What's new

Baituallah Mehsud claims responsibility for NY shoot-out

Screaming Skull

Reaction score

The leader of the Taliban in Pakistan claims he was behind the attack on an immigration cente in the US which left 13 people dead.

"I accept resonsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to US drone attacks," Baituallah Mehsud told a news agency.

A gunman armed with two pistols injured dozens more in the attack in Binghamton, New York state, before turning the gun on himself.

The killer, believed to be a 42-year-old Vietnamese, blocked the rear exit of the centre with his car before entering and opening fire.

Police chief Joe Zikuski said the man went into the building at around 10.30am local time (3.30pm UK time) on Friday.

Congressman Maurice Hinchey, whose district includes Binghamton, said the gunman had recently lost his job at IBM in Johnson City.

Police have searched the home of the man they think carried out the attack.

They removed three computer hard-drives, a brown canvas rifle case, a briefcase, a small suitcase, and several bags.

Detectives said the gunman shot two receptionists as he entered the building.

One was killed, but the second pretended to be dead and managed to alert police.

At least four people were said to be in a critical condition and some reports said as many as 26 people were wounded in the attack.

Officials said the gunman was armed with two pistols - a 9mm and a .45 calibre handgun.

Pak Taliban claims responsibility for NY shoot-out

Binghamton (NY): Pakistani Taliban militant leader Baituallah Mehsud claimed on Saturday responsibility for an attack on a US immigration centre in New York state in which 13 people were killed.

"I accept resonsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to US drone attacks," Mehsud told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

A man armed with two handguns killed 13 people at an immigration services centre before apparently turning the gun on himself, authorities in Binghamton, New York, said.

Representative Maurice Hinchey, whose district includes Binghamton, told the New York Times that indications are the gunman was an immigrant from Vietnam.

Earlier, a man armed with two handguns killed 13 people at an immigration services centre before apparently turning the gun on himself, authorities in Binghamton, New York, said on Friday.

Police Chief Joseph Zikuski told a news conference the gunman blocked the back entrance of the building with a car, walked in the front door and shot two receptionists, one of whom died, before entering a classroom and killing 12 more people and then apparently committing suicide.

what have the US investigators confirmed? I didn't follow up this incident after it was believed that this is not a terrorist act.

This proves it self how big tout of USA Basturd baitullah mehsood is.

lol.... It's statements like these that make me think Baitullah hasn't done any of the attacks in Pakistan. He's just taking responsibility because he wants to be the baddest on the block. If they were Wild West characters, Baitullah would by now be Jesse James, which i think is his goal, and most of Pakistani Taliban. The name Taliban was adopted by these Pakistanis too for much the same reasoning.

what have the US investigators confirmed? I didn't follow up this incident after it was believed that this is not a terrorist act.

No confirmation yet...they are keeping it hush hush. But the news is from Reuters and many channels are reporting...may be it s true...we l know soon.

Hey AA I dont know how to edit the thread title...can u correct the typo?

He's probably just scoring points. But nonetheless the US should be alarmed that he is capable of doing it and beef up security.

Man this guy s got balls....he s risking a hell fire up his a** from a reaper. Scoring a point or real attack he s invited hell upon himself

But if they really were mehsud's men then the U.S better watch their backs.
We all know what happened the last time they let their guard down.

Pakistan Taliban Head:Responsible For Binghamton Attack-Wall Street Journal

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Pakistani Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud claimed responsibility for the attack on an immigration services center in Binghamton, N.Y., the Press Trust of India reported Saturday.

Mehsud said that a Pakistani and another man carried it out the attack, which left 14 people, including a man the police suspected of being the gunman, dead during a killing spree Friday.

A man, identified as Jiverly Voong by ABC News, reportedly entered the American Civic Association in downtown Binghamton, about 140 miles northwest of New York City, at 10:30 a.m. EDT and opened fire.

Binghamton police chief Joseph Zikuski confirmed the death count during a Friday afternoon press conference and said four were wounded during the shooting. Zikuski said 13 of the bodies were found in one room at the center and the 14th was a receptionist in the building.

A second receptionist, who survived and was shot in the stomach, was the first to see the gunman and pretended to be dead as the gunman passed, Zikuski said.

The gunman held hostages for several hours before shooting himself, police said. Zikuski said the gunman was believed to be one of the dead, but that authorities weren't "100% sure."

The Associated Press reported the suspected gunman had recently been laid off from International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) in Johnson City. A company spokesman said he couldn't confirm the suspect's association with IBM.

The suspect was described as an Asian male, between 5-feet, 8-inches and 6 feet tall, wearing a bright green nylon jacket and dark-rimmed glasses.

Law enforcement sources told NBC News that several weapons were recovered from the shooting scene and the gunman acted alone.

Man this guy s got balls....he s risking a hell fire up his a** from a reaper. Scoring a point or real attack he s invited hell upon himself

US recently has agreed to kill Mehsud after he became liability for them.

Such paranoid flase claims created by US/western media is just part of the paving way for finding excuses for that.

look at the events the man who carried out the shoot out is a 42-year-old Vietnamese who recently lost job.

what i have read is that the gunmen used to work in ibm and resently lost his job

US recently has agreed to kill Mehsud after he became liability for them.

Such paranoid flase claims created by US/western media is just part of the paving way for finding excuses for that.

look at the events the man who carried out the shoot out is a 42-year-old Vietnamese who recently lost job.

Do you really think the US needs any excuse to a kill a paranoid freak? They can bury him alive for all you know and no one will question them.

He's probably just scoring points. But nonetheless the US should be alarmed that he is capable of doing it and beef up security.

Asim
I find this development disturbing. The guy in New York was a Viet Namese. As far as I know he had no links to any religious organizations. Mehsud.,s resposibility claim is worrying for the repercussions it might invte. If you see the crisis evolving, it has a very familiar flavour to some of theothe events used for various international developments. I hope you can understand . The problem is our Goernment is so inept they have no vision of what is being done and what ts repercussions might be. We must think this one out carefully.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom