What's new

Bajirao Mastani is anti Islamic, to be banned in Pakistan

TejasMk3

Reaction score
Country
India
Bajirao Mastani to be banned in Pakistan | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Two of the year's biggest films are set to hit the cinema halls this Friday, Dilwale starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in lead after 16 years and Bajirao Mastani, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's larger than life depiction of Maratha warrior king Bajirao Peshwa, starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. However just a day before release date, Bajirao Mastani seems have run in to some unexpected trouble in Pakistan.

Knowing that Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani explores the relationship between Bajirao Peshwa and his Muslim wife Mastani, it has been a topic of hot discussion in the Indian subcontinent, however just a day before release, Bajirao mastani has failed to get a no objection certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) of Pakistan.

Reports in the The Express Tribune quote Mobasher Hasan, chairman of the CBFC explaining why the decision to not allow screening was made,“Firstly, the film is in Hindi and our ordinance does not allow Hindi films to be screened. Secondly, it is a historical drama that is indirectly against Islam and Muslims,”.

While speculations that intimate scenes and certain dialogues could have also played a part in the decision to ban the film, Hasan clarified that the reason for not allowing the release is not because of these reasons. The Pakistan's censor board has termed the film anti-islamic and has said that it cannot allow such a film to be released in Pakistan.

However, according to the local film distributors who called for a full board film review again, the board has agreed to review it previous decision. However the outcome is yet to declared.

Punjab and Sindh have approved the release of the movie and distributors hope that because regional boards of Punjab and Sindh have no objection to the film's release the CBFC might reconsider its decision and clear it for release however it appears to be a long shot.

While the final decision is yet to be made, Shah Rukh Khan's Diwale has been approved for release in Pakistan.

In 2014 Vishal Bharadwaj's Haider was disallowed to be released in Pakistan by the CNFC in 2014 terming it as against the "ideology of Pakistan". Aamir Khan's PK that discussed religious oddities of India was also heavily edited before release in Pakistan.

Pakistan has three regional censor boards - Sindh Board of Film Certification (SBFC) in Karachi, Punjab Censor Board in Lahore, Central Board of film Certification (CBFC) of Pakistan in Islamabad.

How is this movie anti-islamic?

Stop whining. Our country, our rules.Just like you can't play a cricket series with Pakistan. Your country, your rule.
what i would have rather appreciated if the board was differentiating truths and false's of the movie. If it was able to conclude that this is wrong history being propogated in movie hence it should be banned, then i would have appreciated that.

But anti islamic .... lol thats funny.
So i am just wondering if bajirao peshwa killed some muslim ruler and movie becomes anti islamic ?

As far as i know sanjay leela bhansali, he will never promote anti religious stuff in his movies. He is one of the most credible and reputed directors of bollywood.

Bajirao Mastani to be banned in Pakistan | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Two of the year's biggest films are set to hit the cinema halls this Friday, Dilwale starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in lead after 16 years and Bajirao Mastani, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's larger than life depiction of Maratha warrior king Bajirao Peshwa, starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. However just a day before release date, Bajirao Mastani seems have run in to some unexpected trouble in Pakistan.

Knowing that Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani explores the relationship between Bajirao Peshwa and his Muslim wife Mastani, it has been a topic of hot discussion in the Indian subcontinent, however just a day before release, Bajirao mastani has failed to get a no objection certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) of Pakistan.

Reports in the The Express Tribune quote Mobasher Hasan, chairman of the CBFC explaining why the decision to not allow screening was made,“Firstly, the film is in Hindi and our ordinance does not allow Hindi films to be screened. Secondly, it is a historical drama that is indirectly against Islam and Muslims,”.

While speculations that intimate scenes and certain dialogues could have also played a part in the decision to ban the film, Hasan clarified that the reason for not allowing the release is not because of these reasons. The Pakistan's censor board has termed the film anti-islamic and has said that it cannot allow such a film to be released in Pakistan.

However, according to the local film distributors who called for a full board film review again, the board has agreed to review it previous decision. However the outcome is yet to declared.

Punjab and Sindh have approved the release of the movie and distributors hope that because regional boards of Punjab and Sindh have no objection to the film's release the CBFC might reconsider its decision and clear it for release however it appears to be a long shot.

While the final decision is yet to be made, Shah Rukh Khan's Diwale has been approved for release in Pakistan.

In 2014 Vishal Bharadwaj's Haider was disallowed to be released in Pakistan by the CNFC in 2014 terming it as against the "ideology of Pakistan". Aamir Khan's PK that discussed religious oddities of India was also heavily edited before release in Pakistan.

Pakistan has three regional censor boards - Sindh Board of Film Certification (SBFC) in Karachi, Punjab Censor Board in Lahore, Central Board of film Certification (CBFC) of Pakistan in Islamabad.

How is this movie anti-islamic?
It seems that Islam has different interpretations in same context in different regions for different motives...

what i would have rather appreciated if the board was differentiating truths and false's of the movie. If it was able to conclude that this is wrong history being propogated in movie hence it should be banned, then i would have appreciated that.

But anti islamic .... lol thats funny.
So i am just wondering if bajirao peshwa killed some muslim ruler and movie becomes anti islamic ?

As far as i know sanjay leela bhansali, he will never promote anti religious stuff in his movies. He is one of the most credible and reputed directors of bollywood.

We needed a lame reason to ban it. Just like BCCI needed lamest of reasons to avoid playing Pakistan. Live with it. Don't whine.

Stop whining. Our country, our rules.Just like you can't play a cricket series with Pakistan. Your country, your rule.
Yes our country,our rules,however the OP says that
Punjab and Sindh have approved the release of the movie and distributors hope that because regional boards of Punjab and Sindh have no objection to the film's release the CBFC might reconsider its decision and clear it for release however it appears to be a long shot. Some of the reasons given for the ban,the film is Anti Islamic and the film is released in HINDI
Are there different rules framed by different boards,just asking.

Yes our country,our rules,however the OP says that
Punjab and Sindh have approved the release of the movie and distributors hope that because regional boards of Punjab and Sindh have no objection to the film's release the CBFC might reconsider its decision and clear it for release however it appears to be a long shot. Some of the reasons given for the ban,the film is Anti Islamic and the film is released in HINDI
Are there different rules framed by different boards,just asking.

It is also internal matter of Pakistan. If central censor board refuses to give approval then movie would be banned all over Pakistan.

Pray that central censor board approves your movie. You would have at least one thing to whine about in your life. :lol:

In other words they are saying, don't watch it in movie theatre but you can watch it at home on pirated DVDs.
Aakhir dawood bhai ka Bussiness bhi sambhalna hai

Knowing that Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani explores the relationship between Bajirao Peshwa and his Muslim wife Mastani,

Secondly, it is a historical drama that is indirectly against Islam and Muslims,”.

i have not seen the film but i don't think ranveer singh and deepika would act in a anti-islam anti-muslim film... the people judging the film in the pakistani central censor board are being uneducated.

when actually anti-muslim anti-human films like rambo and "the dictator" can be made available in pakistan, banning "bajirao mastani" is silly.

In 2014 Vishal Bharadwaj's Haider was disallowed to be released in Pakistan by the CNFC in 2014 terming it as against the "ideology of Pakistan".

a silly decision again, considering that "haider" takes a neutral stance, even suggesting that kashmir's destiny must be neither with india nor with pakistan.

i have seen "haider" and it is one of the better films from the bombay film industry.

ab to dekhna padega

don't get your hopes high... the pakistani censor board is overreacting. :D

Now, its gonna be a hit for sure. :ashamed:

that it will be.

Last edited:
Actually I'm waiting for this movie..From the trailer,the movie looks amazing.Gonna watch next week.And I'm going to sacrifice Star Wars-7 for this movie,of course temporarily..

Back
Top Bottom