What's new

Bahrian to buy Eurofighter Typhoon

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Bahrian to buy Eurofighter Typhoon

"Bahrain has expressed an interest in Typhoon and the British government are leading very early discussions. BAE Systems is supporting the government in these discussions," a BAE spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The Eurofighter combat jet is made by BAE, Italian weapons maker Finmeccanica and EADS, a pan-European aerospace and defence corporation.

The Eurofighter consortium is targeting exports as European governments slash defence budgets, and it has so far sold jets to Austria, Saudi Arabia and Oman outside of its core market.

It is also vying for orders in South Korea, Kuwait, Qatar, Bulgaria and Denmark. The Eurofighter's main competitors include Lockheed Martin's F-35 jet, Dassault Aviation's Rafale fighter and the Gripen by Sweden's Saab.

Bahrain's national news agency reported on Wednesday that the country's King Hamad Al Khalifa, who was in the UK at the time, had told the British prime minister, David Cameron, that his country was interested in buying Eurofighter jets to "create a cohesive defence system between the Gulf Cooperation Council" nations.

This could be good news for the Eurofighter consortium's attempts to secure a deal for the jet with the UAE, which was expected to finalise a US$10 billion (Dh36.73bn) agreement for a Rafale fighter last year before talks faltered, giving the group hope of winning the deal.

Britain will hope its historic ties with Arabian Gulf states, many of them former protectorates and regional allies, will help it secure a deal with Bahrain, securing jobs for BAE's Typhoon production line at Warton in northwest England.

I have the feeling that the EF will be the backbone of the GCC air force in the near future.

Good pick by Bahrain.

Thanx @Yzd

I have the feeling that the EF will be the backbone of the GCC air force in the near future.

Good pick by Bahrain.

Thanx @Yzd

They are probably planning to use ground support facilities of your country. Opting for Eurofighter would save bahrain, the cost of setting up dedicated repair and maintenance facility cost.

They are probably planning to use ground support facilities of your country. Opting for Eurofighter would save bahrain, the cost of setting up dedicated repair and maintenance facility cost.

:welcome: back Anonymus!!!

I haven't seen you for a while, I hope you're doing good.

:welcome: back Anonymus!!!

I haven't seen you for a while, I hope you're doing good.

Was banned for posting off-topic on India-pakistan border skirmish thread. On that thread aeronaut lost his mind and gave infraction to every Indian who was posting on that thread.

Even though ban was over on friday, nothing of value is being posted on this forum. Its quality has gone down since 2012. thus i had not logged in for a while.

@Yzd Khalifa

There is this thread from 2012. A discussion on similar topic today would descend into petty name calling. Even though original topic is lame, there has been good debate on topic and also on those topics which spawned from this particular one like viability of oil reserves and effect of nuclear weapons.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/americ...cers-hiroshima-tactics-total-war-islam-8.html

This was reposted some days ago in a locked thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrorists aren't citizens, they're scums :police: and scums should be erased.

If these oppressed innocents who are being killed and raped for the sake of protesting, blogging and other peaceful stuff are called "terrorists", I wonder what would you call the foreign-backed militias in Syria who have even committed bombings and kidnapping? Nice hypocrisy :disagree:

Image of "terrorists" (wow, so many of em):
220px-March_of_9_March_by_Korah_5.jpg

More "terrorists":
220px-Protesters_gathering_in_Pearl_roundabout.jpg

"Terrorists'" peaceful protests at Saudi embassy in Manama turns to violent by govt forces:
450px-2011_Bahraini_uprising_-_March_%28152%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom