What's new

Bajirao Mastani new trailer gave me goosebumps

Aamir Khan is already packing his bag.
He knows he is nothing outside India.

Plus an ex Hindu wife is a dead weight. He can't even move to Pakistan or a Muslim nation easily. :disagree:

Imagine when Ranjeet Singh becomes hero in the movies.

Except for far North Indians, I think nobody had even heard of him. :tsk:

Just see what happens if this films is also a HIT, like Bahubaali.

Bollywood will change for good.
Don't be so sure man, u know Indian audiences right? they fill the theatres to watch fuckturd nonsense like 'Bodyguard' while a master class like 'Gangs of wasseypur' goes unnoticed

nice video... this makes my wait for bahubali 2 more difficult... fukkk I just wanna know why the hell did katappa kill bahubali :confused:
How about a movie on Hari Singh Nalwa .... Punjabi movie industries is also picking up momentum I am sure they can come up with something like this.

Imagine when Ranjeet Singh becomes hero in the movies.

Except for far North Indians, I think nobody had even heard of him. :tsk:
Oh come on you ... Mein toh villain hi thik hoon. :p:
Ranjeet-Henchman.jpg

Don't be so sure man, u know Indian audiences right? they fill the theatres to watch fuckturd nonsense like 'Bodyguard' while a master class like 'Gangs of wasseypur' goes unnoticed
Yeah. That will remain.

I mean the atmasamman of belonging to a proud civilization is being restored. :agree:

It's a love story with a periodic backdrop more like Jodha Akbar. We had Secular people writing articles why India shouldn't win cricket world just because Modi is PM, wonder how they would react if people start making movies about exploits of Marathas and Sikhs.

Yeah I agree, my comment was just on the lack of mainstream content on Marathas accessible to non Maharashtrians. I find Peshwas a fascinating chapter in Indian history and would have loved to see more grounded movies. I am afraid the I am not much for the song and dance aspect of Bollywood.

Idiotic depiction. The movie concept seemed promising till I saw this pathetic excuse of a trailer.
I was expecting something like Sanjay khan's "The Great Maratha"...from Bhansali...nobody's fault but mine...

I am sure Amir Khan has done more for this country than most people. Tolerance bro.

How about a movie on Hari Singh Nalwa .... Punjabi movie industries is also picking up momentum I am sure they can come up with something like this.

that would be some movie... infact the movie has to be really long to cover all the conquests of Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa.

Quintessential Bollywood treatment of the the subject matter. Trailer shows it is a typical escapist fare.

Would have liked something with more substance, Marathas and Peshwas though not as benign as depicted in popular discourse still deserve far greater exposure on International Stage. They were instrumental in fall of Mughals and only the vagaries of fortune and untimely deaths of the scions left the Marathas fragmented and susceptible to British. They were foresighted enough to share power with the chieftains but again behaved atrociously towards Jats and Rajputs which frustrated their attempts towards United Hindu opposition to Islamic Rule and British later on.
True.
It's looks like a typical triangular love story.

Nice !!!

Baji Rao fought 40 Battles and never tasted defeat, He conquered Attock and Peshawar in Pakistan. At one time Marathas are looking to conquer Afghanistan. It is British arrival that made it difficult for Maratha rise.

Yes, but the arrival of the British wasn't the downfall of Marathas. The downfall was attributed to 2 main reasons.

1) It was the third battle of Panipat in which Durrani, was able to unite remaining Mughal power in north India with Nizams of south and of course his own army in a battle to wage 'Jihad' and drive out 'infidels' from the throne of Delhi. Whereas Peshwas' (Brahmins) subjugation of Rajputs and Jats of northwest when the empire was at its' zenith made is difficult to unite their co-religionists.

2) Early death of the last real Peshwa Madhav Rao (Balaji Baji Rao's second and only able son that survived). He came to the throne after the battle of Panipat but was able to resurrect the Maratha empire. By many accounts he was the most effective Peshwa ruler but he died at the young age of 27. Meaning after this, the position of Peshwa was ceremonial and the empire went into confederacy. It was after about 5 years of confederacy that British decided to intervene.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom