008, he called on Hindus to form suicide squads to attack Muslims.

He denied being anti-Muslim but said he was fiercely opposed to those who were pro-Pakistan.

Last month Mr Thackeray was unable to attend a party rally but addressed it through a video message.

BBC News - Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Do we really need three separate threads telling us this demagogue is dead?

Honestly, Balasaheb Thackeray didnt really care much about Pakistani except the occasional anti-Pak statement every 6 months or so. He was more involved in dealing with anti-nationals within the country, and while people might argue about his approach, his politics and vision has made Mumbai from slums to one of the richest cities in the world.

You are giving that man too much importance. He was important in maharastra domestic politics, not indo pak relation.
Indo pak enemity is due to history as well as competition for resources, bal thakrey does not change anything.

Really? i didnt know much detail about him. I only knew about the usual remarks he used to give about Pakistan. But yeah, i guess sorry for your loss. If you say all the good work he did for Mumbai, then it a loss indeed. RIP

Yes, stupid. Whole world knows it. But, do you have any source that says so?

Or is it in your imagination that the whole world knows it?

I think you have gone mad or showing some frustration after reading my post?
Am I right . . . . . . . ?

If not then you look like a frogs that lives his whole life in a well and don`t knows about the real world.
I hope you idiot and frustrated bhgtt got my message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom