What's new

Bajirao Mastani new trailer gave me goosebumps

Epic background score man just loved it :smitten:

Bollywood is entering into the "new" things for the first time. Or a few years after Mr. India. And more honestly trailer is more than "love" masala than actual content. The directors simply refuse to give up few things.
Lets hope Sanjay Bhansali gives a good movie.

It's a chick dance movie interspersed with war scenes.

It's a love story with a periodic backdrop more like Jodha Akbar. We had Secular people writing articles why India shouldn't win cricket world just because Modi is PM, wonder how they would react if people start making movies about exploits of Marathas and Sikhs.

I doubt bollywood will make movies on sikhs for couple of reasons. Some of good mughals in Indian books were anti-sikhs. Sikhs fought afghans/pashtuns and Indians love pathans and afghanistan. Maybe in near future after India is completly under extremist hindus control.

Mastani was daughter of Parsi prostitute and some hindu king, she was not muslim. For Indians Iranian mean muslim so she get confused for one.

I doubt bollywood will make movies on sikhs for couple of reasons. Some of good mughals in Indian books were anti-sikhs. Sikhs fought afghans/pashtuns and Indians love pathans and afghanistan. Maybe in near future after India is completly under extremist hindus control.

Mastani was daughter of Parsi prostitute and some hindu king, she was not muslim. For Indians Iranian mean muslim so she get confused for one.
Yeah Agree with your first point, it's valid.

Nah it was religious orthodoxy among hindus which didn't accepted/legitimatize such a relationship. Even till now Hindu families hesitate to accepte a Muslim girl as a daughter in law in North India. Things are changing but it will take a while before such a relationship is acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom