What's new

Bahubali Breaks PK’s Day 1 Record In USA

Indian bragging is truly astounding. Don't make yourself look stupid. Do some research instead of quoting blog article. Chinese films not only topped US box office, it has won all every major films festival: Cannes, Berlin, Venice, BAFTA, Oscar.....

Hero (2002 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 4th highest-grossing foreign language films in the US at US$53 million. Worldwide US$122 million. Rotten Tomato rating 95%. Beat that!

War epic?
Red Cliff (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global box office US$150 million. Rotten Tomato rating 89%

Look up the awards won by these names: Jia Zhangke, Zhang Yimou, Chen Kaige, Diao Yinan, Ge You, Wong Kar-wai........ the list is too long.

Oh, Hou Hisan-Hsien just won the Best Director award at Cannes Film fest .

Tag Chinese members only when India surpassed that list.

I watched red cliff. extra ordinary movie.. but tollywood films are made with low budget.. just subjected to one or 2 states in India...

You don't get butthurt if i post an article.In fact it is your own most respected filmmakers, Chen Kaige, spoke publicly last week about his country’s need to step up its filmmaking capabilities, explaining why he used a mostly non-Chinese crew for his latest film,Monk Comes Down the Mountain:

Will i chest thump and saying that india is the largest country in the world with regards to largest number of films overtaking even hollywood blah blah, No !

Bahubali is basically a regional film, not at all even a bollywood film and niether it is a blockbuster cartoon film.

Look at the forum, even an article here and there against india with out any credible source, your members start a thread will multiple pages just for trolling purpose and so don't preach us what to do.

Why would I be butthurt? Chinese films triumphed Indian in both box office sales and critics' award. So what if Chen Kaige used non-Chinese crew for his latest film? Most Hollywood films hire Chinese crew for fight choreography. Martin Scorsese even won an Oscar remaking Chinese film, The Infernal Affairs.

Achievement speaks for itself, not fake chest-thumping.

I watched red cliff. extra ordinary movie.. but tollywood films are made with low budget.. just subjected to one or 2 states in India...

High budget doesn't guarantee good movies. Im not dissing this tollywood movie or anything. Just rebutting this loud mouth bragging Mr Nair.

Last edited:
Why would I be butthurt? Chinese films triumphed Indian in both box office sales and critics' award. So what if Chen Kaige used non-Chinese crew for his latest film? Most Hollywood films hires Chinese crew for their choreography. Martin Scorsese even won an Oscar remaking Chinese film, The Internal AffaIrs.

Achievement speak for itself, not fake chest-thumping.

I'm not dissing this tollywood movie. My post was just a rebuttal to this Mr Nair who tagged all Chinese members. His bragging truly knows no bound.

No no Hollywood copied every thing including crew and techniques from china, don't you know that buddy?

They ended the first part in such a way that second part has become a must see. Every movie tells us a story and the way Bahubali has done it is simply fantastic. This film is a watershed in Indian cinema.

I have seen Bahubali with my 10 years old daughter. She enjoyed it. As its a family entertainer, actually awkward to see that undressing scene. Overall a good entertainer.

But what I fail to understand is the repeated mention of collection and rejoicing it. I paid the money and got the entertainment----Finished. If this movie (or any other movie) is making 300 crores or 400 crore why I should be bothered? Not a single penny will come to your or my pocket,, why should I be so worried about its collection? It childish behaviour.

The fans think that their beloved hero is earning millions, and thinking that its their virtual success. Its not ---grow up!!!!

I have seen Bahubali with my 10 years old daughter. She enjoyed it. As its a family entertainer, actually awkward to see that undressing scene. Overall a good entertainer.

But what I fail to understand is the repeated mention of collection and rejoicing it. I paid the money and got the entertainment----Finished. If this movie (or any other movie) is making 300 crores or 400 crore why I should be bothered? Not a single penny will come to your or my pocket,, why should I be so worried about its collection? It childish behaviour.

The fans think that their beloved hero is earning millions, and thinking that its their virtual success. Its not ---grow up!!!!
Nothing comes to the viewer's pocket obviously. Perhaps the overall collection somehow expresses to which extent a film has been revered by the people. Everybody gets cheered up when their beloved ones score good marks, isn't?

They ended the first part in such a way that second part has become a must see. Every movie tells us a story and the way Bahubali has done it is simply fantastic. This film is a watershed in Indian cinema.
there was another movie gangs of wesseypur with two parts. I have not watched this one because they are not showing it in local cinema here

People always relate collection/earning of movie wth its quality which i dont agree with..

Stunned after watching this movie!! Visual spectacular!!

please do watch great english sci-fi films like "sunshine" and "the last days on mars" which have fantastic and realistic visuals but will be produced at much lower costs relatively than this mythologic drama called "bahubali".

even "dune" and "bladerunner" made in the 80's would be many times better than "bahubali".

Last edited:
please do watch great english sci-fi films like "sunshine" and "the last days on mars" which have fantastic and realistic visuals but will be produced at much lower costs relatively than this mythologic drama called "bahubali".

even "dune" and "bladerunner" made in the 80's would be many times better than "bahubali".

Hollywood movies made with high budget... sunshine budget is 40m$ in 2007 but Bahubali made with 40m $$ in 2015, lets not forget the budget is for 2 parts....

Hollywood movies made with high budget... sunshine budget is 40m$ in 2007 but Bahubali made with 40m $$ in 2015, lets not forget the budget is for 2 parts....

1. why i used "much lower costs relatively" is that sunshine and others are made in a western capitalist environment which automatically increases costs for no practical reason at all... if sunshine was made in russia with the same visuals and story and acting, it would have been made at lot less than 40 million dollars.

2. even if bahubali is in two parts, it is a inferior film compared to sunshine.

3. "the last days on mars" is a 2013 released film, made with 10.6 million dollars and it is a believable story set on mars in near-future, quite unlike bahubali in every way... i recommend you this film... below is it on yt, watch and decide for yourself...

((
))

4. what about "dune" and "bladerunner" from the 80's??

1. why i used "much lower costs relatively" is that sunshine and others are made in a western capitalist environment which automatically increases costs for no practical reason at all... if sunshine was made in russia with the same visuals and story and acting, it would have been made at lot less than 40 million dollars.

2. even if bahubali is in two parts, it is a inferior film compared to sunshine.

3. "the last days on mars" is a 2013 released film, made with 10.6 million dollars and it is a believable story set on mars in near-future, quite unlike bahubali in every way... i recommend you this film... below is it on yt, watch and decide for yourself...

((
))

4. what about "dune" and "bladerunner" from the 80's??

Indian film standards are not par with Hollywood.. you are making silly assumptions... visual effects wise the movie is spectacular ... we don't have tech to made films to Hollywood level.. US is developed country... Bladerunner budget is 29million $ in 1982... convert those amount into 2015 then tell me...1$ in 1982 is approximately 2.5$ now... Bahubali is whole different story Most of those graphic work done in Indian studios on par with Hollywood visual effects.... in other words way ahead of previous Indian flicks... self criticism is required but this is....:o::o:

Indian film standards are not par with Hollywood..

that is the point... you should not be talking about budgets but about the set design, art work and technologies demonstrated ( in the film ).

below is the police vehicle shown in bladerunner ( 1982 )... which indian superhero film ( demonstration of design ) can come close to this...

spinner_liftoff.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

Blade_Runner_Spinners.png

self criticism is required but this is....:o::o:

my point is typical indian government or even films mentality is "throw big money and you shall arrive at new or superior techology"... that is false assumption.

bladerunner worked with much less advanced computers in 1982 than bahubali did in 2014/2015, yet bladerunner is superior to bahubali in every way.

it is ideas that matter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom