What's new

Bajirao Mastani is anti Islamic, to be banned in Pakistan

Oh I see,Gaddafi connection:D
I thought it was based on North Korea and Kim Jong un

that is "the interview", another nato propaganda film and in guise of a comedy film it was creating legitimacy and brainwashing for overthrow and death of the leaders of dprk government and regime-change there.

Last edited:
Firstly, the OP says that the film is in Hindi and your ordinance does not allow Hindi films to be screened. What about Shah rukh Khan's film which is in Hindi,The OP say that Shah Rukh Khan's Diwale has been approved for release in Pakistan,it seems to me there is no clarity from yr board.

I have already explained this. We needed some lame reason to ban this movie. Just like you needed some lame reason to avoid playing cricket with Pakistan.

If it was a rule clearly defined by Pakistan on Indian cinema, that shouldn't be a problem. Calling the movie anti-Islamic is nonsense. It will still be viewed through other means even if they tagged it anti Islamic.

As said before. We can give any random reason to ban anything that we want to. Live with it. :)

Peshwar bajirao was a maratha who fought against the muslim rulers so a film about him was always going to show the muslim rulers as antagonists and the bajirao as protagonist however this most probably led to it being made banned. The reasons can given of any form as its our country and we can decide what we watch or not. Personally I want our cinemas to be freed from Bollywood films so a few bans are good in my books and will allow our films to thrive as well.

i am going to watch Mastani tomorrow , but for sure no to shahrukh dilwale

Peshwar bajirao was a maratha who fought against the muslim rulers so a film about him was always going to show the muslim rulers as antagonists and the bajirao as protagonist however this most probably led to it being made banned. The reasons can given of any form as its our country and we can decide what we watch or not. Personally I want our cinemas to be freed from Bollywood films so a few bans are good in my books and will allow our films to thrive as well.

When we talk about mughal atrocities on Hindus ... then they will become muslims nothing to do with Islam, also that is muslim rule not Islamic rule.

But when a movie is made against Mughals then it becomes anti Islamic .... nice logic !

When we talk about mughal atrocities on Hindus ... then they will become muslims nothing to do with Islam, also that is muslim rule not Islamic rule.

But when a movie is made against Mughals then it becomes anti Islamic .... nice logic !

In my entire post where did I say this film was anti islamic. My friend you just made the logic out of the blue...

I explained the natural crux of the movie how a historical movie about a Maratha who fought against Muslim rulers would automatically have Muslims as antagonist and bajirao as protagonist... Make a movie about the crusades and muslims would be antagonist and a movie about salahuddin and crusaders would be antagonists. Its the basic law of historical movies. The doesn't make it anti Islamic ( since it doesn't question any fundamentals of Islam ( you need also need to realize I heard about this movie here and there and don't know how they showcase history ) ) this makes it anti Muslim rulers not anti Islam. There is a difference...

However the censor board is just giving an excuse nothing more for a ban. Tbh I think ban could have nothing to do with Islamic and could be simply political in nature as @Areesh said.

The reason I support the ban is bcz I advocate less bollywood movies in Pakistan... If you were to ask me between bajirao and dilwale ( the reason I know them is bcz I check cinestar website everyday for star wars 7 details) which movie , gun to your head, would you pick then I would pick bajirao. The other film looks crap...

So in the end our country our rules and our excuses but this would kiay give it unnecessary fame and people would watch it on pirated DVDs.

Chalk cinema say tu nikli.

Stop whining. Our country, our rules.Just like you can't play a cricket series with Pakistan. Your country, your rule.

Stop whining. Our country, our rules. Indian Muslims are none of your concern hence stop shedding your crocodile tears for them

Stop whining. Our country, our rules. Indian Muslims are none of your concern hence stop shedding your crocodile tears for them

My country, my rule. That is why I whine from my country if I ever whine. ;)

To me - it seemed Sanjay Bhansali was trying to appease two camps.

A)The saffron crowd with fabricated stories of Hindu bravado at a time Muslim rule was on a sunset track in India. In reality the Marathas simply took advantage of disarray and fragmentation in Mughal rule with relative ease around 1720. Incredible stories of Bajirao (like him catching arrows with bare hands) has only ensured success with Sanghi low class fanboys and closet RSS admirers at the box office. Bhansali may be an idealist but he ain't stupid. He knows that fascism sells - especially to uneducated or half-educated idiots.

B)The educated liberal middle class with scenes like his Akbar-like devotion to religious neutrality and clashing with Brahmin priests. Also that last philosophical scene on the Narmada river ominously foretelling the rise of Hindu communalism in India (black invisible riders).

But overall you have to give the guy props for some amazing and lush CGI video renders.

Real history, not Hindutva rubbish

Hey man,
by any chance, do you have link to real text books of history ? Real text books means which are under current circulation in your education boards. English version of it as well.

Real history, not Hindutva rubbish

Brother don't waste your time with these Sanghi uneducated idiots. His level of grammar gives him away. He thinks the Internet is open for anyone's garbage opinion....

Morons.

Back
Top Bottom